Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    My calendar seems to randomly work and not work with invitations sent to my gmail account. After accepting the invitation, more often than not, it does not show up in my calendar. When I open the original invite again I get a message that says"

"To view the options for this invitation, you must sync your calendar with this account"

I have looked everywhere but can't figure out how to do this. Is anyone else having this problem?

Maybe it is because the invites are coming from iCloud calendar and show up as about 6 screens of HTML?
    05-09-16 11:40 AM
    Here's a screen shot.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails "To view the options for this invitation, you must sync your calendar with this account" - How?-10114.jpg  
    05-09-16 11:42 AM
    Do you have more than one email account, and do you have calendar synced to the email account where you received that invite?

05-09-16 11:52 AM
    Yes, I have 2 email accounts. One is an Office365 account and the other is a gmail account.

I received that invite on my gmail account and it is set as the Default calendar. I don't see any sync options for any of my calendars?
    05-09-16 12:10 PM
    Am I the only person having this problem?

I would have no problem at all syncing my account if I could figure out how.

05-11-16 09:54 AM
    I'm assuming you only ever see this on your Gmail account, yeah? If you wait a period of time and try opening it again, does everything go back to being fine?

The problem we've seen is that the Google calendar adapter which syncs all the Gmail calendar events sometimes takes some time to get the actual event data so that it can respond. Usually it's only a matter of some minutes for it to sync.

The messaging around it isn't good. We need to clean that up a bit for sure.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    05-11-16 09:09 PM
    I have a related issue around the same message. My primary email account (which is not gmail) does not have calendar capabilities. Instead I use my gmail account to store my calendar. On my desktop email client this all works as expected. I get calendar invites to my primary email and when I accept those invites the calendar entry gets added to my gmail account. No muss no fuss. In the Hub app though, when I receive an invite on my primary account I get a message similar to the one posted by the OP. Thus I can't properly manage my invites on my Priv. Why does the Hub have an issue with my setup whereas my desktop email client does not? Can this be improved please?

Thanks
    DC
    05-12-16 08:43 AM
    I'm assuming you only ever see this on your Gmail account, yeah? If you wait a period of time and try opening it again, does everything go back to being fine?

The problem we've seen is that the Google calendar adapter which syncs all the Gmail calendar events sometimes takes some time to get the actual event data so that it can respond. Usually it's only a matter of some minutes for it to sync.

The messaging around it isn't good. We need to clean that up a bit for sure.
    Thank you for the response c_bryant34.

You are correct that this problem only seems to occur with my Gmail account. I just went back and looked at all of the calendar invitations that I have received on that account from the last couple of weeks and only 3 out of 15 are showing up in my calendar. The rest have the same message in the original invite telling me to sync my calendar.

I removed BlackBerry Calendar and installed Google Calendar to see if that would help but it is the same... so it seems like more of a Hub issue than a Calendar issue.

05-12-16 11:03 AM
    I just reinstalled BlackBerry Calendar and everything appears to be working now. I'm not sure what the deal was since this is the second time I uninstalled and reinstalled it. Regardless, it is working now!
    05-12-16 12:46 PM
    I have a related issue around the same message. My primary email account (which is not gmail) does not have calendar capabilities. Instead I use my gmail account to store my calendar. On my desktop email client this all works as expected. I get calendar invites to my primary email and when I accept those invites the calendar entry gets added to my gmail account. No muss no fuss. In the Hub app though, when I receive an invite on my primary account I get a message similar to the one posted by the OP. Thus I can't properly manage my invites on my Priv. Why does the Hub have an issue with my setup whereas my desktop email client does not? Can this be improved please?

Thanks
    DC
    I have the same issue. Have you figured it out? I can't even forward the invite to my Gmail account to accept it there.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for my BlackBerry Priv
    06-21-16 09:15 AM
    I have the same problem. Quite buggy if you ask me. A lot of people use the Google Calendar and cannot manage it at all using the BlackBerry HUB. I get an invitation but I get a message that says "Your account hasn't synced with this invitation yet. Try again in a fw minutes, or tap Refresh in the BlackBerry Calendar app." As you can imagine I followed the "instructions" to no effect. I can't believe that this continues to persist as an issue over a year later. It's probably even worse now that BlackBerry is pushing the HUB+ suite of services as a subscription offering. Embarrassing really.
    12-22-16 10:17 AM
    I'm having the exact same issues. I can't accept meeting requests on my Blackberry Priv because it says it's not synced. My gmail is my main account. It is synced and refreshed. I can't uninstall/reinstall because it's the blackberry app on my blackberry phone. I can go to work and accept the request through my gmail on my desktop.
    07-18-17 11:27 AM
    I am having the same issue as well.

I do not have Gmail account on my phone. It seems the Google calendar account is not possible to remove from my BlackBerry DTEK60 or from BlackBerry Calendar app. I can turn off the Google account calendar sync (but that seems to do nothing really).

I have tried uninstalling BlackBerry Calendar app and deleting all cache and app data. FYI when I reinstall (re-enable) the app the calendar events are still in there.... Somehow removing the app and cache doesn't actually remove it.....hmmm

How does the HUB know which calendar account to use? There is no setting in HUB. Technically my real calendar (GoDaddy) and my not used calendar (Google account calendar) use the same email. Maybe that's part of the problem...

Any suggestions?

I'm at the point now of deciding if I try deleting my Google Account off my phone? Do I just try and use the Google Account calendar and have it then sync / subscribe to my other GoDaddy calendar (trying to avoid this)? Or do I just do a factory reset of my whole phone and try again from scratch?
    07-20-17 11:34 AM
    Also having this problem. Google Calendar is my primary calendar and it's sync'ed to my google email account but it doesn't integrate emailed meeting invitations. Stumped.
    07-21-17 07:43 PM
    having same issue on Keyone. any fixes for this?
    07-22-17 09:02 PM
    I did a complete Factory reset on my phone and still have the issue. It did reload the settings (might be part of the problem). I'll have to try again. I don't have time for all this messing around just to get my calendar to work. so frustrating !
    08-03-17 11:06 AM
    Here's a screen shot
    Attached Thumbnails "To view the options for this invitation, you must sync your calendar with this account" - How?-2111.jpg  
    08-03-17 11:06 AM
    I have exactly the same issue. And it look like the "Mail-part" of the Hub is not working properly.
    I you accept the meeting in the GMail App, you will see the invitation in the BB Calendar properly AND after this, the invitation in the Hub is showing the correct answer (yes, maybe, no). The "not synced" sign will be gone.

I tested it many times now....it works, but for sure not as expected.

The alternative:

You have to delete the GMail Account from your device (in both Apps, GMail and BB Hub). Then you create an account in the Hub and include syning for mail, calndar and contacts.

Once this is done, the sync will work flawlessly, BUT you have to create the Gmail Account again to get Apps on the Play Store.
    Now comes the issue. Setting it up like this will lead to another issue.

Calendar invitations will not be answered correctly anymore, because the Hub is not properly responding to this. It shows as "answered" in the Hub and in the calendar entry, but the origaniser will get no answer

I cannot believe, that BB is not able to fix this, since the calendaring "thing" is one of the most important selling arguments for them....I am very disappointed because of that

Best wishes,

Arniebirdy
    10-02-17 03:05 AM
    wow I thought I had fixed it.

Deleted Google account. Opened the calendar invite from hub. Said it needed a calendar account to sync to. Re activated the Google account, Accepted the invite, it worked!! But then when I went to another hub calendar invite it gave me the same error as before!!! Rrrrrrrr.
    11-19-17 04:51 PM
    OMG!! I fixed it after just about a year of working on it!

FYI: this fix is for a Google Calendar account. My original issue was with my GoDaddy Caldav account. I have deleted and stopped paying for the GoDaddy calendar account so I can't test if it is working with that one.

Fix:
    - In accounts (phone settings) delete Google account. Not sure if anything important will be lost.
    - In accounts (phone setting) click "add account" and click "blackberry Caldav account". Not sure if this option used to be in there as I would have tried it before with my GoDaddy account.
    - For info on adding to BlackBerry Caldav account: I forget all the form question but :
    email: (Google account email)
    user: (Google account email)
    password: (password)
    Server: https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/<emailaddress>/events
    <Email address> insert your email
    All the rest I left the same.

UPDATE (May 2019): you need to allow "less secure app access" in your Google account security settings

- Test in BlackBerry HUB
    - Reactivate Goggle account (in phone settings). Just don't turn on calendar sync in account settings. For some reason calendar sync isn't in there for me anymore anyways.
    - Can't remember, might have to go to BlackBerry calendar settings and select your new Caldav Google calendar as your default

Hope this helps others!! Let me know if you have questions
    Last edited by brian4591; 05-09-19 at 12:55 PM.
    11-19-17 05:17 PM
    OMG!! I fixed it after just about a year of working on it!
    I'm going to wait for a few others who are more adventurous than me to verify this. When looking at all of the items in the Google account it seems like deleting it may create more work than I am looking for right now.

With that said, I have been waiting for this fix since I got my first Priv back in 2014! You would think that Blackberry's devs could have figured out how to fix this issue sometime in the last 3 years.
    11-21-17 12:04 PM
    All my Goggle account settings all repopulated and everything seems to be all good. Seems all the Google account stuff is saved online.

Possibly someone more versed on Android can confirm if deleting the Goggle account and re-adding the account does anything worth noting.

So far so good and my calendar is working great!!
    11-21-17 12:17 PM
    UPDATE: you need to allow "less secure app access" in your Google account security settings
    05-09-19 12:55 PM