Just been looking through the Venice section of the board and never noticed any thing relating to virtual keyboard. Is there anything in the rumour mill about whether or not the slider is in the closed position a virtual keyboard is available?

Posted by Passport on bb10 but not sure for how much longer!
    09-01-15 01:26 PM
    Should answer that for you.
    Attached Thumbnails Virtual or PKB only.-img_20150809_110439.jpg  
    Nick Spagnolo likes this.
    09-01-15 01:30 PM
    I don't think there was ever a question, really. It's why the response to those wishing for a full touch was always "just don't slide it open".

Even BlackBerry's first slider, the Torch 9800 had a vkb when left closed.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 01:57 PM
    That red bar sucks

Z10
    tufcustomer likes this.
    09-01-15 02:04 PM
    Thanks for cleaning that up. I sort of miss my vk from the z10 but there's something satisfying about the pk. Only issue I have with my Passport is its top heavy so difficult to type lying on the sofa.The phone tips towards you. Something I guess the Venice will suffer from judging by the length and low keyboard.

Will be good to have the choice again. Best of both worlds which seems to be the theme at BlackBerry these days.

09-01-15 04:32 PM
    Hopefully the engineers have created enough resistance on the slider mechanism. Don't want to swipe up text and end up sliding open the phone. Hopefully the hardware people are communicating with the software people

09-01-15 04:38 PM
    Doh, just realised it won't probably be bb10 keyboard. Or will it? So many questions.

09-01-15 04:49 PM
    Doh, just realised it won't probably be bb10 keyboard. Or will it? So many questions.

So many questions indeed.. they should answer them soon though... as part of the BlackBerry experience suite that was shown off months ago tho they are porting the hub, keyboard and a bunch of other BlackBerry features to work with android phones (probably at a charge) so you can expect they would most likely add the bb10 keyboard...

There's no reason not to when you have apps like swiftkey to compete with, might has well make bb10 one stock on BlackBerry and maybe charge to download on other phones

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 06:26 PM
    I wish they would officially announce something, anything, that way they can gauge the reaction better than throwing it out there and seeing what happens. My other concern of the silence from BlackBerry is there seems to be no plan b! Let's hope plan A is a really good one.

09-02-15 11:45 AM
    It's obviously going to have a VKB but it would be pretty funny if it didn't.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 03:20 PM
    I'm actually looking forward to this phone. Other than the android it's ticking all the boxes for me. I hope this works out for BlackBerry, historically they've brought out a device that would turn around the company, storm, Z10,classic passport which I don't think really hit it off with the general public more to existing BlackBerry users. This ones a real gamble though, new device and new os. If done right though could be a major success.

It's as if they've played the averages. Looked at what everyone wants out of a device and covered everything. You want all touch you got one, you want a pkb you got one. You want the the hub and productivity of BlackBerry you get it and full android app compatibility.

Don't screw this up BlackBerry, because if this doesn't work I honestly don't know where they go from there. No pressure then John Chen.

09-02-15 05:16 PM