I'm not so sure.

Posted via CB10
    Whoa...
    But I'm kind of incline to agree. Glad I'm not the only one.

BlackBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 on Telkomsel Network
    08-26-15 12:42 PM
    I see that we're quickly moving to the ad-hominem attack territory. Well done. Why don't we start questioning the entire existence of CrackBerry? Maybe they are really all pro-Android, BlackBerry haters. In fact, I think that it's time to start a new BlackBerry fan site, where the true blind fan loyalty can breed.
    Now, there's a thought.

08-26-15 12:43 PM
    A lot of Android users are. - The Android-powered BlackBerry Venice slider is starting to look real | Android Central It's just die-hard BB10 fans that hate the idea lol.
    It's not hate but the waiting when BlackBerry tell BB10 users what the big plan is. They all supported BlackBerry with BBOS 10 since it came out. But we will see what they bring maybe te whole idea is not that bad.

I hope we still have active frames ,real multitasking, swipe, gesture and apps permission
    08-26-15 12:45 PM
    Y'know, I'm sick of all these android talks in BlackBerry forum. There should be a free zone from that lame OS somewhere. I mean, IT'S A FRIGGIN BLACKBERRY FORUM, AFTERALL!

Sigh...

Last edited by bhoqeem; 08-26-15 at 01:17 PM.
    08-26-15 12:51 PM
    How did BBOS not mature? BBOS not only matured, it married, had kids, got fat and slow, retired, started barking at anything new, was abandoned by his family and was eventually forced into palliative care.

Posted via CB10
    I was kinda mocking the guy in the video... he said he was a fan, but then said that BBOS had not matured. I'm sure he was talking about BB10, and might not have understood there is a difference.
    08-26-15 01:14 PM
    Y'know, I'm sick of all these android talks in BlackBerry forum. There should be a free zone from that lame OS somewhere. I mean, IT'S A FRIGGIN BLACKBERRY FORUM, AFTERALL!

Sigh...

Ya, and BlackBerry is rumored to be making an Android device lol. You must cover your eyes and stick your fingers in your ears if you haven't realized this.
    08-26-15 01:22 PM
    Until someone is putting this in a box and selling it, I call it prototype. My bet is its a one off for an Enterprise customer base. Consumers are not in Chen's sights, we as the general consumer NEED to get over this. BB10 is most likely doing a fundamental shift, hence no real development news, but not going away.

Only way I am getting a new BB10 device is if my god forsaken CDMA carrier goes to VoLTE finally.
    08-26-15 01:29 PM
    Ya, and BlackBerry is rumored to be making an Android device lol. You must cover your eyes and stick your fingers in your ears if you haven't realized this.
    Yeah. Sure, boss. Sticking my fingers. Gotcha.

Z10STL100-4/10.3.2.2339 on XL Network
    08-26-15 01:31 PM
    Eh... I'd rather them take a few more months to make sure it doesn't remind people of the Storm.

Posted via CB10
    or the Z10 beta with coming soon promises release. I'll wait till they get it right before considering a purchase and slider is no longer the only option.

somebody else can be the

[Video] Technobuffalo talks about Venice-guinea-pig-behavior.jpg
    08-26-15 01:36 PM
    How about a sub-forum of CrackBerry Community called "Android free zone"?

This new forum could be a "safe" place for people who share bhoqeem's sentiments.
    No android fans allowed.

Just an idea.
    Not sure it is a good idea.
    08-26-15 01:42 PM
    How about a sub-forum of CrackBerry Community called "Android free zone"?

This new forum could be a "safe" place for people who share bhoqeem's sentiments.
    No android fans allowed.

Just an idea.
    Not sure it is a good idea.
    Well, it's an idea, alright.
    Doesn't mean it's a bad idea, now, is it?
    I mean I know for sure I'm not alone with the sentiment.
    08-26-15 01:50 PM
    Plus BB10 and BB Playbook OS always had the android runtime...without sales would have been much worse especially for BB10.....
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-26-15 02:09 PM
    Well, it's an idea, alright.
    Doesn't mean it's a bad idea, now, is it?
    I mean I know for sure I'm not alone with the sentiment.
    Yes there is a smallish but vocal part of the community who march to same drum beat.
    If you had this sanctuary would you be more tolerant in the rest of the forums?

DISCLAIMER: Just in case its not obvious I am just a community member and have no say in making this happen/or not.
    Last edited by DrBoomBotz; 08-26-15 at 02:16 PM. Reason: disclaimer
    08-26-15 02:13 PM
    DISCLAIMER: Just in case its not obvious I am just a community member and have no say in making this happen/or not.
    Disclaimer upfront, eh? Clever chap.
    08-26-15 02:19 PM
    Disclaimer upfront, eh? Clever chap.
    Just trying to help.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    08-26-15 02:23 PM
    Just trying to help.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    Hey, appreciated it, bro. Hope it happens.

08-26-15 02:31 PM
    Now, there's a thought.

LOL. Once upon a time....long ago, some members left and created their own BlackBerry forums....to keep it real and stay true to BlackBerry. Only a few remain open from that era....and I'm not talking about the forum sites that have been open 3 - 4 years or less. So, yeah. It has been done before.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 08-26-15 at 09:57 PM.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    08-26-15 02:54 PM
    LOL. Once upon a time....long ago, some members left and created they're own BlackBerry forums....to keep it real and stay true to BlackBerry. Only a few remain open from that era....and I'm not talking about the forum sites that have been open 3 - 4 years or less. So, yeah. It has been done before.
    Well, at least there are options. It's like going to a different bar to feel different atmosphere. I think.

Heh, what do I know, right?

Z10STL100-4/10.3.2.2339 on XL Network
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-26-15 03:06 PM
    "rumoured"

08-26-15 03:52 PM
    LOL. Once upon a time....long ago, some members left and created they're own BlackBerry forums....to keep it real and stay true to BlackBerry. Only a few remain open from that era....and I'm not talking about the forum sites that have been open 3 - 4 years or less. So, yeah. It has been done before.
    I especially loved the ultra militant fanboys going under a certain bridge.
    That was epic and actually was pretty useful for the forum climate, if you know what I mean.

Anyhow, I personally vastly prefer BB10 over Android, but why fight reality?
    BB needs an Android phone for now, because BB10 simply didn't fulfil the promises of being a saviour OS.
    08-26-15 04:08 PM
    BB needs an Android phone for now, because BB10 simply didn't fulfil the promises of being a saviour OS.
    BB10 is not a failure, it's the best mobile OS out there. It is the total lack of marketing and carrier support that failed BB10. Unfortunately it is obvious that BlackBerry must move on and try another angle, but without marketing and carrier support it simply won't work. Keep the faith for now!

Passport SQW 100-1 OS 10.3.2.2339 Winnipeg,MB
    08-26-15 06:37 PM
    BB10 is not a failure, it's the best mobile OS out there. It is the total lack of marketing and carrier support that failed BB10. Unfortunately it is obvious that BlackBerry must move on and try another angle, but without marketing and carrier support it simply won't work. Keep the faith for now!

Best OS isn't enough in today's smartphone landscape. Apps and ecosystem are critical for market parity and competitiveness.

But since you mentioned marketing, tell me, how would you market a device that doesn't do the basics of what today's consumers and enterprises expect?
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-26-15 06:58 PM
    The only dealbreaker with android for me, is if doesn't come with the Hub. I would apreciate a less "toylike" look to the operative system, but I guess that could be fixed without a problem. But the Hub has to be there, otherwise I don't want the Android version.
    This echoes my thoughts.

I, too, find the Hub to be a much-wanted inclusion. The Hub and the typing experience, whether physical or touch keyboard, are among the major factors that draw me to BlackBerry devices. These and the email and filing system setups. And, I appreciate devices that don't seem as, "toy-like," in their User Interface.

The major draw against Android for me, in comparison to BlackBerry, is how often I seem to see Android in the news because of some security mishap. I just don't want to have to spend any time or energy dealing with the possibilities, should they occur with my device.

As for BlackBerry playing in the Android field, I'm becoming more open to seeing what they do. When I look at comments in different places from Android advocates, they mostly seem receptive. So, there is the possibility of BlackBerry moving from survival mode to actually thriving again with improved sales.

At this point, I just want the rumors and speculation to expire. I want to see the actual device and be open to however I may feel about it.

 Posted via CB10 on my Q10 
    08-26-15 08:08 PM
    Best OS isn't enough in today's smartphone landscape. Apps and ecosystem are critical for market parity and competitiveness.

But since you mentioned marketing, tell me, how would you market a device that doesn't do the basics of what today's consumers and enterprises expect?
    Back in 2012 when BB10 was released of course there was a dirge in the amount of apps availible. BlackBerry had the choice to promote the OS and with any kind of marketing they could have sold 10's of millions of phones. You have to sell phones first before developing an ecosystem but the leadership of the day chose to aim low and put the company up for sale instead. When you bought your first iPhone did it come with 1.5 million apps? Nope. When you bought your first Android did it have 1 million apps? Nope. The CEO of BlackBerry failed and was rewarded richly, but BB10 still is the best after all, but not that BlackBerry can survive without trying something different. What that will be we are supposedly about to find out soon enough.

08-26-15 08:52 PM
    Back in 2012 when BB10 was released of course there was a dirge in the amount of apps availible. BlackBerry had the choice to promote the OS and with any kind of marketing they could have sold 10's of millions of phones. You have to sell phones first before developing an ecosystem but the leadership of the day chose to aim low and put the company up for sale instead. When you bought your first iPhone did it come with 1.5 million apps? Nope. When you bought your first Android did it have 1 million apps? Nope. The CEO of BlackBerry failed and was rewarded richly, but BB10 still is the best after all, but not that BlackBerry can survive without trying something different. What that will be we are supposedly about to find out soon enough.

You're working on a false equivalency. It doesn't matter how many apps Apple or Android had in 2007 or 2008 (or even 2009 - 2012). What matters to most rational consumers is what's available when they go to spend their hard-earned money. In 2013 (not 2012), BlackBerry tried asking top-dollar ($600 or $200 + 2-yr contract) for the Z10 at launch. Yet, there's wasn't a compelling reason for users to pick up the device at that price. Users could get more bang for their buck by looking at the competition. There was little incentive for anyone to switch away from Apple or Android - they'd sink $600 to give up a whole bunch of functionality.

Tell me your marketing plan to convince folks to jump on-board the platform under those circumstances.

4 months after launch it was obvious to some of us that BB10 was DOA. Microsoft had big-name apps on stage (Flipboard, Hipstamatic, etc) at their developer conference that year. What did Thor show off at BlackBerry World that year? Peek & Flow. Again. The big names didn't even bother to show (including the ones that made commitments at the Z10 launch). To add insult to injury, the CTO for Shazam was being interviewed on some news outlet and (rightfully) saying it made no business sense for them to support the BB10 platform.

How would you market around that?

And that's just the device side of the house. BES wasn't doing too much better at the time. BES10 was unable to support legacy devices. They lost their first-mover advantage by being late to market with a BES version that could support all platforms.

How would you market around that?

Marketing can only do so much - but it doesn't make the majority of rational consumers braindead.
    08-26-15 11:25 PM
77 1234