View Poll Results: Would you prefer Android or BB10 on Slider?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • "Pure" Android

12 9.60%
  • BB10

86 68.80%
  • Android + BB10 "Skin"

27 21.60%
    This poll should be on the Android Mobile Nations site. BlackBerry needs to attract more potential buyers.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 08:12 AM
    The Samsung Blackjack was my first ever "smartphone". I then got the Epix which was the successor, and then when Samsung stopped offering another successor I went over to the Blackberry Torch 2. I loved it, the phone served me well for 2 years until the hardware became obsolete and the phone just was extremely slow and it physically started falling apart.

I went over to the Note 2 because Blackberry didn't offer anything I wanted (Didn't like the Z or the 10). I lost my Note 2 in March and used the Classic for a few days. Didn't like it, it actually ran really really slow the 3 days I had it. I type fast, and the text would lag as I was typing. I actually didn't have that problem with the Torch 2, so I returned it and went to Note 4.

If BB came out with a slider phone with a huge screen like the Dell Venue Pro, with Android compatibility I'll sell my Note 4 tomorrow and switch over.

I have a very nice Moto360 watch that I love, but it is incompatible with Blackberry.

The Android Keyboard + Swype aren't that great for me. As fast as I type the touchscreen has done better at following my fingers compared to the Note 2, but still far too many errors which is why I will always want a physical keyboard. Physical keyboard is also great for texting while driving, since I never have to look down to check if what I type is correct.

After having a phone the size of the Note 4, I won't ever go back to a smaller screen like what's on the classic. This Venice slider looks to be the best of everything I want (physical keyboard, large HD screen, sleek design, and possibly Android compatibility so my Moto360 can work with it).
    Ah dell venue pro.. That was a sexy device. I ended up trading it for the nexus one since I couldn't adjust to Windows.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    08-16-15 09:28 AM
    Ah dell venue pro.. That was a sexy device. I ended up trading it for the nexus one since I couldn't adjust to Windows.

On the contrary, I was considering getting it because the Samsung Blackjack and Epix were Windows which is all I had known, but it wasn't offered by ATT with a contract, had to buy from Dell's website at wholesale IIRC.
    08-16-15 10:01 AM
    I prefer anything with BB10

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 10:31 AM
    BB10 or there is no point

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 10:36 AM
    On the contrary, I was considering getting it because the Samsung Blackjack and Epix were Windows which is all I had known, but it wasn't offered by ATT with a contract, had to buy from Dell's website at wholesale IIRC.
    It was a really well built phone, I had to order it directly from Dell. I was a bit bummed since they also release the Dell Venue which was the Dell Venue Pro minus the keyboard and it was running Android. What made that phone was the keyboard.

08-16-15 12:13 PM
    I want bb10its a great os

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 02:48 PM
    Best to have two versions.
    an android one to target those android users,
    and a BB10 one for us (existing BB users)
    08-18-15 03:21 AM
    BB10!

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 03:43 AM
    Android, I'm bored of BB10

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 04:13 AM
    tl;dr bb10+GPS seems impossible so android is next best bet. Resorting to workarounds to get apps on BB10 OS is not being productive!

Many said they would avoid Android like plague, yet many flock to the workarounds to get Google apps. How secure are those?
    Many wished that there's in built Google play services but we all know the limitations of OHA and the like.

To me, it would still be a BlackBerry because of what it stands for: productivity. And that is NOT spending hours on crackberry to try to find workarounds to get apps others can get effortlessly.
    Some may laugh at Instagram but who's to say one can't run an e-commerce through that and other social platforms?
    I can't even get my banking apps without workaround -how is that productive?

I've seen many saying "oh if its Android, I'm gonna flock to Samsung, or the oneplus 2" but for what reason? Just sound pretty spiteful to me, and not like the other devices are really better alternatives. We don't know that yet until Venice is out.
    Best case: a wonderful productivity device, fasntastic physical and virtual keyboard, with better security than regular Android. Worse case: still productive but with the same seucrity flaws as the rest of the androids in the market.
    How is that worse than Samsung and the others? Don't condemn Venice before its even out when it cant even prove itself - make us more different from isheeps or whatever we call people who are fans of other platforms.
    DJM626 and sandra_17 like this.
    08-18-15 11:34 AM
    Bb10

Innovative Beast of 
    08-19-15 08:18 PM
    I really hate Google. I may be a bit paranoid but I feel like every time I use Google I am being spied on and all my information is being logged on their servers for a highest bidder.

Posted via Silver Passport.
    lift likes this.
    08-19-15 11:25 PM
    You are not paranoid, they are and it is.
    lift likes this.
    08-19-15 11:36 PM
    It has to have BB10 in order for me to consider this phone. I use BlackBerry for security and privacy.
    If it has Android, there are plenty other Android phones that I would consider first.
    08-19-15 11:40 PM
    I really hate Google. I may be a bit paranoid but I feel like every time I use Google I am being spied on and all my information is being logged on their servers for a highest bidder.
    I've used various Nexus devices with only Gmail and PlayStore logged in. Diagnostic data can be turned off. Individual app permissions can be controlled but that needs some initial tinkering. Ads can be disabled throughout the system.

About the spying part - on the MSFN forums, folks are switching off unnecessary & snooping Windows 10 services and checking the log files to see what disabled services still connect to MS servers!

There's a whole lot of 'calling home' going on for no apparent reason.

Don't know if anyone has done this with Adenoid, but would be interesting to know.

So MS actually got better than GGL at this stuff...

 Q5 / Z30
    Last edited by gvs1341; 08-20-15 at 12:51 AM.
    08-20-15 12:38 AM
    Dnt even wanna think abt a bb running android...would hav bought an android fone long bak if i wanted android...a few tweaks that allow us better access to a lil bit more apps would be nice...but would neva settle for an android running bb or even a hybrid...
    09-18-15 07:48 PM
    Might be a dual boot like the new windows phone

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 10:04 PM
    BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 10:11 PM
    BB10. I would be OK with Android with BB10 like UI, but not this almost stock Android.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 01:31 AM
    BB10 If it's android BlackBerry will lose our faith in her android sucks all what bb10 need is. A play store pre-installed and Google play services and bb10 will be PERFECT
    Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.2639
    10-21-15 01:19 AM
196 ... 678