I've been out of contract with Verizon for about 9 months now on my Q10, and am probably going to bite the bullet & get a Priv & learn to use Android. Right now I have three Outlook.com accounts that I use for email, calendars, tasks, etc. I've also got a work email (gmail proxy) on the Q10, but don't have my Gmail contacts on the phone because I don't want them merged.

I have absolutely zero experience with Android OS - I've used BB since the 9630, and before that I had a Palm phone. My concern is If I start using the Priv (or any Android phone) with the gmail account as well as my Outlook.com accounts, will I still be able to keep my Outlook and Gmail contacts separate? I'm assuming that since the Priv is Android, when I add the gmail account all the work contacts will be brought over, and will merge with my outlook.com contacts.
    03-04-16 10:47 AM
    It will only merge the contacts if you ask it too. You can have multiple accounts on the priv no problem and choose which to display in your contacts app if you don't want to see all of them. You can also choose just to sync specific accounts contacts to your phone if you prefer.
    03-04-16 11:22 AM
    No issue with mine. Did have this issue with BB10 but not with Android.

Posted securely from my Priv
    03-04-16 12:32 PM
    Transfer your contacts using NFC.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-04-16 03:53 PM
    Transfer your contacts using NFC.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Absolutely correct! Let your 365 account update you contacts and make sure you don't add them first during the transfer. Search the forum for instructions, follow them and you'll be fine. Also, if you've got a ton of texts it can be an issue.

Enjoying the Priv
    03-04-16 07:01 PM