[QUOTE=extisis;11864983]my friends at blackberry said the construction is cheap like the leap, all plastic...
    [QUOTE]only the best for the android faithful [QUOTE]

LoL.

Even a heavy-ish plastic construction, but properly put together, should be good (ahem, unlike some Passports' screens).

 Q5 / Z30
    08-19-15 07:06 AM
    The fun factor wears off. Especially when things are as 'boring' as they've been lately lol. Also, pretty sick of the word 'Hypervisor' too. Just saying.
    How many are still going to be in denial? You gonna have to make more clear than that.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-19-15 07:49 AM
    Are you suggesting that what we see is full blown android running on a VM within BB10? Or are you saying your tired of other people saying that?

I still don't understand why it's so far fetched to believe BlackBerry could license some of its patents, which are VERY valuable, to Google in exchange for Google play access. It seems like a win win for everyone involved.

Posted via CB10
    Pretty sure that Samsung and most of the rest of the OHA would NOT see it as a win win.....

What patents that BlackBerry owns does Google want?

Most all that has been disscussed about this is possible from a technology only standpoint, and would be great from BlackBerry's point of view. But you have to step outside and look at it from Google, Samsung, HTC...all of the OHAs point of view. If anything Google is about to get tougher on access to GPS ...
    08-19-15 08:05 AM
    [QUOTE=gvs1341;11865376][QUOTE=extisis;11864983]my friends at blackberry said the construction is cheap like the leap, all plastic...
    [QUOTE]only the best for the android faithful

LoL.

Even a heavy-ish plastic construction, but properly put together, should be good (ahem, unlike some Passports' screens).

 Q5 / Z30
    don't really care how it's constructed if all it's going to run is bahdroid. that's my new moniker for this slider's (tentative) OS.
    08-19-15 09:34 AM
    08-19-15 09:35 AM
    Seriously they need to have a more premium construction, not Leap's construction.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 10:45 AM
    Seriously they need to have a more premium construction, not Leap's construction.

Posted via CB10
    Just depends on what retail price point BlackBerry wants to hit and what margins they want. Whatever builder they are working with will then offer them choices. But with a 3rd Party in the mix and volumes so low... you aren't going to get a Galaxy S6 level device at the price the S6 will be at in three months. You will have to compromise... I think I'd rather have a good CPU/GPU than a premium body. A case will cover that.
    08-19-15 11:16 AM
    How many are still going to be in denial? You gonna have to make more clear than that.
    Nah. that's BlackBerry's job. Only my job to expand upon it lol.
    08-19-15 11:25 AM
    Just depends on what retail price point BlackBerry wants to hit and what margins they want. Whatever builder they are working with will then offer them choices. But with a 3rd Party in the mix and volumes so low... you aren't going to get a Galaxy S6 level device at the price the S6 will be at in three months. You will have to compromise... I think I'd rather have a good CPU/GPU than a premium body. A case will cover that.
    As long as it doesn't feel like it will bend like iPhone 6 lol and yes most people put cases on anyways so wouldn't even notice

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 11:45 AM
    As long as it doesn't feel like it will bend like iPhone 6 lol and yes most people put cases on anyways so wouldn't even notice

Posted via CB10
    SLIDER.... Cases.... Will be interesting to see what they come up with for those.
    08-19-15 01:14 PM
    I want dual OS. Or at least the option of having BlackBerry 10 or Android.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 01:46 PM
    BTW if it's unclear, bla1ze's post means the slider will NOT have a hypervisor dual boot whatever. Thus him being sick of it being mentioned.

Looks like it's most probably a full android (with BlackBerry apps and maybe some skinning)

And maybe an independent bb10 version.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 03:49 PM
    BTW if it's unclear, bla1ze's post means the slider will NOT have a hypervisor dual boot whatever. Thus him being sick of it being mentioned.
    Even if it was a dual boot, stop saying hypervisor.

Posted via CB10
    extisis and fadi.alsaidi like this.
    08-19-15 04:08 PM
    SLIDER.... Cases.... Will be interesting to see what they come up with for those.
    I've customarily used the oem pouches. If I get the slider that's what i'd use, just common sense really given the unique shape.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    08-19-15 05:26 PM
    Even if it was a dual boot, stop saying hypervisor.

Posted via CB10
    It's taking over, much like 'Liquid Graphics'

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 08:46 PM
    It's taking over, much like 'Liquid Graphics'

Posted via CB10
    dude, liquid graphix is what made the 9810 so special.
    08-19-15 10:15 PM
    I know the speaker is gonna be freaking amazing a lot of bass to And especially for the camera it's gonna mean 18 megapixel camera it should be the best This is gonna kill Samsung Galaxy edge I know for sure Blackberry slider Is going to have a microSD card And I hope the speakers me super loud I like that Display will be amazing too Once I buy this phone This will be my favorite phone

Posted via CB10
    Omgomgomgbbq

Posted via Silver Passport.
    08-19-15 11:02 PM
    dude, liquid graphix is what made the 9810 so special.
    #BringBackLiquidGraphics

Posted via CB10
    extisis and AnimalPak200 like this.
    08-20-15 05:44 AM
68 123