Just saw a "news" video on technobuffalo, and they seem quite interested in a Blackberry hardware with Android. Have a look at 3:02

mokimoki and ayngling like this.
    08-24-15 05:32 PM
    A lot of Android users are. - http://www.androidcentral.com/androi...ting-look-real It's just die-hard BB10 fans that hate the idea lol.
    08-24-15 06:14 PM
    Cannot wait for this Phone!!

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 06:51 PM
    I wasn't planning on buying a new phone this year (my OnePlus One still meets my needs perfectly well), but the form factor + Android = the Venice being a day one purchase for me.

I just want it to launch already.
    08-24-15 06:57 PM
    I wasn't planning on buying a new phone this year (my OnePlus One still meets my needs perfectly well), but the form factor + Android = the Venice being a day one purchase for me.

I just want it to launch already.
    Eh... I'd rather them take a few more months to make sure it doesn't remind people of the Storm.

Posted via CB10
    Witmen and Cynycl like this.
    08-24-15 07:30 PM
    A lot of Android users are. - http://www.androidcentral.com/androi...ting-look-real It's just die-hard BB10 fans that hate the idea lol.
    Of course they are, all major mobile kings are know by the platform. Google with android, apple with apple, Microsoft with Nokia, and finally
    Blackberry with blackberry. I'm getting a slider regardless what it runs, but I plan on using my passport as my go to.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 07:38 PM
    Ya I find it hilarious that the BB10 CB fans are all crying and the android fanboys are all crazy into it. Thank goodness the android user base is much larger, BlackBerry can actually make a profit....

Q10 on 10.3.2.2204
    MO3iusONE, Witmen, dejanh and 3 others like this.
    08-24-15 07:42 PM
    Enough of this already. I want one now.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    08-24-15 07:55 PM
    Ner ner ner hypevisor space shuttle kernel

Posted via CB10
    Thud Hardsmack and CatDaddy like this.
    08-24-15 07:56 PM
    The only dealbreaker with android for me, is if doesn't come with the Hub. I would apreciate a less "toylike" look to the operative system, but I guess that could be fixed without a problem. But the Hub has to be there, otherwise I don't want the Android version.
    W1ck3D86 likes this.
    08-24-15 07:59 PM
    Eh... I'd rather them take a few more months to make sure it doesn't remind people of the Storm.

Posted via CB10
    It doesn't.

They will remind them of Torch more than Storm.

SECURED to the CORE RedBerryan PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 from Malaysia
    08-24-15 08:00 PM
    I mean... for many people, the Storm was the last bitter BlackBerry bite they had to swallow.
    08-24-15 08:58 PM
    Ner ner ner hypevisor space shuttle kernel

Posted via CB10
    [Video] Technobuffalo talks about Venice-hisss2.jpg

Hsssss!
    08-24-15 10:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    This just in, Venice slider to have sure press type feature.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    08-25-15 12:49 AM
    Absolutely! I've been a long time Android user and switched to BlackBerry when the Q10 arrived, now I have a Classic. I only switched to BlackBerry because Android Manufacturers didn't build QWERTY Sliders like the DROID 3 or the HTC Desire Z anymore.

I think BB10 is great but has many many limitations (esp. in customization). So I'm really looking forward to an Android Slider with the great BlackBerry features like the Hub, Calendar and Universal Search.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 01:43 AM
    I am not a die hard, but I simply don't like Android.
    So I do not really like the idea, if it means that I would need to buy an Android phone to have a BlackBerry.

I am much more inclined to go with iOS, simply because of my dislike for Android.

My biggest issue will be root access though. If I can't root the Venice without losing the warranty (something like an E-fuse comes to mind) the Z10 might have been my last BlackBerry

Did I ever mention that the current standard design for Android navigation buttons looks they were designed by 4 year olds.
    Basic geometric forms.... Like a circle to indicate the home button... Really? What's the link between a home button and a circle?
    Why is an isosceles triangle the definition of a back button?
    And who thought that it's a great idea to do away with an incoming call screen, to place an incoming call just below the notification bar (on 5+ inch phones, its even more intelligent....)
    I am so happy that HTC customised the eff out of their UI.

(I might buy a Passport just to show it to my future kids though. That something like the Passport ever existed, would surely be hard to believe for most teenagers in 15 years)
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 08-25-15 at 06:31 AM.
    08-25-15 06:20 AM
    While the Android hate was valid before lollipop I think Android is decent enough now. BB10 is still superior but Android isn't so bad now.

All the versions before lollipop I just hated.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 08:30 PM
    It doesn't.

They will remind them of Torch more than Storm.

SECURED to the CORE RedBerryan PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 from Malaysia
    It's apples "new" force touch tech that should remind everyone of the storm- but wont... it will be REVOLUTIONARY

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 09:27 PM
    The only dealbreaker with android for me, is if doesn't come with the Hub. I would apreciate a less "toylike" look to the operative system, but I guess that could be fixed without a problem. But the Hub has to be there, otherwise I don't want the Android version.
    This.

I wonder if BlackBerry would have an "amazon app store" type thing within android but a "BlackBerry World app store" populated with apps that pass their security scrutiny.

But it'd be nice to have a bb10 looking skin but with android's widgets and customisability. And of course the hub.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 12:02 AM
    A lot of Android users are. - The Android-powered BlackBerry Venice slider is starting to look real | Android Central It's just die-hard BB10 fans that hate the idea lol.
    Umm... You are also a fan of BB10. Right, Bla1ze?
    08-26-15 11:38 AM
    BBOS never matured..... few will miss BB10, as it seem they don't even know it exists.

Anyway that Project Tango really seemed interesting.... can see a number of uses for this in the professional world. Just wait till Google get done mapping the world with this technology.
    08-26-15 11:45 AM
    How's Kevin doing? lol
    08-26-15 12:04 PM
    BBOS never matured..... few will miss BB10, as it seem they don't even know it exists.

Anyway that Project Tango really seemed interesting.... can see a number of uses for this in the professional world. Just wait till Google get done mapping the world with this technology.
    How did BBOS not mature? BBOS not only matured, it married, had kids, got fat and slow, retired, started barking at anything new, was abandoned by his family and was eventually forced into palliative care.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 12:32 PM
    I'm not so sure.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 12:38 PM
    I see that we're quickly moving to the ad-hominem attack territory. Well done. Why don't we start questioning the entire existence of CrackBerry? Maybe they are really all pro-Android, BlackBerry haters. In fact, I think that it's time to start a new BlackBerry fan site, where the true blind fan loyalty can breed.

BlackBerry is a BlackBerry because of its design and functionality. It is not BlackBerry because of its OS. Who cares if it is running Android. If you want to spend your energy on something, focus on getting BlackBerry to understand that gestures are faster than button presses and hope that they listen. An Android with much of the same functionality present in BlackBerry 10 OS would be a fantastic device.
    08-26-15 12:42 PM
77 123 ...