Hello Community,
    I want to hear your opinion about this one. My Waze us always running in the Background like this and can't be force stopped.

Here are the Screen shoots.

 B L A C K B E R R Y [ P R I V ]  | CB APP | A N D R O I D
    Attached Thumbnails Waze running in Background?-53088.jpg  
    07-19-16 04:31 AM
    you can stop it from running temporarily if you install an app like Greenify or some other app that closes all background apps. otherwise it just runs constantly with 20-30 other apps.....
    07-19-16 06:21 AM
    OP, when you want to quit the application, you must back out until you are prompted to shut down Waze.
    07-19-16 07:44 AM
    I usually get a notification icon in the top bar when Waze is running in the background. Swiping down on that brings up a banner with the option to stop Waze.
    07-19-16 07:50 AM
    Sorry I wanted to upload all this Screen Shots so you guys can see all of my Battery usage.

My Screen is on for almost the same time but I haven't opened the App Waze since I started my Phone. And it almost consume as much as the Screen.

I know there are some Apps that can Kill the Apps and stop them from Running in the Background but are they really save? They won't destroy something on the system or on the Apps?

And this Apps who are Killing the Apps in the Background are the one also who will use a lot Battery Life right?

I wanted to Close the Apps to save B

attery. That was my reasons why I was considering maybe an app for Closing the Apps which runs in the Background.

What Apps can you Guys Sturgessed?

07-19-16 09:02 AM
    Battery Usage for all apps

Attached Thumbnails Waze running in Background?-53087.jpg  
    07-19-16 09:04 AM
    Battery for my Screen on Time (SOT)

07-19-16 09:04 AM
    Sorry this is the Screen on Time (Sot)

Attached Thumbnails Waze running in Background?-53089.jpg  
    07-19-16 09:06 AM
    Waze doesn't even show up if I don't run it.
    07-19-16 09:10 AM
    If the "force stop" option is grayed out it is NOT running.

I know it's confusing, but that's how Android works. If the app is running then the option is visible. Waze will ask you when you back out if you wish to shut it down. If you hit "home" it remains running in the background, BUT after about 5 minutes of no movement it will shut itself down (otherwise it would decimate your battery not because of itself, but because it has the GPS powered up and the GPS chipset is a huge battery suck.)

Waze *does* have a notification stub that it leaves running; that's how you get notifications of "thanks" and such from other users, but it is not running unless a notification is received. If you want to *completely* prohibit Waze from executing in the background when not on WiFi (the closest you can get on Android) go to Settings->Apps->Select Waze->Data Usage and turn on "restrict data usage." This will block it from using any sort of data when on cellular and *not* in the foreground, and thus effectively stop it from running. Be aware that doing this means that if the app does not have focus it will not be able to communicate at all, including rerouting and such.
    07-19-16 09:43 AM
    I use TaskManager by Bytehamster to kill processes. There are two modes. Open it and Tap an app in the list and you can "kill" and app by just tapping OK. Or you can Press/Hold on an app, hit Settings in the next menu, then hit "Force Stop" and OK that. The second method "force stop" can be more effective at really stopping something (but stubborn apps might still come back later). It does warn that an app might "misbehave" but I've not run into problems - except if you kill an app which might be writing/editing a note for instance, you might lose that edit.
    07-19-16 09:44 AM
    Guys after I installed the App Shut App. It help me to close even the Apps that are running in the Background but. I also have the felling that my Battery goes faster down.

Is it possible that the Apps that can close Apps from Running in the Background use also a bit more Battery?

If yes I better go without it. Because it is using more Battery Life then is save as before.

07-20-16 03:40 AM
    Guys after I installed the App Shut App. It help me to close even the Apps that are running in the Background but. I also have the felling that my Battery goes faster down.

Is it possible that the Apps that can close Apps from Running in the Background use also a bit more Battery?

If yes I better go without it. Because it is using more Battery Life then is save as before.

That has been suggested by various folks. Many suggest letting Android manage opening and closing apps and not to interfere.

As I said above, I do Force Close using Task Manager but many say that I should not do that. I have managed to force stop waze using it and it has not reopened.

As I just wrote in a bbm chat, I prefer controlling when apps are open and closed. Too many apps are calling home or google or ads or even ET.
    Last edited by F2; 07-20-16 at 08:12 AM.
    07-20-16 08:00 AM
    I'm close all Apps now Manual in the Settings - Battery - Apps

And it's working better then with any other App. Haha

But thank you very much Guys for your suggestions.

07-20-16 10:16 AM