Don't know if I should post this here or the OS thread but because I use the PKB posting here.

I've had a bug where say I type the name of an app in nova launcher and then open Whatsapp to send a text, the previously typed tex appears in the text box. Happens for any text box and it is totes annoying.

Typed amazon in nova, switched to Whatsapp and started typing only to have amazon pop up in that text box.
    Attached Thumbnails Weird keyboard bug (pasting previously typed text in text boxes)-18307.jpg  
    10-23-16 07:01 AM
    Following
    10-23-16 08:49 AM
    Lots of people (including me) have reported this problem occurring intermittently.

Unfortunately BlackBerry has refused to acknowledge the issue.
    10-23-16 09:35 AM
    Don't know if I should post this here or the OS thread but because I use the PKB posting here.

I've had a bug where say I type the name of an app in nova launcher and then open Whatsapp to send a text, the previously typed tex appears in the text box. Happens for any text box and it is totes annoying.

Typed amazon in nova, switched to Whatsapp and started typing only to have amazon pop up in that text box.
    There's a thread already mentioning this type of issue. I think it may have "password" in the title. Same type of thing - text typed into another app will show up in yet another app as soon as it is opened. Apparently, it is not even text that had been copied into the clipboard - just text that had beeen typed.

Found it:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...laces-1088420/
    10-23-16 09:46 AM
    It seems to happen only if you don't complete your word wherever you're typing it. Pressing space after rotter typing doesn't carry it over. I guess we have to get used to it till BlackBerry decides to do something. I tried using other keyboard but the PKB just isn't good enough with them. I use swipe (on the PKB), gestures and custom symbols and no other keyboard app has it.
    10-23-16 10:11 PM
    Can someone confirm that this has been fixed in the latest BlackBerry Keyboard update (received today 28-10-2016) Right after the update I did have it happen for a few minutes but it seems to have disappeared now and the keyboard is back to being awesome.
    10-28-16 04:25 PM
    Yes, this should be fixed in the latest update. Note that the scenario fixed actually involved:
    1. Typing in one text field, leaving the cursor at the end of a word or partial word (no space after the last characters before the cursor.)
    2. Switching to another app which has focus in a text field but which does not make a request to "show" the keyboard.
    3. Typing on the physical keyboard.

In most cases (at least where the BlackBerry Keyboard is the active input method) you can tell that the keyboard hasn't been requested in the new input field because:
    • The "back" key on the navigation bar is still pointing to the side rather than down.
    • The keyboard isn't showing any predictions for the start of a sentence (if you're in a field for which predictions would be expected.)

In this case the BlackBerry Keyboard will show itself after a physical key is pressed, but with this bug that first keypress was injecting stale cached data. Tapping in the field before typing would avoid the problem, since the input session would be fully initialized.

WhatsApp is one example of an app which doesn't request that the keyboard show right away, if it sees that a physical keyboard is available. Normally apps would request a keyboard either way, and leave it up to the input method (keyboard app) to decide whether it's appropriate to show any sort of view; in those cases you wouldn't have seen the bug.

Regards,
    Mark from BlackBerry
    10-28-16 04:40 PM
    Yes, this should be fixed in the latest update. N

Regards,
    Mark from BlackBerry
    Thanks Mark! It was a disaster for me since the whole reason I have a BlackBerry is to use Whatsapp with a physical keyboard. Thanks for the fast fix.
    10-29-16 01:36 AM
    Awesome! Thanks for updating us Mark.
    10-29-16 05:22 PM
    not solved, well the phone says it is up to date, not sure it really is as I had no updates on the 28th yet.
    10-30-16 01:53 PM
    not solved, well the phone says it is up to date, not sure it really is as I had no updates on the 28th yet.
    Are you on version 2.4.1.9730? Because it's definitely fixed on this version.
    10-30-16 02:00 PM
    Are you on version 2.4.1.9730? Because it's definitely fixed on this version.
    got it meanwhile, no strange things anymore since today. Thanks
    10-31-16 07:15 AM
    My keyboard issues have been resolved, although I have noticed "Milton" is popping out in sentences like crazy!

Love Milton, but am 150% certain I have never typed the word

Also, one "bug" I've noticed: if I break line using shift+enter, the first new word of new line of text is not capitalised.
    10-31-16 02:24 PM
    My keyboard issues have been resolved, although I have noticed "Milton" is popping out in sentences like crazy!

Love Milton, but am 150% certain I have never typed the word

Also, one "bug" I've noticed: if I break line using shift+enter, the first new word of new line of text is not capitalised.
    I have the captilisation thing too but no Milton luckily 😂😂
    Last edited by ihearlivepplz; 10-31-16 at 06:07 PM.
    10-31-16 02:38 PM
    "shift enter" is the classic "soft enter" in windows. so no capital sounds very logic to me.
    10-31-16 06:05 PM