Michaluk: When do you expect Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Priv, and can you make any sort of guarantee on the frequency of updates now that others are moving to a monthly cycle for security improvements?

Louks: Launching with Android Lollipop was the most expedited way to get Priv to market. We will be supporting software upgrades for Android M in coming months as Priv rolls out. And we've committed to speedy updates for security improvements.
    BlackBerry's President of Devices on the Priv, Android, security and keyboards | Android Central
    bluetroll and hoopitz like this.
    11-04-15 01:01 PM
    Should be on cb.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    11-04-15 01:07 PM
    "I love being able to use the virtual keyboard for a quick reply, but nothing beats the physical keyboard for longer replies, editing and simply ensuring accuracy. I think people will be amazed at the design there truly isn't anything like it on the market today"
    11-04-15 01:08 PM
    great interview, thanks!
    11-04-15 01:21 PM
    I like hearing what Louk said in the interview. He was very clear on what BlackBerry was trying to accomplish, very unlike Chen with his evasive often mumbled responses. Although I am not getting this first generation Android handset from BlackBerry, I hope Priv succeed and BlackBerry handset division continues.
    11-04-15 01:22 PM
    I like hearing what Louk said in the interview. He was very clear on what BlackBerry was trying to accomplish, very unlike Chen with his evasive often mumbled responses. Although I am not getting this first generation Android handset from BlackBerry, I hope Priv succeed and BlackBerry handset division continues.
    Well Louk is THE guy for BB to Android. From the CNET article, he was the one that had to convince Chen to start the project in 2014 so this is his baby.
    11-04-15 01:31 PM
    Louks: Launching with Android Lollipop was the most expedited way to get Priv to market. We will be supporting software upgrades for Android M in coming months as Priv rolls out. And we've committed to speedy updates for security improvements.
    Through the carrier barrier..... I'll believe it when I see it.
    11-04-15 01:40 PM
    Off topic question... will the Priv use the same Sim card as the classic or the bigger ones like the passport?

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 01:42 PM
    Off topic question... will the Priv use the same Sim card as the classic or the bigger ones like the passport?

Posted via CB10
    Classic and Passport are the same size.
    11-04-15 01:43 PM
    Well Louk is THE guy for BB to Android. From the CNET article, he was the one that had to convince Chen to start the project in 2014 so this is his baby.
    He's the same guy who showed the prototype dummy back in CES, right?
    11-04-15 01:46 PM
    Why isn't this posted on CB? Is this foreshadowing of how things are going to go now, regarding Priv news? Hoping this was just an oversight.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 01:47 PM
    Through the carrier barrier..... I'll believe it when I see it.
    I think it can be possible for sure.... I the device does well that is.

If it's selling poorly carrier devices may never see Marshmallow.

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    11-04-15 01:51 PM
    Should be on cb.

Posted via CB10
    Cb is like bb... always one step behind lol

But seriously im looking forward to the Priv, it's a real shame all these unboxing videos are popping up from other sites but Cb hasn't done one!!!

"I roll with 2 passports, 1 for travelling and 1 for communicating"
    11-04-15 04:54 PM
    Classic and Passport are the same size.
    So will it use the one out of my classic?
    11-04-15 11:26 PM
    He's the same guy who showed the prototype dummy back in CES, right?
    Correct
    11-04-15 11:46 PM