We need a developer to rise from the ashes and build a most robust runtime we can side load in our Priv's and future BlackBerry androids.

Who will rise among us and be the hero he was born to be!?

WHERE IS OUR WHITE KNIGHT !?

Z30 (10.3.1)
    11-07-15 12:21 PM
    BB10 runtime.

Z30 (10.3.1)
    11-07-15 01:59 PM
    why? so you can copy what over? old bb apps that arent developed now?

even with a runtime, you cant just emulate bb10... you need more than a runtime for that

but hey, maybe you can find someone to make a bb10 emulator that you can run fulltime?
    11-07-15 02:02 PM
    I stikl think this would be excellent and a hreat way to keep the bb10 developers having access to the new phones. I wants fast tube and blaq mainly.

Z30 (10.3.1)
    11-09-15 12:38 AM
    I'd love the Movie Maker. Wish I was that tech saavy!

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 01:02 AM
    Correction : we, bb10 users need that lollipop runtime!

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and Carmels like this.
    11-09-15 01:05 AM
    Why not just ask the developers of the apps you like to bring them over to Android and run them natively?

If the developers customers have changed to another OS I'm sure they have considered releasing their apps across both android and BBOS
    11-09-15 01:15 AM
    We developers BBOS 10 need the lollipop runtime. That's all?!

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 01:39 AM
    Why not just ask the developers of the apps you like to bring them over to Android and run them natively?

If the developers customers have changed to another OS I'm sure they have considered releasing their apps across both android and BBOS
    Fast tube can never come because it violates the youtube rules.

Id rather be able to still have access to BlackBerry world on a priv type device...I think it would be dope.

Z30 (10.3.1)
    11-09-15 01:44 AM
    Fast tube can never come because it violates the youtube rules.

Id rather be able to still have access to BlackBerry world on a priv type device...I think it would be dope.

Z30 (10.3.1)
    Well actually it can come, it just won't be allowed in the play store. But you could side load it.
    11-09-15 01:47 AM
    Well actually it can come, it just won't be allowed in the play store. But you could side load it.
    I'm eager to hear how. Have sidelined apps to my BlackBerrys, but never vice versa.

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv
    11-09-15 02:18 AM
    I mean, sideloaded!

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv
    11-09-15 02:19 AM
    Well first the basic warning:

Only ever install an apk from a source you trust. Just like on your PC.

Assuming you trust the source of your apk file, download it directly to your phone.

Go to the setting menu
    Then security
    Then toggle "unknown sources".
    Read, understand and thoroughly contemplate the warning that pops up (covering my *** here, I'm sure you know what your doing)
    Then accept it.

Open your file manager of choice and open the apk and follow the installation prompts.

Be sure to read and understand all of the permissions the app is asking for.

Hit install and profit.
    11-09-15 03:15 AM
    With an alternative run-time, the OS would no longer be Android, it would be a Linux distro. So, Google would not allow it.

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    11-09-15 06:46 AM
    Well first the basic warning:

Only ever install an apk from a source you trust. Just like on your PC.

Assuming you trust the source of your apk file, download it directly to your phone.

Go to the setting menu
    Then security
    Then toggle "unknown sources".
    Read, understand and thoroughly contemplate the warning that pops up (covering my *** here, I'm sure you know what your doing)
    Then accept it.

Open your file manager of choice and open the apk and follow the installation prompts.

Be sure to read and understand all of the permissions the app is asking for.

Hit install and profit.
    Thank you, but I realize there was a misunderstanding on my end. I know how to sideload apk files from dealing with my son's Kindle (and saw the setting on my Priv). My mistake was in assuming that FastTube existed in bar file form and not as an apk. Am familiar when converting apks to bars, but haven't done the opposite.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 08:47 AM
    OP.... BB10 code isn't open sourced like Android is. A "developer" couldn't do it if they wanted too.

But if you want to dream....
    What would be cool is if a developer could install Hypervisor (if it is ever completed) on to an unlocked Android phone (not the PRIV as it's locked). And then created a BB10 hardware security emulator that would allow BB10 to "think" it was being installed on a BB10 hardware set. And then allowed a full version of Android to also be installed....
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    11-09-15 09:35 AM
    It could work the other way around though. A homebrewed Android runtime for BB10os when the official one bites the dust.

� CB10 via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition �
    11-09-15 09:51 AM
    Everything is allowed in the playstore. I can post apps immediately. They sometimes do a post check a month later though.

That said. You can run bb10 over VM on a PC. And connect to the PC via RDP. And sideload 'most' apps to the PC VM. It's a hell of an ugly hack but doable. If you can find a x86 VMware compatible emulator for Droid it might be even easier

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    11-09-15 09:53 AM
    Yeah I have used x86 emulators on Android to run Linux. Pretty sure they run Windows too...

And while some dodgy apps to make it into the play store, Google are extra snappy in removing the stuff that messes with their own apps, like the youtube app being discussed.
    11-09-15 04:45 PM