I did!
    10-30-15 09:49 PM
    All I got was an email letting me know about the Priv. So did my mom lol. Neither signed up. Congrats on the discount.

I'm on the fence only because of price right now and running 7 BB10s on my BBID right now with three of them Passports. Woulda thunk I'd get something, but BlackBerry prob assumed I'm already in.

Love my devices though and three are mint/never used. Still debating on selling here, but think they're worth more to me than what I'd get so can't justify the Priv with so many backups.

Anyway, enjoy the Priv and spread the word about BlackBerry's first Android! :-)

Posted via CB10
    nward2010 likes this.
    10-30-15 10:17 PM
    Yet you don't know that the plural of BlackBerry is not BlackBerry's.
    Perhaps, if I wasn't referring to a " name " or a "brand " then I would be incorrect. However, Ex : Mary, Gary, Barry, Manny & Harry do not become Maries, Garies, Barries, Mannies or Harries when referring to them in the plural form. Yet, you don't seem to know that! I'm not talking about the fruit, I'm referring to a brand name, therefore the plural of several "BlackBerry" devices is: BlackBerry's NOT Blackberries. Lol.

RED  Q5 SQR100-2/10.3.2.2789 on Bell Mobility Network
    10-30-15 10:22 PM
    Nice!

Posted via CB10
    nward2010 likes this.
    10-30-15 10:26 PM
    I have and still use my 64 gb Playbook and I did not receive an invite.

Posted via CB10
    Same here. Plus every new BB10 phone since. No special invite. I did get the generic thank you email for my preorder. Perhaps I should have held out to see if Chen was desperate enough to send me the special email.
    10-30-15 11:16 PM
    I still use my playbook to check all my email accounts on a daily basis. No invite', though.

Posted via CB10 on Passport SQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    10-31-15 12:01 AM
    Just FYI... when the passport was released, everyone who attended the event got a passport as a gift... don't miss it, if you got the invite... who knows you might get a priv

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 12:18 AM
    Since we have not seen anything else like this, I think it's safe to call it bull officially.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 05:07 PM
    Since we have not seen anything else like this, I think it's safe to call it bull officially.

Posted via CB10
    Believe as you wish! Lol.

Actually got an email yesterday from a BlackBerry representative that my Priv is being shipped this week directly from Waterloo !

I guess that's what they mean by "White glove" delivery service

MO3iusONE likes this.
    11-03-15 05:13 PM
    Pretty strange that a VIP would use a red Q5 and also know the version and care enough to quote the OS version.

Posted via CB10
    How is that strange? Last time I checked, the Q5 is a bb10 device. I guess some people really have to stretch to bring a lil negativity into the threads.

Posted via CB10
    nward2010 likes this.
    11-03-15 05:34 PM
    How is that strange? Last time I checked, the Q5 is a bb10 device. I guess some people really have to stretch to bring a lil negativity into the threads.

Posted via CB10
    OP later posted that he had a Passport that he recently sold and that the Q5 was a in-between phone. It just seemed odd to me that a Q5 owner would be considered the target audience for the PRIV. Not a comment on the Q5 but it just seemed odd to me at that point in time.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 08:07 PM
    Perhaps, if I wasn't referring to a " name " or a "brand " then I would be incorrect. However, Ex : Mary, Gary, Barry, Manny & Harry do not become Maries, Garies, Barries, Mannies or Harries when referring to them in the plural form. Yet, you don't seem to know that! I'm not talking about the fruit, I'm referring to a brand name, therefore the plural of several "BlackBerry" devices is: BlackBerry's NOT Blackberries. Lol.

It's definitely not BlackBerry's. That's possessive. It's BlackBerrys if you really want to use it that way. Better to just say BlackBerry devices.
    11-03-15 08:31 PM
    I remember when Gizmodo had their hands on the iPhone 4. Everyone was saying it was fake, I just sat back and observed and it seemed legit to me..

Same goes here. It's like with the guy who was doing an AMA with the Priv. He shows proof that had had it but people wanted more then wanted more screen shots, they wanted videos of it people need to relax.

Yeah I think this is legit. And even if it's not, I'm not going to lose sleep over it.
    Arjun Sahota likes this.
    11-03-15 11:37 PM
    Yeah, I don't see why everyone is getting hot and heavy over someone getting a discount.

I don't think OP would waste his time to make a fake email.

Enjoy OP, I will wait till my Z10 is died or Priv gets Marshmallow with App Permission controls and of course a little cheaper.
    MO3iusONE and nward2010 like this.
    11-04-15 04:15 PM
    Nward - Lucky dog! Paid full price on Shopblackberry....waiting not so patiently for it to ship.
    11-04-15 05:26 PM
    Pretty strange that a VIP would use a red Q5 and also know the version and care enough to quote the OS version.

Posted via CB10
    Kinda thought that too...

 вιaсĸвεггч� Passport SE SQW100-4 running 10.3.2.2639
    11-04-15 05:34 PM
    Kinda thought that too...

 вιaсĸвεггч� Passport SE SQW100-4 running 10.3.2.2639
    Again, if you had taken the time to read the entire thread... My Q5 is a spare device I purchased from the Marketplace as a backup to my red Passport (and sometimes I missed one handed typing). I sold my red Passport for $500 about 2 weeks ago on Kijiji to help offset the cost of my new Priv! Since when does the type of BlackBerry device being used define what constitutes a VIP? I've managed to establish some close connections within BlackBerry in the past couple of years and my line of work in Corporate Security at one of the world's largest tech / software companies makes me more influential than your "average Joe". Co-workers know me as the BlackBerry guru within our Corporate Security department and come to me for assistance with their BB devices as well as value my opinion about the various different BlackBerry devices. THAT's WHY I got an invite for a VIP Discount and you didn't! So, stop hating because you have to pay full price. Lol.

11-04-15 05:59 PM
    Again, if you had taken the time to read the entire thread... My Q5 is a spare device I purchased from the Marketplace as a backup to my red Passport (and sometimes I missed one handed typing). I sold my red Passport for $500 about 2 weeks ago on Kijiji to help offset the cost of my new Priv! Since when does the type of BlackBerry device being used define what constitutes a VIP? I've managed to establish some close connections within BlackBerry in the past couple of years and my line of work in Corporate Security at one of the world's largest tech / software companies makes me more influential than your "average Joe". Co-workers know me as the BlackBerry guru within our Corporate Security department and come to me for assistance with their BB devices as well as value my opinion about the various different BlackBerry devices. THAT's WHY I got an invite for a VIP Discount and you didn't! So, stop hating because you have to pay full price. Lol.

And, again, the point of this thread is...? Feeling good about yourself without giving any particulars?

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport 
    BerryRipe likes this.
    11-04-15 06:36 PM
    And, again, the point of this thread is...? Feeling good about yourself without giving any particulars?

Gosh! Perhaps one of his co-workers is playing a trick on him?
    11-04-15 06:39 PM

I always feel good about myself. Either way...the "particulars" wouldn't entitle you to a discount, so what would be the point ??? Lol. I think that I've explained enough in my postings.

11-04-15 06:49 PM
    Gosh! Perhaps one of his co-workers is playing a trick on him?
    Lol. Good one!

anon4226395 likes this.
    11-04-15 06:50 PM
    Congrats!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    nward2010 likes this.
    11-04-15 07:03 PM

The point of this thread is to inform people that he's receive a discount on his Priv and others might be in the same boat as him. No need to get **** hurt.
    nward2010 likes this.
    11-04-15 08:10 PM

Hey man, you don't need to explain yourself to any of these suckers. It blows my mind how some people can be on here.
    nward2010 likes this.
    11-04-15 08:11 PM
    So OP were you treated like a VIP and did you get your PRIV... or was this thread misleading.

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    11-10-15 12:28 AM
135 ... 3456