However you want to look at it, no matter what new tricks are used , virtual keyboards are simply not as accurate as blackberry physical keyboard. I do not see myself owning screen only keyboard. Blackberry physical keyboard is such a joy to type on. so blackberry you better keep selling those physical keyboards phones or I will need to stock up on few like Kardashians!
    artemis-kun, jegs2 and mithrazor like this.
    06-29-16 07:08 AM
    BlackBerry does make great VKB keyboards but yes for long and accurate typing I use the PKB. With a VKB, u almost need a good autocorrect and word prediction software to make the experience smoother.

Posted via my Priv
    06-29-16 07:21 AM
    Agree 100 percent. I use the PKB on my priv almost exclusively. As long as I can keep buying phones with the keyboard I will

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    qwerty4ever likes this.
    06-29-16 07:22 AM
    BlackBerry hasn't made a really good keyboard since the Bold 9900. That keyboard with its smile shape was so easy to type on without looking and no error correction needed.

I tried the Q5 keyboard and if the 9900 was an "A" then Q5 was a "B" a little more cramped and didn't have the smile shape that made for fast typing. Still it was pretty good.

I can't find one good thing to say about the Priv keyboard though. You may as well have 2 virtual keyboards because the keys are so cramped that you need the auto correct because your thumb press 4 keys at once. I give the Priv a �D-". Or an "F+".

If BlackBerry had used the 9900 keyboard in the Priv, all that built in capacitive touch crap wouldn't be necessary.

I want an old fashioned mechanical keyboard with plenty of room and a smile. Remake the Priv with that keyboard and you'd really have some value added. The current keyboard is a gimmick.

Z5 Premium - 6.0.1 - T-Mobile USA
    06-29-16 07:27 AM
    I really don't get all the hate for the Priv's PKB. I type quite flawlessly and at speed on it, never feel cramped, the only thing I have issues with is occasionally accidentally deleting something using the capacative swipe gesture because my thumbs are moving too fast :P Granted, I haven't used a BB PKB since the Torch 9800, but previous to that I had a Bold 9700, Bold 9000, and a Curve 8310, so maybe these more recent PKBs have spoiled people :P
    06-29-16 08:17 AM
    However you want to look at it, no matter what new tricks are used , virtual keyboards are simply not as accurate as blackberry physical keyboard. I do not see myself owning screen only keyboard. Blackberry physical keyboard is such a joy to type on. so blackberry you better keep selling those physical keyboards phones or I will need to stock up on few like Kardashians!
    However you want to look at it - to keep that passive-aggressive attitude going - it's all in what you're used to.

I'm quite fast and accurate on my Z10 vkb.

Can't stand using my wife's iPhone vkb, though.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-16 08:31 AM
    I liked my Q10 pkb a lot. Then upgraded to a Z10. Got used to the vkb, but always felt it was less efficient. Now that I'm on the Passport...whoa this is good!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    bitek likes this.
    06-29-16 08:35 AM
    However you want to look at it - to keep that passive-aggressive attitude going - it's all in what you're used to.

I'm quite fast and accurate on my Z10 vkb.

Can't stand using my wife's iPhone vkb, though.

Posted via CB10
    I did own z10 for couple of years (bought that phone day 1 when there was no BB10 with physical keyboard available ) and virtual keyboards as good as it is on z10 is just not perfect. Same is with priv. Physical keyboard is far more accurate.
    06-29-16 08:42 AM
    BlackBerry hasn't made a really good keyboard since the Bold 9900. That keyboard with its smile shape was so easy to type on without looking and no error correction needed.

I tried the Q5 keyboard and if the 9900 was an "A" then Q5 was a "B" a little more cramped and didn't have the smile shape that made for fast typing. Still it was pretty good.

I can't find one good thing to say about the Priv keyboard though. You may as well have 2 virtual keyboards because the keys are so cramped that you need the auto correct because your thumb press 4 keys at once. I give the Priv a �D-". Or an "F+".

If BlackBerry had used the 9900 keyboard in the Priv, all that built in capacitive touch crap wouldn't be necessary.

I want an old fashioned mechanical keyboard with plenty of room and a smile. Remake the Priv with that keyboard and you'd really have some value added. The current keyboard is a gimmick.

Myself I do not complain much about priv keyboard. I would definitely not give it such low mark as D or F. I use it a lot and smaller form factor does not bother me. It is still much better than virtual keyboard. Also swiping works amazingly well on priv is physical keyboard.
    06-29-16 08:51 AM
    Virtual keyboards are simply not that good ...-56041104.jpg

On screen keyboards suck and are a step backwards. Good luck typing up a message of any length.

Probably goes to show that most people aren't doing anything of value on a smartphone, even those replying via email to work stuff.

Now if Google can correct webview to have spellcheck we can get the one killer feature missing from the Hub and Chrome.
    06-29-16 09:16 AM
    I use the physical keyboard on my Priv throughout the day.

BBM Channel: C0001F285
    06-29-16 09:18 AM
    On screen keyboards suck and are a step backwards. Good luck typing up a message of any length.
    I type messages of any length all the time on my vkb with 50-year-old hands with no problems. Short and long, and some are very long. Why is it so hard for some people?

Posted via CB10
    06-29-16 11:55 AM

If you want an old fashioned mechanical keyboard, perhaps Smith - Corona would make you smile. Plenty of room
    spARTacus likes this.
    06-29-16 01:52 PM
    The Priv PKB is what I use almost exclusively, except for when I am entering mostly numbers, I had a VKB only phone prior to getting the Priv. (Not a BlackBerry) I did not like it at all! What a relief it was to get the Priv with its PKB! Love it.

Posted with my PRIV via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-29-16 02:01 PM
    I type messages of any length all the time on my vkb with 50-year-old hands with no problems. Short and long, and some are very long. Why is it so hard for some people?

Posted via CB10
    06-29-16 02:18 PM
    Agree 100%. VKB's are good enough to get the job done. But it's not something you can use to excel at typing.

The PKB is much quicker and accurate at typing.

And I also agree that the keyboards have been somewhat lackluster since the 9900. Even on my Q10 I didn't like it too much. Never tried the classic though.

06-30-16 08:06 PM
    I've always been a PKB fan. But the VKB on the Priv works quite well for short stuff. I was spoiled with my Bold 9000 KB, and then my Passport was almost as good, but not quite. I'd kill for a Passport with the Bold 9000's design of a PKB....

06-30-16 08:29 PM
    For me:
    - PKB on my work Q10 is not as good as my old work Curve PKB (smile rows).
    - VKB on my personal Z10 works better than PKB on my Q10.
    - My old work Curve PKB might have been better than my Z10's VKB.
    - Neither of the two PKBs work well for one-handed operation, which I find I use periodically on my Z10, and drives me crazy not being able to do with my Q10.
    - PKBs on the Privs I have tried out in the stores felt awkward, worse than when I switched from work Curve to work Q10.
    - Q10 PKB felt better the more I used it. So, I might have a different opinion about the Priv PKB if I had a Priv (but I doubt better than my Z10 VKB).

Posted via CB App for Android on Tab4 (interim Playbook replacement)
    06-30-16 08:46 PM