When I plug my phone in to a wall outlet the side edge battery bar doesn't work but when I plug it in a cigarette lighter in my car it works, anyone experience this ?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-18-15 06:00 PM
    My battery bar is so unpredictable I don't know when it's suppose to be on and off. When I first plug in to any source it may show for a couple of seconds. I never see it again until I unplug and recharge next time. Just for a couple of seconds though, sometimes.

Last edited by paulbbp; 11-18-15 at 06:35 PM.
    11-18-15 06:21 PM
    When I plug my phone in to a wall outlet the side edge battery bar doesn't work but when I plug it in a cigarette lighter in my car it works, anyone experience this ?

Are you using the charger that came with the Priv?
    11-18-15 06:38 PM
    Based on ur light. If the room Is dark, the edge doesn't light up

Posted via CB10
    cdavisunlimited likes this.
    11-18-15 06:39 PM
    I've noticed something similar with Samsung devices. I can use the same charger in two different outlets, and sometimes the "quick charge" feature kicks in, and other times not. After a bit of experimenting it seemed to come down to how much of a load was on the circuit that I plugged into.

Have you tried plugging the charger into a wall outlet that shares the same circuit as a lot of other appliances? ie... the same circuit that has your computer, house lights, air conditioner, etc...

There may be a threshold of power that can be influenced by the load on the circuit. For example... my local watering hole (I likes my beer) will see several people plugging devices in, but I'll not see my quick charge work unless I'm the only person plugged in.

There may be a threshold that determines that the extra display feature gets too dangerously close to wasting charging time. Which, IMHO, would be a benefit. Granted that'd have to be a very miniscule chance.
    11-18-15 06:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's dumb ! Thank you!

11-18-15 06:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    ^^Yep, this is the issue. Battery indicator isn't developed to be always on, just when you might be using the phone (i.e. in the day, not in a dark room when you're asleep).
    11-18-15 07:16 PM
    It would be nice if they make this user configurable in a future update. I would choose to have it show anytime the phone is charging with screen off.

11-18-15 08:21 PM
    sounds like your device is a smoker lol

sorry i had nothing else to say really
    VertHd likes this.
    11-18-15 08:41 PM