Yup. They sold 45 million iPhones last quarter. Def doing something right
    And, another 75-80 million estimated for this quarter at an average selling price of nearly 3x what Blackberry's is ($687 vs. $240 for BB). Apple will sell in a few days what Blackberry's goal is for the entire year. They will sell nearly 250 million iPhones over the next year.

I've been using Blackberry's since 1999 but you don't have to be an Apple Fanboy to appreciate and admire just what an amazing phone business those guys in Cupertino have built. My hope was that BB could learn a thing or two from Apple but I'm starting to lose faith after the sad "rollout" of the Priv.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-28-15 06:27 PM
    I think that some of the posts here are right and wrong at the same time. The reviews matter. True. But only to a point. Most people make decisions based on advertisements that they see and not on true innovation. Since there are still so far no widespread adverts for the PRIV, just like there was nothing significant for the Passport and other BB10 phones, this phone will suffer the same fate as the others, obscurity.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 06:35 PM
    I seriously think that the 5m mark set by Chen will get destroyed. I foresee 20m+ selling in the first 6 months worldwide. Assuming they produce enough for the correct markets with correct frequencies.

Posted via Silver Passport.
    You should buy shares then. Still I think 4 million a year may be possible.

They badly need an all touch version selling for about 499 US.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 06:41 PM
    Pretty much sums it up. BB is not cool. They could launch the iPhone with BB branding and it would tank
    Vice versa, if the Priv was launched as an iPhone, it would break sales records.
    Jimmy Kimmel took a 1rst generation iPhone and told people on the street it was the new iPhone 6S. People raved about it. Lol

Here is the video -

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 06:47 PM
    Vice versa, if the Priv was launched as an iPhone, it would break sales records.
    Jimmy Kimmel took a 1rst generation iPhone and told people on the street it was the new iPhone 6S. People raved about it. Lol

Here is the video -
    How many people do you think they talked to in order to find those six attention whores? Probably at least 50.

That's the problem with "We talk to random idiots on the street"-type segments. Video is so easily manipulated.
    10-28-15 07:04 PM
    Innovation is done with the use of EXISTING tech into a new and effective product. say 1st: sliders are done already? Sure do! Somehow the mechanism is different from the past and it is also thinner! 2nd: keyboard? Of course that's old tech! But touch capacitative!? Done with the passport and integrated into the priv with a wow sliding tech! 3rd: dual edge screen? Yeah yeah done with the s6 edge.. but with the help of software that furthermore enhances the productivity use thats something!! NOW that's combining 3 most innovative ideas that came out recently and making it into a single phone. A slider from a company that innovates.

Posted via CB10
    haha ok rewrite the dictionary why dont you

Look the Priv is a good handset, dont set it up to fail by overhyping it
    10-28-15 07:13 PM
    haha ok rewrite the dictionary why dont you

Look the Priv is a good handset, dont set it up to fail by overhyping it
    if I do, I'll send you a copy. Hahaha!!!!

Posted via CB10
    darkehawke likes this.
    10-28-15 07:36 PM
    How many people do you think they talked to in order to find those six attention whores? Probably at least 50.

That's the problem with "We talk to random idiots on the street"-type segments. Video is so easily manipulated.
    Lighten up. It's pretty funny.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 07:44 PM
    The most positive side I see for Priv is that it will have much better resell value than any other BlackBerry till date. And it's because it is a Android phone. The average Joe of any country is very much familiar with Android than any smart phone operating systems available.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 08:04 PM
    When i had my 9900 my friends would go WOW because it was a phone that stand out. It was beautiful and still is.

And then they asked me what about apps?

I always say:

Apps are the way for someone getting easy money from you, getting metadata to sell to other companies and to have permission to see anything they want on your phone (contacts, pics, mails, you name it).

You dont need an app to check sports results, you can check from your browser!

People dont get it with the app fever.

Even with my q10 people go crazy when they see it running android apps and they sure become interested with the blackberry, but then, its not flashy or trendy enough for them to show it in public.

Its a shame that the world has become this way.

Posted via CB10
    No, apps are actually the manifestation of companies that are going above and beyond to cater to mobile customers.

You didn't need to post your post with a browser (an app, BTW), but you did use an app. Ironic, no?

BlackBerry devices running Android devices failed to catch on because relative to other platforms, the experience sucks.
    10-28-15 08:09 PM
    No, apps are actually the manifestation of companies that are going above and beyond to cater to mobile customers.

You didn't need to post your post with a browser (an app, BTW), but you did use an app. Ironic, no?

BlackBerry devices running Android devices failed to catch on because relative to other platforms, the experience sucks.
    I assume you are referring to the runtime. Yes , having to use a Google Play work around is not very good. Still my Z10 using Google Play has never been so useful.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 08:30 PM
    It's prolly cause they don't even know it's a blackberry as they are expecting all bb to look like the curve
    Actually, it's because it's been my experience that mature people don't consider it important enough to give a thought as to who uses what kind of mobile device.
    10-28-15 09:13 PM
    Actually, it's because it's been my experience that mature people don't consider it important enough to give a thought as to who uses what kind of mobile device.
    Unfortunately even the mature choose "teams"
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    10-28-15 09:16 PM
    Unfortunately even the mature choose "teams"
    It probably has something to do with where you live.
    I just live in a small Community Around a bunch of musicians.
    (in the Santa Cruz, CA Redwood Mountains)
    10-28-15 09:42 PM
    Would anyone know if the Priv has the same style picture password lock as the Z30 or any other BB10 does?

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 10:09 PM
    People seem to forget that BlackBerry didn't make the #PRIV to win over the masses, it was made to win back those that left BlackBerry due to lack of apps. A large portion of those people still think highly of BlackBerry and will be back. Street cred? Those that are worried about what their friends think of their phone are not BlackBerry's target market with the #PRIV.

The Z30 is unbelievable!
    Hmm. I am uncertain as to the the focus on Apps. Please do not misunderstand me, while I do agree Apps are important, the one thing iPhone , and indeed Apple in general, has shown is the need in the tech world for the "user experience". Apple has shown the importance of form, of integration between laptop, phone, tablet and everything in-between. It may be that BB was driven too much by engineers. And while that is important, 99% of people know nothing of side loading, security wipes, etc. And moreover, have no interest in performing such tasks, and definitely not seen as fun, neat or a learning experience.

I think with BB, the apps are perceived to be a critical issue, but it also how BB interfaces with the end users. For example, for the most part, BB fobs off customer service to the carriers. BBLinks is painful at best. BBWorld is tiresome. My mother can buy and understand an iPhone in 60 minutes. If she has an issue, there are dedicated support staff. In HK, my team tells me that if they have an issue with their Android, they go direct to LG, Samsung, etc.

In summary, it is much much more than apps. It is the ENTIRE customer experience from the moment of AWARENESS, through INTEREST, DESIRE and finally SATISFACTION.
    Elephant_Canyon and DINGSTER1 like this.
    10-28-15 10:16 PM
    Best. Post. Ever.
    mister2d likes this.
    10-28-15 11:44 PM
    I think that the Priv just may pull BB out of the fire. I ordered mine and can't wait to show it off to my isheep friends.
    10-28-15 11:58 PM
    Just ordered mine and can't wait.
    10-29-15 12:03 AM
    My biggest issue with thinking it will be a big hit is price and perception. I think you will gain quite a few people that want the keyboard back, and maybe that will be enough. But most people I talk to left when owning a Blackberry was great, but you had to deal with constant battery pulls, forever to load the OS after those, and crashes. Now this is mostly due to the age of the tech and shows how far we have come, but that is a hard perception to overcome.
    10-29-15 12:30 AM

And sorry, but the whole PRIVacy thing strikes me as a gimmick. I guess we will see soon enough.

Posted via CB10
    It appears to be a gimmick to me as well. Those advertisement pics give a false sense of security.

1) There's still someone reading your text messages.
    2) Collecting your phone calls.
    3) Harvesting your usage data.
    4) No app permissions (like BB10 or Android Marshmallow)
    5) What else I miss??

Looks like the Priv is really good at denying 3rd party firmware. But couldn't that have been done with SecureBoot?
    10-29-15 12:39 AM
    Would anyone know if the Priv has the same style picture password lock as the Z30 or any other BB10 does?

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully
    Still one of the best unlock systems

Unfortunately they may leave it out if they are hoping to utilise Android Pay
    But i cant see that happening tbh
    10-29-15 04:25 AM
    Do we know? Or do we just think we know, based on knowing what we know about BlackBerry's past attempts? Which we know, all happened under different management, so maybe we don't know what we think we know?

Until we really know what they have planned, it possible we don't know as much as we think we know.

Once it launches, once the review hit, once carrier support is seen, once marketing is started.... then we will all really know.

But I do know that up till now.... things could have been done a little differently.
    10-29-15 07:46 AM
    Lighten up. It's pretty funny.
    Arguable.
    10-29-15 07:48 AM
    i don't know if you are right about that comment (would be great though) but for sure you are optimistic and for that reason alone you deserve a star...

I seriously think that the 5m mark set by Chen will get destroyed. I foresee 20m+ selling in the first 6 months worldwide. Assuming they produce enough for the correct markets with correct frequencies.

Posted via Silver Passport.
    10-29-15 10:04 AM
90 1234