Yes, thats right! After all the overpricing and negative comments on the web, i believe that on nov 6 when the reviews come out everyone will say that it is a very good phone, the best innovation in years, top build quality, top experience BUT it is a BlackBerry, that name doesnt have street cred, everyone will look funny at you because you carry a blackberry and so on...

The problem never was about the handsets and hardware or OS.

It is about street cred.

And in the end people will fall in reality and admit that the Priv is a better overall experience, better than samsung flagships but they will not buy it because of the brand.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 03:57 AM
    You are damn right, but the main problem is that the bad perecption is nothing new and still Mr. Chen does not care about it. He may be a software guy, but he has no clue of how to communicate with the markets.
    10-28-15 04:01 AM
    Not sure you're right.

The Passport that was the best phone ever (IMO), miss the average market due to size and app.
    With the Priv, the opportunity is bigger to find new customers because this is Android and, even if people think that Blackberry is already dead, the quality and reputation is always good. So, if Priv is good, People will buy it more that Passpor.
    ptpete and mister2d like this.
    10-28-15 04:02 AM
    I still think the Priv will do better that most people here expect. Think outside your domestic markets for a minute. The Priv will be THE phone to have for a lot of Asian business executives... in Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and in many other parts of the continent. BlackBerry may not be able to overtake the other OEMs, but it'll definitely be enjoying better sales for sure, contributing to the 5m mark set by John Chen.
    10-28-15 04:14 AM
    Yes, thats right! After all the overpricing and negative comments on the web, i believe that on nov 6 when the reviews come out everyone will say that it is a very good phone, the best innovation in years, top build quality, top experience BUT it is a BlackBerry[snip]
    I highly doubt any review will state that about the Priv. I don't see any actual innovation with the Priv. BlackBerry revived the classic vertical slider formfactor, combined it with Android and slapped pretty decent hardware in it. But I can't really see any real innovation here. Capacitive keyboard? Done with the Passport. The Edge screen and functionality? Done with the Note Edge and S6 Edge. Good camera with decent lens (at least on paper)? Done by dozens of handsets. Odd, "innovative" screenratio like the Passport? Not with the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    dusanvn, mister2d and theboogeyman like this.
    10-28-15 04:14 AM
    I highly doubt any review will state that about the Priv. I don't see any actual innovation with the Priv. BlackBerry revived the classic vertical slider formfactor, combined it with Android and slapped pretty decent hardware in it. But I can't really see any real innovation here. Capacitive keyboard? Done with the Passport. The Edge screen and functionality? Done with the Note Edge and S6 Edge. Good camera with decent lens (at least on paper)? Done by dozens of handsets. Odd, "innovative" screenratio like the Passport? Not with the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    The innovation referrs to the Andorid world where you get the same form factor with the same software from all vendors. The only difference are the specs. Regarding BBOS 10 you are right, nothing new here besides the slider, but for 99% of the smartphone users a lot of features of the PRIV are totally new so in my opinion it is fair to speak of the "best innovation in years (in the Android world)".
    Bbnivende likes this.
    10-28-15 04:48 AM
    The innovation referrs to the Andorid world where you get the same form factor with the same software from all vendors. The only difference are the specs. Regarding BBOS 10 you are right, nothing new here besides the slider, but for 99% of the smartphone users a lot of features of the PRIV are totally new so in my opinion it is fair to speak of the "best innovation in years (in the Android world)".
    There's nothing innovative about the Priv in the Android world either
    Elephant_Canyon and mister2d like this.
    10-28-15 04:59 AM
    miss
    10-28-15 05:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    You are right and wrong. You have forgotten all about the SW from BlackBerry. Before 2012 I didn't use BlackBerry at all. I knew about it if course but today I wonder how you can survive without the Hub. I use an Xperia as my sadly driver, but I'm using my BlackBerry 10 for all the writing and messaging error for SMS. So again there is much more to a Priv

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 05:16 AM
    There's nothing innovative about the Priv in the Android world either
    You are dead wrong

Posted via CB10
    weezul likes this.
    10-28-15 05:17 AM
    You are dead wrong

Posted via CB10
    Except i'm not
    How is the Priv innovative?
    10-28-15 05:25 AM
    People seem to forget that BlackBerry didn't make the #PRIV to win over the masses, it was made to win back those that left BlackBerry due to lack of apps. A large portion of those people still think highly of BlackBerry and will be back. Street cred? Those that are worried about what their friends think of their phone are not BlackBerry's target market with the #PRIV.

The Z30 is unbelievable!
    Laura Knotek and nokia4life like this.
    10-28-15 05:46 AM
    Except i'm not
    Then what is your sole purpose here?

Posted via CB10
    aspurrell likes this.
    10-28-15 05:51 AM
    Sounds like he's spurring discussion.
    mister2d likes this.
    10-28-15 06:05 AM
    The one and only company that makes INNOVATIVE devices is Apple which releases iPhones after iPhones on a yearly basis and every year you see INNOVATION, NEW, GROUND BREAKING, LEADING/CUTTING EDGE, and soon to be announced Alien Tech!!!

Apple should get a copyright on the word innovative and innovation. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    10-28-15 06:19 AM
    Except i'm not
    What other Android phone is there like the Priv?
    I don't know, I don't really pay attention to all the Android offerings. Are there other vertical sliders? Certainly not with capacitive keyboard? It does seem to stand out as different from the rest, as far as I know, and for better or worse.

It also brings the BB "Experience Suite" - not yet seen anywhere on Android (and not even seen fully on Priv yet...lol)

Posted via CB10
    aspurrell and CSI Guy like this.
    10-28-15 06:28 AM
    Except i'm not
    How is it not? The burden of proof falls on the naysayer.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 06:28 AM
    We all know that it depends on those popular reviewers. If the start the review with an open mind it will score high. If the start the review with that same old thing about blackberry of 2007 and compare the Priv along those lines it will be average.

Reviews aside, every tech guy i spoke this week they wan a Priv badly but also lose the excitement when they remember it has blackberry written on it.

If it had samsung written on the front it would be the best thing the world has ever seen. Its funny because the Priv is made by samsung, rumor has it.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 06:54 AM
    Actually with all the negative posts in this forum it's just fuels the problem with blackberry's name.

Personally I'm optimistic about the Priv and blackberry's future.

I will do my own personal review of the Priv and not speculate until it's in my hands.

"I roll with 2 passports, 1 for travelling and 1 for communicating"
    10-28-15 07:00 AM
    Done

PIN 2COF829A
    10-28-15 07:00 AM
    I'm getting a Priv regardless of all the negative talk on here.

Posted via CB10
    bakron1, ptpete and CSI Guy like this.
    10-28-15 07:08 AM

Posted via CB10
    What are you talking about?
    10-28-15 07:08 AM
    The one and only company that makes INNOVATIVE devices is Apple which releases iPhones after iPhones on a yearly basis and every year you see INNOVATION, NEW, GROUND BREAKING, LEADING/CUTTING EDGE, and soon to be announced Alien Tech!!!

Apple should get a copyright on the word innovative and innovation. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    I disagree with that.
    Apple hasnt really innovated since the first iPhone, even then their last major innovation would be the iPod touch in my eyes

Lol read it again.
    How i missed that sarcasm is beyond me
    10-28-15 07:10 AM
    How is it not? The burden of proof falls on the naysayer.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, that's not how innovation works.

Sliders have existed on Android before you know
    10-28-15 07:10 AM
    What other Android phone is there like the Priv?
    I don't know, I don't really pay attention to all the Android offerings. Are there other vertical sliders? Certainly not with capacitive keyboard? It does seem to stand out as different from the rest, as far as I know, and for better or worse.

It also brings the BB "Experience Suite" - not yet seen anywhere on Android (and not even seen fully on Priv yet...lol)

Posted via CB10
    Sliders have existed. just because it is vertical doesnt make it innovative.

The blackberry experience suite also isnt really innovative to the device since it will appear on others. and by that logic we could be claiming Touchwiz devices as innovative.

The Priv will be different to the majority of Android devices, but will certainly not be innovative

Different and innovative are not the same thing

Thats not being negative, it's attempting to quell the device being overhyped beyond expectations.
    The Priv can be a good device without being innovative and it needs to be.
    Not sure why people would try and claim it's something it's not as that only harms the device's reputation
    10-28-15 07:15 AM
90 123 ...