There is NOTHING about the current marketing of this device that will bring people to this device. I believe that the OP is right, because Blackberry is doing NOTHING to change that perception.
    10-29-15 11:14 AM
    I think if the Priv brings something new and valuable to the android experience then it will be well worth $699 . I believe the Priv will sell because it offers security and a physical keyboard something which are rarely seen in android today.
    Android security, which is a humorous concept in and of itself, is offered to varying degrees already, most commonly by Samsung's KNOX, which Chen has lauded publicly. As for the physical keyboard, it may well be a better way to do things, but it's seen by the general public as antiquated mobile tech.
    10-29-15 11:17 AM
    How is it not? The burden of proof falls on the naysayer.
    Actually, no. You're using a dishonest debate technique.

The burden of proof is with the claimant. You claim the priv has the best innovation in years.

You can't then ask the realists to prove it doesn't. You make the claim. Support the claim.

No one has combined 2010 Android OS, 2005 slider keyboards, 2000 branding. If that's the secret sauce, say it!
    mister2d likes this.
    10-29-15 03:14 PM
    I seriously think that the 5m mark set by Chen will get destroyed. I foresee 20m+ selling in the first 6 months worldwide. Assuming they produce enough for the correct markets with correct frequencies.
    I haven't run the numbers but I doubt BB could cash flow that. Even if they could, it would be an outrageous bet on a product development team that has failed repeatedly.

You don't just say "Hey Asia. Build 20 million of these, I'll pay you when Verizon pays me.". You pay up front.
    10-29-15 03:18 PM
    I seriously think that the 5m mark set by Chen will get destroyed. I foresee 20m+ selling in the first 6 months worldwide. Assuming they produce enough for the correct markets with correct frequencies.

Posted via Silver Passport.
    This should be a sticky.
    10-29-15 04:13 PM
    Except i'm not
    How is the Priv innovative?
    You are wrong!
    1. BlackBerry Productivity Suite, all the only awesome BlackBerry things that no other Android has.
    2. BlackBerry Balance (partitioned device capabilities)
    3. Oh and what's that? "SLIDER" (PKB)

Posted from my Z30 with Google Play Store
    10-29-15 04:20 PM
    You are wrong!
    1. BlackBerry Productivity Suite, all the only awesome BlackBerry things that no other Android has.
    2. BlackBerry Balance (partitioned device capabilities)
    3. Oh and what's that? "SLIDER" (PKB)

Posted from my Z30 with Google Play Store
    Ok thats a nice list
    But when are you going to tell me the INNOVATIVE stuff?
    10-30-15 03:28 AM
    Yes, thats right! After all the overpricing and negative comments on the web, i believe that on nov 6 when the reviews come out everyone will say that it is a very good phone, the best innovation in years, top build quality, top experience BUT it is a BlackBerry, that name doesnt have street cred, everyone will look funny at you because you carry a blackberry and so on...

The problem never was about the handsets and hardware or OS.

It is about street cred.

And in the end people will fall in reality and admit that the Priv is a better overall experience, better than samsung flagships but they will not buy it because of the brand.

Posted via CB10
    What innovation? sliders have been around for years...
    10-30-15 01:43 PM
    The one and only company that makes INNOVATIVE devices is Apple which releases iPhones after iPhones on a yearly basis and every year you see INNOVATION, NEW, GROUND BREAKING, LEADING/CUTTING EDGE, and soon to be announced Alien Tech!!!

Apple should get a copyright on the word innovative and innovation. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    and how come that every oems including Blackberry keep copying their features everytime they release a new iphone?
    10-30-15 01:50 PM
    Can you list what features Blackberry copied from Apple. I for one can't recall any. Maybe you should post some examples to back your self up, rather than talking BS. Oh yes of course your not going to, and we all know why!
    10-30-15 09:52 PM
    and how come that every oems including Blackberry keep copying their features everytime they release a new iphone?
    Because Steve Jobs was a modern day revisionist.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 09:55 PM
    You don't have to use the physical keyboard, that is the great thing about it, you have a choice. If you do use it, you get a way bigger screen. Let's wait and see.
    10-31-15 01:45 AM
    Yup. They sold 45 million iPhones last quarter. Def doing something right
    They are giving them away. My sister got an iphone5 for nothing with contract. Don't forget the salespeople at the vendors.... people tell them what they want and if they can't get the iPhone, they sell them a Samsung. That's it! That's why the sales so high. Having an iphone is trendy! Thankfully, I don't like trendy!

Jaglenn's Passport
    11-04-15 10:35 AM
    They are giving them away. My sister got an iphone5 for nothing with contract. Don't forget the salespeople at the vendors.... people tell them what they want and if they can't get the iPhone, they sell them a Samsung. That's it! That's why the sales so high. Having an iphone is trendy! Thankfully, I don't like trendy!

Jaglenn's Passport
    Yup. These sales rep almost always recommend the iPhone
    11-04-15 10:36 AM
    Most people don't know anything about cell phones. They buy what is the next flavour.

Jaglenn's Passport
    11-04-15 10:37 AM
90 ... 234