Jon Chen was comparing a BB10 device to the IPhone. My BlackBerry Passport can outlast an IPhone 6plus with ease.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    This. + 1

Posted Via BlackBerry Noble OS 10.3.3
    07-04-16 03:24 PM
    I've noticed that since the MM update, I've been getting amazing battery life. With lollipop I would have to top up in the middle of the day, which was frustrating and always had me running back to BB10.

But what I found interesting is that the 6Plus has a substantially smaller battery, but lasts only a couple of hours less than the Priv which has a monster battery inside of it.

Priv running 6.0.1 on TMO
    07-04-16 04:22 PM
    I've noticed that since the MM update, I've been getting amazing battery life. With lollipop I would have to top up in the middle of the day, which was frustrating and always had me running back to BB10.

But what I found interesting is that the 6Plus has a substantially smaller battery, but lasts only a couple of hours less than the Priv which has a monster battery inside of it.

Priv running 6.0.1 on TMO
    Should be dealing with the way iOS handles their "multitasking". That's what makes iPhone+ has better power management but think about this: if apple really makes iOS to work exactly like how the others work then yeah... the result will be the same...

I'm using the passport along with the PRIV and I can safely say, even though people keep bashing the passport as a weird phone, it's monstrous. The battery will keep you going... going.. and going for more!!!!

07-04-16 06:35 PM
    Should be dealing with the way iOS handles their "multitasking". That's what makes iPhone+ has better power management but think about this: if apple really makes iOS to work exactly like how the others work then yeah... the result will be the same...

I'm using the passport along with the PRIV and I can safely say, even though people keep bashing the passport as a weird phone, it's monstrous. The battery will keep you going... going.. and going for more!!!!

The Passport is a tank. I loved the battery life on it. I really never worried about the PP or the Classic when they were the daily driver. Something about the BB10 OS screamed power management for me personally.
    07-05-16 11:13 AM
    I have to agree, the Priv 's battery is not great whatsoever. Now I've recently moved to the US and have unfortunately went from Rogers to AT&T; so I'm still waiting for AT&T to get off their arse and release the MM update.

It feels like the z10 days went the battery really really sucked.

I'm not too sure that MM will completely fix this issue, but for a 3400+ mAh battery... this is unacceptable.

And before anyone asks, I've done the autoloader and factory reset and it made hardly a difference to battery performance. We have 4 Priv ' s in the family on AT&T and they all more or less behave the same regarding the battery.

Here's to hoping that MM will truly make a big difference or somebody figures out what it is exactly that's causing the battery overheating and drain. I'm really missing the performance of my Passport and z30 right now.

BTW, besides this battery issue, I do love the PRIV!

07-05-16 01:05 PM
    Also I forgot to add (which is really relevant to this post) that I now have a work issued iPhone 6s.

Other than I hate it for all the reasons behind iOS ie. walled garden, less hardware features, terrible email client l, no hub, etc.

it does have better battery life. Grant it I don't have all my emails on it syncing, Instagram, Twitter, etc. interfaces, but I still need to get through a full day with moderate to heavy use on my Priv.

07-05-16 01:34 PM
    Yeah my Priv battery is awesome

07-05-16 06:31 PM
    There's definitely something setup incorrectly on the Priv. This is what I'm getting on the daily.

When will some learn or adjust.

This is 2016 we should NOT be tweaking smartphones in this modern day and age to get the best performance vs system resources used by core OS components. We're not dealing with MainFrames, Servers or REAL world computers vs a computing platform. These are still VERY close to imbedded systems with add-ons for the end user.

Modern smartphone OS and technologies should have the end user use the devices for what their intended for NOT for what the intended NEED for a programmer or technician or system architect designing the OS/Hardware is required for!

We went from pre 1986 where the USER was KING of the domain to now the tyranny of the UUUusssser ... the Userrrrr.
    Tron vs Tron Legacy.

Funny this is now the same in desktop computing OS's (Windows, OSX/MacOS Sierra, Ubuntu/Linux etc.) User is no longer THE most important process or component of the computer. / computing platform.
    bluetroll and Soul_Est like this.
    07-05-16 07:37 PM
    My battery life has gotten worse since Beta 1.

With Beta 1 I was able to get around 4:00 to 4:30 hours of SOT.

With Beta 7, I struggle to even get to 3:30 SOT.

It's quite disappointing. Makes me want to leave the Beta program.

For comparisons sake, my wife has a Moto X Play, which I think has the same processor, less ram, but a 1080p screen. We woke up at the same time and she still has 75% battery left!! I'm pretty sure that if I don't even touch my Priv it will be lower than 75%. I've already had to recharge once today.

07-05-16 09:02 PM
    This is 2016 we should NOT be tweaking smartphones in this modern day and age to get the best performance vs system resources used by core OS components.
    This is 2016 with Google Android, the main function of the phone is to report back for data mining purposes. Your usage of it is of little consequence except for gathering data to report back.
    As such, every possible data send receive setting is ON or enabled in the OS and each app by default.

Same is starting to apply with desktop / laptop OS's. Microsoft is really trying to get into the data ming gravy train. I was appalled at how much data Win10 sends back to MS, and by how hidden and hard to access these settings were.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    07-06-16 09:14 AM
    Just because your battery has issues, don't assume everyone else has the same problem.
    I have had two Priv devices so far, both with the same battery life. I have also read about many people's experience with the Priv, and they say the same thing.

07-21-16 10:40 PM
    Nothing is set up incorrectly... I have had the same apps and same profiles since I got the Priv... The Priv's battery was fine on lollipop, not excellent, but ok... Then I had the fortunate happening of being able to participate in Beta Zone's Marshmallow, with Beta #3... My battery life greatly improved and I had made MANY posts expressing how happy I was... And then there was another upgrade, and another and I was now left with this nonsense... The only thing I can try to do different is turn off 'wake screen upon movement' as the battery holds a little better when not in use, but I never had to disable that prior to the recent updates... I blame either the recent BlackBerry apps/services updates and/or the latest Marshmallow's upgrades as I don't use many apps other than those and I was getting semi-decent battery before...

Today Beta Zone pushed Beta 7, upgraded my T-Mobile Priv again, but it was a lightweight upgrade, so my hopes of it fixing what once was good is gone, but we'll see, I guess...

Posted via CB10
    Wanted to revisit this thread as NOW with Beta 8, my Priv's battery (as per 24hours of use) has been fairly decent... Similar to the satisfactory performance it gave me with Beta 3... Hopefully this continues...

07-30-16 02:13 PM
    I decided not to plug my phone in last night because it was still sitting at 60% at bed time. It was at 55% at 8:00 this morning. I had 5 apps, one being Facebook running in the background. This screenshot is as of 10:40 this morning.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv on Rogers Network.
    Attached Thumbnails "Wall Huggers" revisited...-29537.jpg  
    FF22 and yvpan1 like this.
    07-31-16 12:42 PM
    I decided not to plug my phone in last night because it was still sitting at 60% at bed time. It was at 55% at 8:00 this morning. I had 5 apps, one being Facebook running in the background. This screenshot is as of 10:40 this morning.

wow, that's the DOZE for you!
    08-01-16 02:20 AM
    No one has ever hugged a wall.....

08-01-16 02:55 AM
    Again the comparison of Apples vs Oranges.

I think the Priv 's battery life is great for what it's up against.

1. Much higher PPI than IPhone 6S plus
    2. Running 6 cores
    3. Running BlackBerry services over Android's
    4. Running advanced interactions constantly while the iPhone gets to sit idle.
    5. The PKB isn't only for show its sipping power too. Sensors and Backlight.

Even through all that i still get comparable results with my friends iPhone 6s plus.

Android is a very demanding OS which is why most of the major OEMs add large batteries just to make it through the day. if you compare PRIV to its android counterparts especially those that came out the same year. You'd be truly amazed at BlackBerry's efforts.

FF22 likes this.
    08-01-16 10:49 AM
    Battery life is an eternal debate. When will we accept that it's very relative. Some will call 10 hours of usage great and others will say it's dismal.

MM worked miracles for my priv.

FF22 likes this.
    08-01-16 10:57 AM
    I got two full days out of my Priv. I also was using it fairly regularly throughout both days.

Attached Thumbnails "Wall Huggers" revisited...-29538.jpg  
    08-01-16 08:51 PM
68 123