Google Now is a intelligent personal assistant, you can enable it to work everywhere on Android and even when the phone is charging with the screen off. All you do to activate it is to say "OK Google".

Some of the cool features I've discovered: If you then tell it to "navigate to X", it will launch Google Maps and start navigation. You can ask stock prices and it will read stock prices back to you. If you're a sports fan, ask when your team is next playing and it will read out the date and time of the next game (in your timezone) and also the score of your team's most recent game. It can also do calculations for you and find stuff around you.

But there's much more you can do but I haven't tried it yet:
    List of Google Now voice commands

I'm excited for it on the Priv
    10-15-15 06:05 AM
    Ya I've seen it in action on my buddies Android device. It's pretty cool. Beat BlackBerry's stock voice search I can tell you that much!

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    10-15-15 06:11 AM
    That sounds awesome. But wait! Google will know where I like to eat! And my favorite sports team! Oh no! I may get targeted ads for coupons or fan gear! The horror of it all!

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 06:54 AM
    Google knows everything about you, even what time you take a dump!!!

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    10-15-15 07:00 AM
    Google knows everything about you, even what time you take a dump!!!

Considering the average Joe already posts that information to Facebook, I don't even know what's the difference it makes.
    10-15-15 07:04 AM
    Considering the average Joe already posts that information to Facebook, I don't even know what's the difference it makes.
    Too true!! Facebook knows everything too!

10-15-15 07:07 AM
    Google Now is a intelligent personal assistant, you can enable it to work everywhere on Android and even when the phone is charging with the screen off. All you do to activate it is to say "OK Google".

Some of the cool features I've discovered: If you then tell it to "navigate to X", it will launch Google Maps and start navigation. You can ask stock prices and it will read stock prices back to you. If you're a sports fan, ask when your team is next playing and it will read out the date and time of the next game (in your timezone) and also the score of your team's most recent game. It can also do calculations for you and find stuff around you.

But there's much more you can do but I haven't tried it yet:
    List of Google Now voice commands

I'm excited for it on the Priv
    IMHO: Talking to your phone other than to talk to people on the other end is dump. Imagine all the people on a bus, office, room all talking to their phone and then having it read out the response. What a zoo. People, please be considerate to others around you and don't have conversations with your phone. Get the information you need quietly and stop using gimmicks.
    10-15-15 07:18 AM
    No to mention the added awesomeness of Now on Tap when the Priv gets Marshmallow!
    10-15-15 07:23 AM
    What a zoo. People, please be considerate to others around you and don't have conversations with your phone.
    What is even more enjoyable, is waiting on them and trying to figure out if they are speaking to you, or the fool on the other end of their ear bud.

Just don't do it.
    pwee111111 likes this.
    10-15-15 07:31 AM
    IMHO: Talking to your phone other than to talk to people on the other end is dump. Imagine all the people on a bus, office, room all talking to their phone and then having it read out the response. What a zoo. People, please be considerate to others around you and don't have conversations with your phone. Get the information you need quietly and stop using gimmicks.
    Uhh it's great for hands-free interaction when you're on the road driving. If you need to make a phone call, send a text or get directions on Google Maps. I'm not suggesting you use it in a packed bus or when surrounded by many other people.

That sounds awesome. But wait! Google will know where I like to eat! And my favorite sports team! Oh no! I may get targeted ads for coupons or fan gear! The horror of it all!

Posted via CB10
    Just use Ad Away.

[APP][Root][2.1+][UNOFFICIAL] AdAway v3.1 :… | Android Development and Hacking | XDA Forums

You'll never see ads when web browsing or using applications even if they have ads.
    thepolishguy likes this.
    10-15-15 07:43 AM
    Uhh it's great for hands-free interaction when you're on the road driving. If you need to make a phone call, send a text or get directions on Google Maps. I'm not suggesting you use it in a packed bus or when surrounded by many other people.

Just use Ad Away.

[APP][Root][2.1+][UNOFFICIAL] AdAway v3.1 :�€� | Android Development and Hacking | XDA Forums

You'll never see ads when web browsing or using applications even if they have ads.
    Seems like that needs root, and that's a big question mark right now for the Priv.
    Allanon89 likes this.
    10-15-15 07:45 AM
    Google now was fun for a few minutes, then got turned off and disabled. I hope you can remove the annoying google now bar from the top of BB's Android launcher when it comes, or else I'm going back to Nova Launcher.
    ssbtech and Allanon89 like this.
    10-15-15 07:46 AM
    Seems like that needs root, and that's a big question mark right now for the Priv.
    At the very least you can install Firefox (or Firefox Beta) and Adblock Plus or �Block inside Firefox so you won't experience ads on the web. It doesn't require root. I hope there will be root access or access to .hosts file to block ads in apps.
    10-15-15 07:49 AM
    At the very least you can install Firefox (or Firefox Beta) and Adblock Plus or �Block inside Firefox so you won't experience ads on the web. It doesn't require root. I hope there will be root access or access to .hosts file to block ads in apps.
    Ive been using this in combination with AdBlock Plus - https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...S_tMs1nvLt6log
    10-15-15 07:53 AM
    Google now was fun for a few minutes, then got turned off and disabled. I hope you can remove the annoying google now bar from the top of BB's Android launcher when it comes, or else I'm going back to Nova Launcher.
    I'm not a fan of Nova or any launcher where the app drawer flows like a book. I prefer the HTC launcher available for all phones where you scroll up and down down in the app drawer instead of left to right

HTC Sense� Home - Themes | Apps | Sense 7 | … | Android Development and Hacking | XDA Forums.

Unless BlackBerry creates a better launcher, I'll be using HTC.
    10-15-15 08:03 AM
    For once I completely agree with you.

Posted via CB10
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    10-15-15 08:07 AM
    One of the reason I stick with my BlackBerry� is so that I don't get all of those "awesome" things with Google Now.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-15-15 08:19 AM
    Call me oldschool, but I still find myself feeling stupid for talking to a device.

And to be honest, i've NEVER seen anybody talking to Siri, or Cortana, or Google Now other than to show off to their friends.
    10-15-15 08:21 AM
    Call me oldschool, but I still find myself feeling stupid for talking to a device.

And to be honest, i've NEVER seen anybody talking to Siri, or Cortana, or Google Now other than to show off to their friends.
    I agree with you, I prefer a device where I can launch the browser and look for myself over talking to the device. If I'm driving or not able to do the search via my two thumbs then I wait. Rarely is there a search or text reply that can't wait until you are out of the car or can use both hands.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and kbrant64 like this.
    10-15-15 08:27 AM
    Yep, Google Now is pretty awesome, especially now that it's getting integrated with other tools (Jabra is adding this functionality to its ear pieces). As noted, it is a fantastic hands-free tool for navigation, playing music, calling and texting.

It is a great office tool as well. I use it with Tasker to create notes, tasks (Toodledo) and calendar entries. I also use it (in conjunction with specialized add-ons) to control my device (turn on bluetooth, reboot device, read email, Night Mode, Wolfram Alpha, etc). Also, more developers are adding in functionality into their apps, such that one can get info from said apps into the GN stream.

The package and travel helpers are cool.

The one drawback is that it pulls in a lot of personal data. Arguably already known, but one needs to keep that in mind.
    10-15-15 08:41 AM

No need to. I use it heavily, and don't think anyone outside family has seen me use it.

I did see a science class make use of it once. Was pretty interesting as an educational tool with a tablet hooked up to a projector.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    10-15-15 08:49 AM
    I have an android phone. The first thing I did was disable Google now.

Sent from my HUAWEI G7-L03 using Tapatalk
    10-15-15 08:53 AM
    No need to. I use it heavily, and don't think anyone outside family has seen me use it.

I did see a science class make use of it once. Was pretty interesting as an educational tool with a tablet hooked up to a projector.
    I'm sure there is people using it, but I've never seen anybody use it. Maybe it's still socially awkward to use in public?
    10-15-15 08:55 AM
    I'm sure there is people using it, but I've never seen anybody use it. Maybe it's still socially awkward to use in public?
    Public no, but I'm perfectly fine with using it in my car, and if anything, required by law for the most part.
    10-15-15 09:04 AM
    I'm not a fan of Nova or any launcher where the app drawer flows like a book. I prefer the HTC launcher available for all phones where you scroll up and down down in the app drawer instead of left to right

HTC Sense� Home - Themes | Apps | Sense 7 | … | Android Development and Hacking | XDA Forums.

Unless BlackBerry creates a better launcher, I'll be using HTC.
    In Nova settings you can change the scroll to vertical.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 09:05 AM
129 123 ...