Hi,

I just purchased a Priv from Amazon, but it's not gonna come to my hand anytime soon. One question I have is "Is there Vietnamese language for input in Blackberry keyboad in Priv?" Obviously the z30 and Passport all support Vietnamese, but I read somewhere that the keyboard on Priv doesn't. Is that true?

Thanks
    11-18-15 02:04 AM
    Hi,

I just purchased a Priv from Amazon, but it's not gonna come to my hand anytime soon. One question I have is "Is there Vietnamese language for input in Blackberry keyboad in Priv?" Obviously the z30 and Passport all support Vietnamese, but I read somewhere that the keyboard on Priv doesn't. Is that true?

Thanks
    Keyboard input methods - PRIV - 5.1
    11-18-15 05:58 AM
    Can't find Vietnamese in there. Om I'm doomed

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 06:29 AM
    Can't find Vietnamese in there. Om I'm doomed

Posted via CB10
    I'm pretty sure you can install additional languages in the Play store.

https://play.google.com/store/search...d%20vietnamese
    11-18-15 06:30 AM
    Just like all other BlackBerry phones, obviously Priv does not support standard input method for Vietnamese language (VNI). The non-standard TELEX method shouldn't be a problem though.

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    Last edited by dusanvn; 11-18-15 at 07:35 AM.
    Cong Tuan Nguyen likes this.
    11-18-15 07:10 AM
    I'm pretty sure you can install additional languages in the Play store.

https://play.google.com/store/search...d%20vietnamese
    I mean bb keyboard, not another 3rd party.
    Thank you anyway

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 08:30 AM
    Just like all other BlackBerry phones, obviously Priv does not support standard input method for Vietnamese language (VNI). The non-standard TELEX method shouldn't be a problem though.

How do you know the Telex shouldn't be a problem?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 08:31 AM
    How do you know the Telex shouldn't be a problem?

Posted via CB10
    The TELEX method requires no special keys. To type diacriticized letters, a pure English keyboard suffices (for example, � is typed by EE and Ễ by EEX). It's a matter of software, so, if it isn't supported now, it will be in future via OS update.

11-18-15 10:05 AM
    The TELEX method requires no special keys. To type diacriticized letters, a pure English keyboard suffices (for example, � is typed by EE and Ễ by EEX). It's a matter of software, so, if it isn't supported now, it will be in future via OS update.

Yup what I'm asking is if it's supported now
    11-18-15 08:52 PM
    I mean bb keyboard, not another 3rd party.
    Thank you anyway

Posted via CB10
    I don't see any problem with another 3rd party app. BB keyboard is an app. And BB is 3rd party in Google's OS (ie, Android). And you are probably using a lot of 3rd party apps anyway.
    One suggestion if you want a keyboard from recognized developers: SwiftKey has VNese language pack.
    11-18-15 09:31 PM
    I don't see any problem with another 3rd party app. BB keyboard is an app. And BB is 3rd party in Google's OS (ie, Android). And you are probably using a lot of 3rd party apps anyway.
    One suggestion if you want a keyboard from recognized developers: SwiftKey has VNese language pack.
    Hi thank you for your response.
    However, one reason I purchase the Priv is because I love VKB on BB10. My mom has a LEAP and I'm using a Q10, but I always dream of flicking VNese in a VKB. So, the least I want to do is loading another 3rd keyboard.

Heartbroken
    11-18-15 09:45 PM
    Hi thank you for your response.
    However, one reason I purchase the Priv is because I love VKB on BB10. My mom has a LEAP and I'm using a Q10, but I always dream of flicking VNese in a VKB. So, the least I want to do is loading another 3rd keyboard.

Heartbroken
    Hmm flicking... I guess you have no choice but to wait for BB Keyboard to support it.
    But still I'd definitely recommend you to try SwiftKey with Priv (it is a bit heavy but Priv should be able to use it).
    11-18-15 09:51 PM
    Hmm flicking... I guess you have no choice but to wait for BB Keyboard to support it.
    But still I'd definitely recommend you to try SwiftKey with Priv (it is a bit heavy but Priv should be able to use it).
    Ok sure will give it a try

Thank you
    11-18-15 10:06 PM
    I intended to buy a Priv but I read many things about some problems for functions of physical keyboard in Priv when using 3rd keyboards to type Vietnamese languages, so I think I will buy a Priv when BB update Vietnamese typing support for its keyboard.
    03-31-16 02:33 AM
    Dude why do you want to type Vietnamese on Priv keyboard??? Dont you know it is a thing Blackberry cant give you even you just purchased its flagship phone! Stop asking for everything! You cant have everything!
    You want Vietnamese input, well buy a BB10 device.
    I did.

Posted via Passport Silver Edition 
    03-31-16 03:25 AM