View Poll Results: Would you prefer Android or BB10 on Slider?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • "Pure" Android

12 9.60%
  • BB10

86 68.80%
  • Android + BB10 "Skin"

27 21.60%
    webOS FTW
    sibeans likes this.
    08-11-15 07:04 PM
    Without hesitation or reserve, BB10 only.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 07:08 PM
    Ideally it would run full BB10 OS with the latest Lollipop Android runtime for apps and the ability to utilize Google Play services. That would propel their product offerings to be much more competitive in the consumer market imo.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 07:20 PM
    BB10

I don't think they will be able to pull off all the same features in BB10 in such a short time.

And if they do Andriod, I'm afraid it will be half baked when it comes to feature set.

Bonus if they offered both flavors.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 07:23 PM
    Ofcourse no doubt about BB10, the best OS at the moment, but we need google services on blackberry to run some apps. It's very inconvenient to keep two phones, one for email & other for apps. Hope, Chen is listening and slider will have this option.
    08-11-15 09:07 PM
    BB10 for sure!!

Posted via Z10
    08-11-15 09:39 PM
    BB10 is what John Chen said.
    I'm beginning to think he must have meant the BB10 Experience Suite.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-11-15 10:15 PM
    wrong place to ask honestly...

the number of people who voted for 'BB10 only' will leave, but stick this poll on android central, imore, windows central, bet you will get 10x more response for 'android with bb10 skin', and more conversions than people ditching.
    zlatno likes this.
    08-11-15 10:19 PM
    BB10 and Android. For me I want BB10 but if others want Android they have that option as well. Have both so that it caters to everyone and will increase sales as well. Let's see what BlackBerry unveils!

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 10:30 PM
    BlackBerry 10. Simple as that.

Posted via CB10.
    08-11-15 10:34 PM
    BB10 with improved Android run time

Posted via CB10
    lift and DonHB like this.
    08-11-15 10:52 PM
    BB10.

I'd only touch an android one several months after launch if this forum has several confirmed cases of it being rootable. An android without root access is like a bath without water. There'd have to be no hope for a BB10 version and it would have to be priced competitively because if BB is going to force me to use android there won't be anything forcing me to spend hundreds extra to use their hardware for it.
    08-11-15 11:19 PM
    wrong place to ask honestly...

the number of people who voted for 'BB10 only' will leave, but stick this poll on android central, imore, windows central, bet you will get 10x more response for 'android with bb10 skin', and more conversions than people ditching.
    Best post & makes the most sense.

Another point lost with this BB "puristness":
    1. you people must not travel or do so still carrying slips of paper as boarding passes. Cause there are no BB native airline apps that work propetly
    2. You must not need GPS or use a standalone Tom Tom. Cause the BlackBerry native map has inferior graphics & instructions when giving you directions compared to the Google map & GPS. Which won't work on a Bb10.
    3. You must not need Uber cause their app won't work on BB10. Oh their website can work but you have to ask for permission and navigation on it is so inferior to the app.

It's dawned on me that being far away from home has revealed the major shortcomings of BB10 without any Android assistance.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-11-15 11:54 PM
    BB10 except I have little pertaining to me in the way of apps that can make full use of the hardware. I do have FUD impressions of Android but it doesn't come without experience using it and from those around me using it and even admittedly envying my BB10. iOS is too restrictive as a computer for me but at the same time I create far more in terms of personal productivity on a 6 year old iDevice than I can on a BB10 device. But as a proprietary os, BB10 is a nice balance between security and freedom. It's just unfortunate that in war of OSes, BB10 has too little too late in the way of attracting developer attention.. Imagine, as a music creator, the abilities the Passport cold provide, with it's keyboard, wide screen, and even frets like a musical instrument would have. Imagine strumming down on the keys like strings of a guitar with its touch enabled features. It's a shame in a way that I play with a fantastic app, one of many, in a low audio latency os to do this on a phone with low resolution, a single core processor and only a quarter of a gig of ram. BB10 still gets my vote unless my concerns of Android are unwarranted.
    08-11-15 11:54 PM
    Mix of both.
    Love BlackBerry 10, but some customizing would be nice... and no i won't just buy a android device cause i want that.
    Need the PKB and i love BlackBerry design...

Posted via CB10
    Dat pkb..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    08-12-15 12:41 AM
    Android with a BlackBerry skin.

BlackBerry's handset division is dying a slow, painful, public death. BB10 has suffered from quarter after quarter after quarter of falling sales, falling revenue, falling market share, and falling user base. Hell, the majority of BlackBerry's user base is still on BBOS, despite BB10 devices like the Z10 selling for write-off pricing.

BlackBerry can't afford to keep putting out flop after flop running BB10. It's a great OS, but it has failed in the market. A device running Android would be a fresh approach, and an OS with over 80% market penetration would have a better chance at enough sales to keep BlackBerry in hardware.
    08-12-15 01:03 AM
    webOS died due to mismanagement & limited app access. BlackBerry may have noticed that & added Android RT to bolster their paltry native app offerings mostly poorly done ports. As for mismanagement, I see no sign they noticed that nor have they taken heed; HP almost bought the farm with a series of incompetent CEOs... ring a bell ??

webOS FTW
    08-12-15 01:42 AM
    webOS FTW
    webOS open source, a very mature OS... EnYo interface (Luna) with better (IMO) gesture & multitasking... I would switch to a webOS device with great specs, Passport-like look & feel, & BlackBerry branded security... do I smell a partnership of this type (LG) more potentially fruitful than with the devil (Samsung) ??
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    08-12-15 01:51 AM
    I would hope that they'd release two versions. A BB10 version and an Android version.

That way they could improve sales by bringing Android into the boat while continuing what they have started with BB10.

Posted via CB10
    zlatno likes this.
    08-12-15 05:01 AM
    BB10chars
    08-12-15 05:53 AM
    As much as I like BB OS10, I think the days of a niche OS outside of the big two (Android & IOS) are very limited. Microsoft has a lot more money and resources then Blackberry and they haven't been able to convince enough folks to make a dent on the marketshare with Microsoft mobile OS! I honestly think if Blackberry where to offer an Android based device with Blackberry embedded security and have some of the features of OS10 like the HUB, Peak, they would draw some of the users back to the brand.

Lets face it, folks want apps and thats what drive the marketplace these days and it doesn't take some marketing genius with a fancy degree to figure that out. Watch the commercials on TV about how they are marketing apps to do everything from banking, turning your household appliances, ordering food, tickets, cabs and the list goes on and on.

If Blackberry where to market a Android based device that fully supported Google play services, I can guarantee that some of the former users who went to Android would come back because they could now use their paid Android apps and have the great features of OS10!! I am just thinking outside the box which is something Blackberry should have done a long time ago, just my two cents.
    08-12-15 07:28 AM
    i will always prefer my BB10.
    08-12-15 09:54 AM
    I voted for BB10 but I can understand why Blackberry is thinking about/already working on an Android device.
    Having a Blackberry running an Android OS with ALL of the APPs that come along with it could bring back the Brand awareness that Blackberry is lacking. We can all complain about a Blackberry running Android OS, but if this device helps make BB hardware profitable, then bring it out. If hardware continues to lose money, then Chen might go all Software and completely phase out the hardware. Then we won't even have polls like this anymore unless the Poll is between a BB with Android or an iOS.
    Maybe I didn't understand the question. Here are all of my answers:
    I prefer BB10 over any other OS.
    No, I don't want dual OS. That doesn't even make sense. Why would someone want to switch between OS' on their smartphone.
    Yes, I want a BB10 with ALL of the Android APPs.
    Blackberry should do everything in their power to make BB(RY) profitable now and in the long-term.
    No, I won't buy a slider but will buy the Passport SE.

I hope one of my answer was for this poll.
    08-12-15 11:02 AM
    BB10 with google service!! it will awesome!!!
    08-12-15 03:59 PM
    BB10 only

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 04:40 PM
196 ... 34567 ...