Has anyone heard if video chat will work between a PRIV and a Z30 (BB 10 device)? One of the reasons I keep my family on BlackBerry is to have this feature. I'm considering getting a PRIV for my kid but probably won't if BBM video chat doesn't work. Thoughts???

Sorry for wasting y'alls time, found another thread on this topic. Disregard...
    09-29-15 09:20 AM
    I'm assuming BlackBerry will release the device with fully working BlackBerry apps like BBM.

But assumptions and BlackBerry don't go together very well often. No one even knows when the device will be out, Fall 2015 might mean Dec 31.

I wish Chen would atleast move the company towards setting hard dates and delivering on it. Too much to ask?
    09-29-15 09:26 AM
    Right now the Android version of BBM doesn't offer video chat. Unless they are planning a major upgrade to the android version of BBM to coincide with the release of the Shiv, it won't work.

I actually use BBM video chat a lot and have not really come to a conclusion on what to replace it with as BB10 is abandoned.
    10-06-15 07:18 AM
    Right now the Android version of BBM doesn't offer video chat. Unless they are planning a major upgrade to the android version of BBM to coincide with the release of the Shiv, it won't work.

I actually use BBM video chat a lot and have not really come to a conclusion on what to replace it with as BB10 is abandoned.
    This is probably a deal breaker for alot of BB10 operatives. In my situation Skype doesn't really offer the same quality. It's like looking thru a glass of water. BBM announced a few upgrades across platform yesterday, one of which includes the ability for ios users to send video within messages. I'm not tech savvy enough to understand if this moves BB a step closer to cross platform video chat. I have colleagues who are irritated that Facetime is not cross-platform and I'm sure Apples response is "go buy an iphone". BB should really try to make BBM video the cross platform video queen. Perhaps there are insurmountable technical hurdles?
    10-06-15 09:40 AM
    I don't care about cross platform BBM video chat for when the Priv is released but when he buy any BlackBerry then you should get BBM video included. As most have said this is one over the things people want to know.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 01:25 PM