Check out the Full John Chen Interview from Code/Mobile - BerryReporter.com

In case anyone is interested. He still isn't too up on the phone. Says phone is 5 and a quarter inches and the keyboard acts as a mouse (instead of trackpad).
    paul360 likes this.
    10-13-15 12:41 AM
    Thanks for the link. John Chen gave a good summary of what he is trying to accomplish at BlackBerry. Your comments about the screen size and keyboard aren't really relevant to the overall discussion.
    10-13-15 01:37 AM
    Says phone is 5 and a quarter inches and the keyboard acts as a mouse (instead of trackpad).
    If his statement is accurate, the screen size of PRIV by BlackBerry appears to be 5.25 inches . . . while people have been talking about 5.4 inches as in http://mobil.derstandard.at/20000230...-Android-phone .

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 11:40 AM
    In a previous interview, he said it was 5.5 inch screen. That's my point, he is all over the map with his statements which as led to all of these rumors and misinformation.
    10-13-15 01:13 PM
    The actual video does not seem as bad as the transcript.
    10-13-15 02:03 PM
    It may be that it's 5.25 inches when viewed vertically and 5.4 when you allow for the curved edges. I wouldn't quibble over 150 thousandths of an inch. We'll soon know for sure.
    10-13-15 02:04 PM
    Thanks for sharing and I watched the entire video and I think Mr Chen provided me with the insight I was looking for.

Now it's time to give us an official release date and price so I can look forward to buying a Priv.
    Last edited by bakron1; 10-13-15 at 03:02 PM.
    10-13-15 02:35 PM
    I have looked at larger photos which look closer to 5.25 than 5.5. That means it will be closer in size to the GS6 than the Phablets on the market.
    10-13-15 03:52 PM
    Which I consider a good thing. I don't want a monstrosity, it's a phone and phones should fit comfortably in one hand.

Posted via CB10
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    10-13-15 03:56 PM
    Seems to me that his previous "review" of the priv as well as this one is up to standard for a CEO. From our perspective showing off the priv like he did the first time seems a bit unprofessional, on the other hand he is suppose to lead an entire company which consist of various modules and entities, ofc he doesn't know that is running android, ofc he doesn't know by hart all the specs, the screen size and so on.
    Maybe he was not suppose to show the priv the fist time he did (even now when he showed it, there where no apps on the screen and I'm pretty sure it doesn't even have a sim in it), maybe he just wanted to create a wave and movement for the blackberry designed and produced phone that runs on android.
    It you take a step back you can't really blame the guy for the way he presented the priv the first time and how. Bottom line is that he created enough hype and interest to make us crave for a proper review, not to mention a release date and price.
    10-13-15 04:41 PM
    Scovik, I agree with what you've said, except that John Chen certainly does know the Priv is running Android, since he went to Android specifically for the apps. He's an engineer, not an accountant.
    10-13-15 05:43 PM
    Scovik, I agree with what you've said, except that John Chen certainly does know the Priv is running Android, since he went to Android specifically for the apps. He's an engineer, not an accountant.
    Indeed, he is an engineer but from what I saw in this interview he is a clever guy and open minded, that is why he said the things he said about the bb security and blackphone. The fact that he still shows the priv here and there without it being setup or referring to specs as top ones and good stuff doesn't mean he knows or doesn't know what he is actually talking about.
    Maybe it's not his thing to present the priv like the first thing ever invented like apple and jobs did with everything the iphone had. This are all speculations from my part but to be fairly honest I couldn't care less how he presented the priv as long as it will be out in a month with a decent price.
    10-14-15 04:48 AM
    Whatever it is, I'm sure we can agree that he can do better.
    Here at Crackberry we can give him the leeway but the general public or the tech sites weren't holding back. They will be comparing to how Apple, Google and Microsoft show off their products.

Go to twitter and search BlackBerry Priv when the first interview came out. A lot attention went to his presentation - words like cringfeast, cring worthy etc were used. Big negative.

Second interview at code/mobile he had to manage the viral press and reaction by writing an article.

Just goes to show he can't handle the PR side of the house.
    10-14-15 06:02 AM
    I do hope on the day that phone gets released John Chen will stay away from the whole presentation on that day he is not the smoothest of talkers
    He lacks style flair and adaptability BlackBerry definitely needs someone with transcendent skills.

''Splendiferousness'' is not even a word that I use to describe my passport
    Jonneh likes this.
    10-14-15 09:23 AM
    In a previous interview, he said it was 5.5 inch screen. That's my point, he is all over the map with his statements which as led to all of these rumors and misinformation.
    BlackBerry Android Phone - PRIV - Get Updates - Canada reads "Stunning 5.4” dual-curved screen" at last.

Video: Chen at Code Mobile-original_inout.png
    10-14-15 10:50 PM
    was that a beastly woman there lol, omg
    10-15-15 11:16 AM