11-04-15 10:37 AM
90 1234
tools
    People seem to forget that BlackBerry didn't make the #PRIV to win over the masses, it was made to win back those that left BlackBerry due to lack of apps. A large portion of those people still think highly of BlackBerry and will be back. Street cred? Those that are worried about what their friends think of their phone are not BlackBerry's target market with the #PRIV.

The Z30 is unbelievable!
    Exactly and I wouldn't be here if I thought BlackBerry would fail .
    10-28-15 07:50 AM
    I just want that physical keyboard.

And if this phone ends up selling well, hopefully a passport 2 running Android.

And if that does well as well, hopefully a classic (with a taller screen) running Android
    10-28-15 07:53 AM
    I seriously think that the 5m mark set by Chen will get destroyed. I foresee 20m+ selling in the first 6 months worldwide. Assuming they produce enough for the correct markets with correct frequencies.

Posted via Silver Passport.
    gallopiton likes this.
    10-28-15 12:20 PM
    I find it funny because BB10 was reviewed when was lauched and it was kinda bad. If there were enough reviews of 10.3.2 maybe people would see it as a very good OS. Now with the latest updates it actually is.

Now what is sad is that blackberry advertises the Priv as a secure smartphone, security above all, and android fangeeks are going to say its bad because its too intrusive like when windows introduced UAC, you cannot root it, you cannot load any other roms...

And whats the purpose? If you root it and load any other crappy android roms it would not be a blackberry anymore.

Reviewers will start by trying to pick every tiny fault and discarding the good things. But in their hearts they will want one because its different and truely more productive with the blackberry enhancements. But, as i said early, its a blackberry, the name that is dead long gone and i dont want people to see me with a blackberry. Oh god...

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 12:33 PM
    Samsung is the WORST android company

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 12:36 PM
    How is it not? The burden of proof falls on the naysayer.
    No, it really doesn't. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philos...urden_of_proof

When two parties are in a discussion and one affirms a claim that the other disputes, the one who affirms has a burden of proof to justify or substantiate that claim.
    10-28-15 12:58 PM
    Specs of PRIV are similar to Samsung Galaxy S6 edge, add the Incredible 'BlackBerry Hub', Picture Password, physical keyboard with capacitive touch to enjoy full screen. Non BlackBerry users may don't know that typing on a BlackBerry phone is a 'privilege'. I have used all types of phones. Windows, iPhones, Samsung, moto but the experience in BlackBerry is different altogether. As for the price, it has same launch price as Samsung Galaxy S6 edge when it launched. I know lack of apps ruined it for BlackBerry 10 OS but some of the mentioned features are too good to be ignored. Add security. This device is a beast unleashed and I have high hopes from it.
    If your wallet allows, then you really should consider this Phone. I have done enough research about price n other details.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 01:08 PM
    If it had samsung written on the front it would be the best thing the world has ever seen. Its funny because the Priv is made by samsung, rumor has it.

Posted via CB10
    This is exactly why I've been saying that Blackberry should have partnered with Samsung! It could have been a Samsung Priv fueled by Blackberry and it would have had the strength of Samsung sitting behind it and they could have not only used the Samsung AMOLED screen but also their Exnyos processor which is terrific as well as their memory modules so Samsung would have had nice component sales out of it.

Couple that with the great Blackberry keyboard, the HUB and Blackberry security and it could have been an absolute winner in the marketplace (and likely much lower costs, and retail price, due to Samsung's volume and manufacturing efficiencies). Instead, we ended up with a good product by a totally failing and uncommitted company looking to exit the hardware business.
    10-28-15 01:08 PM
    Only Chenny knows why not .
    10-28-15 01:16 PM
    We all know that it depends on those popular reviewers. If the start the review with an open mind it will score high. If the start the review with that same old thing about blackberry of 2007 and compare the Priv along those lines it will be average.

Reviews aside, every tech guy i spoke this week they wan a Priv badly but also lose the excitement when they remember it has blackberry written on it.

If it had samsung written on the front it would be the best thing the world has ever seen. Its funny because the Priv is made by samsung, rumor has it.

Posted via CB10
    I've noticed this too. Especially with Verge and Cnet.. I won't even go to their sites anymore cause how ridiculous they are there.

*-* BBM Channel : Netflix Newsroom C003BA5E3 | facebook.com/NetflixNewsroom*-*
    10-28-15 01:43 PM
    People seem to forget that BlackBerry didn't make the #PRIV to win over the masses, it was made to win back those that left BlackBerry due to lack of apps. A large portion of those people still think highly of BlackBerry and will be back. Street cred? Those that are worried about what their friends think of their phone are not BlackBerry's target market with the #PRIV.

The Z30 is unbelievable!
    BBRY is going to need these presumptive mouthbreathers that you deride and dismiss so easily if the Priv is going to stand a chance of meeting sales targets because you're deluding yourself if you think that the percentage of prodigal sons returning to the brand aren't likely to be largely mitigated, if not outright eclipsed, by the number of current BB platform users that will be abandoning BBRY altogether because of the move to Android. As for the enterprise users, the monied individuals that the optimistic seem to use as the cornerstone of their from-the-ashes predictions, well, people with money like flashy things, trendy things, sexy things, and whatever else BBRY is, and there's loads that's wonderful no doubt, it's not sexy and never has been. And someone interested in BBRY is going to have done sufficient research to know that the Experience Suite is coming, both to Android and iOS devices. They can keep their sleek, trendy devices and get BBRY's functionality and their security to a great degree (especially with Samsung's KNOX, which Chen agrees is an equally strong MSS).
    JeepBB and Troy Tiscareno like this.
    10-28-15 01:44 PM
    This is exactly why I've been saying that Blackberry should have partnered with Samsung! It could have been a Samsung Priv fueled by Blackberry and it would have had the strength of Samsung sitting behind it and they could have not only used the Samsung AMOLED screen but also their Exnyos processor which is terrific as well as their memory modules so Samsung would have had nice component sales out of it.

Couple that with the great Blackberry keyboard, the HUB and Blackberry security and it could have been an absolute winner in the marketplace (and likely much lower costs, and retail price, due to Samsung's volume and manufacturing efficiencies). Instead, we ended up with a good product by a totally failing and uncommitted company looking to exit the hardware business.
    But what if that's not what Samsung wants/wanted?
    10-28-15 01:52 PM
    But, as i said early, its a blackberry, the name that is dead long gone and i dont want people to see me with a blackberry. Oh god...
    Sad but true. BB has a bad image, and the truth is, people care too much about those things. That is a huge problem for BB. Problem # two, in my eyes, is that BB is now in the 90MPH race that is Android. Fast cycles and fierce competition. But BB is not a nimble company. I'm afraid they will be too slow-moving in this market.
    Truth is, while I am a long time BB fan, I care less now then I did when I was rooting for BB10. Now they are just an Android vendor with a couple of (expensive) "tricks" thrown in. Loss of BB the Android phone maker will bother me a lot less than loss of BB the Handset/BB10 maker. While the Priv (and whatever other Android phone they may come out with) might be nice, it's not a big differentiator like they had before.

So BB is transitioning to Android. If they fail and exit handsets, keyboard lovers may be saddened, but I doubt many others will care. There are lots of other Androids to choose from.

And sorry, but the whole PRIVacy thing strikes me as a gimmick. I guess we will see soon enough.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 01:53 PM
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 01:54 PM
    Sliders have existed. just because it is vertical doesnt make it innovative.

The blackberry experience suite also isnt really innovative to the device since it will appear on others. and by that logic we could be claiming Touchwiz devices as innovative.

The Priv will be different to the majority of Android devices, but will certainly not be innovative

Different and innovative are not the same thing

Thats not being negative, it's attempting to quell the device being overhyped beyond expectations.
    The Priv can be a good device without being innovative and it needs to be.
    Not sure why people would try and claim it's something it's not as that only harms the device's reputation
    Innovation is done with the use of EXISTING tech into a new and effective product. say 1st: sliders are done already? Sure do! Somehow the mechanism is different from the past and it is also thinner! 2nd: keyboard? Of course that's old tech! But touch capacitative!? Done with the passport and integrated into the priv with a wow sliding tech! 3rd: dual edge screen? Yeah yeah done with the s6 edge.. but with the help of software that furthermore enhances the productivity use thats something!! NOW that's combining 3 most innovative ideas that came out recently and making it into a single phone. A slider from a company that innovates.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 02:16 PM
    I'm just upset because no one has ever looked funny at me because i have a BlackBerry!
    10-28-15 04:42 PM
    Yes, thats right! After all the overpricing and negative comments on the web, i believe that on nov 6 when the reviews come out everyone will say that it is a very good phone, the best innovation in years, top build quality, top experience BUT it is a BlackBerry, that name doesnt have street cred, everyone will look funny at you because you carry a blackberry and so on...

The problem never was about the handsets and hardware or OS.

It is about street cred.

And in the end people will fall in reality and admit that the Priv is a better overall experience, better than samsung flagships but they will not buy it because of the brand.

Posted via CB10
    Pretty much sums it up. BB is not cool. They could launch the iPhone with BB branding and it would tank
    10-28-15 04:56 PM
    The one and only company that makes INNOVATIVE devices is Apple which releases iPhones after iPhones on a yearly basis and every year you see INNOVATION, NEW, GROUND BREAKING, LEADING/CUTTING EDGE, and soon to be announced Alien Tech!!!

Apple should get a copyright on the word innovative and innovation. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    Yup. They sold 45 million iPhones last quarter. Def doing something right
    10-28-15 04:59 PM
    I'm just upset because no one has ever looked funny at me because i have a BlackBerry!
    It's prolly cause they don't even know it's a blackberry as they are expecting all bb to look like the curve
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    10-28-15 05:00 PM
    idk if I agree with the op

most people I've talked to loved BB keyboards but just want apps. if reviews come out and say this is a good phone and the keyboard is great, then people will buy it. But it says its mediocre or doesn't perform well then people won't since the keyboard won't attract everyone
    10-28-15 05:00 PM
    The problem was the app gap but by now BlackBerry has been associated with the app gap for so long that a lot of people hear or see the name BlackBerry and aren't interested in knowing anything more.

Posted from the CB10 app on my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.2.2789 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.6.28
    10-28-15 05:12 PM
    When i had my 9900 my friends would go WOW because it was a phone that stand out. It was beautiful and still is.

And then they asked me what about apps?

I always say:

Apps are the way for someone getting easy money from you, getting metadata to sell to other companies and to have permission to see anything they want on your phone (contacts, pics, mails, you name it).

You dont need an app to check sports results, you can check from your browser!

People dont get it with the app fever.

Even with my q10 people go crazy when they see it running android apps and they sure become interested with the blackberry, but then, its not flashy or trendy enough for them to show it in public.

Its a shame that the world has become this way.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 05:19 PM
    Oh and nobody mentioned this but blackberry nailed it on the name: the Priv.

I can Now imagine every badass rapper on youtube saying:

"Let me check my Priv."
    "Snoop Dog is calling me on the Priv."
    "Let me get my Priv to post this **** to twitter."

From this perspective its a badass name! Oh and The Priv rhimes with Crib so they can put the name of their phones into music lyrics.

LOL

Posted via CB10
    Publisher1963 likes this.
    10-28-15 05:25 PM
    I think if the Priv brings something new and valuable to the android experience then it will be well worth $699 . I believe the Priv will sell because it offers security and a physical keyboard something which are rarely seen in android today.
    10-28-15 05:30 PM
    I was passing by other topic and remembered that hardly no one spoke about the Kevlar back.

Oh man, a phone that has a Kevlar back? Im sold!

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 05:35 PM
90 1234