Here's an issue I've seen several times now with the Priv video camera that I had hoped might have been fixed in the latest update:

Took a short one minute video of my son playing, pressed the stop button to finish recording. All great.

Next, took a ten minute video of my son playing, pressed the stop button and heard the beep confirmation, but the camera kept going (duration at top kept counting) and wouldn't stop despite pressing the stop button several more times and waiting for over a minute. Ended up exiting the camera app. Video had not been saved.

This seems to occur when longer videos, i.e. two minutes plus, are taken.

Verizon Wireless Priv running latest lollipop updates.

Can anyone else confirm this bug?
    06-01-16 05:56 PM
    I guess I have not taken any longer videos with the Priv.

Maybe later.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    06-01-16 09:03 PM
    Confirmed.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-01-16 10:46 PM
    Can NOT confirm for portaitmode 2:12min on 1080p30 and 2:30min on 720p30 saving to internal memory, filming daughter. Now even tried directly from phone locked mode, to slow SD Card 3min 720p60 in landscape.
    Well apart from filming a male child , any other options you took?

Have you tried clearing Camera app cache and force an app close once?

Offtopic: Now first time realised that videos are always more zoomed in then photo shots at start.
    Last edited by gizmo21; 06-02-16 at 12:17 AM.
    06-01-16 11:59 PM
    Can NOT confirm for portaitmode 2:12min on 1080p30 and 2:30min on 720p30 saving to internal memory, filming daughter. Now even tried directly from phone locked mode, to slow SD Card 3min 720p60 in landscape.
    Well apart from filming a male child , any other options you took?

Have you tried clearing Camera app cache and force an app close once?

Offtopic: Now first time realised that videos are always more zoomed in then photo shots at start.
    Sounds like you are using the lower video resolution which may be something to do with it? I record at 1080 30fps to SD card.

I'll try some other modes later and see if it's related.

It can be sporadic too, I tried two 4 min videos this morning. First didn't work and the second did.
    06-02-16 08:47 AM
    Have encountered the same issue for longer videos. Simply no way to press stop. Abandoning the app does cause video to be deleted/not saved.

On Verizon Priv with latest updates.
    06-02-16 10:57 AM
    did a ~9min video at my son's concert, had no problems, 1080p 24fps. MM T-Mobile tho so maybe it's a fix in the works?
    06-02-16 11:40 AM
    did a ~9min video at my son's concert, had no problems, 1080p 24fps. MM T-Mobile tho so maybe it's a fix in the works?
    I'm thinking this is a lollipop issue, which means us Verizon users are probably stuck with it until Christmas.
    06-02-16 03:50 PM
    are you saving to external SD card or internal storage?
    if external, are you able to reproduce if you switch to internal storage? it's possible that the SD card is slow, error-prone, or in bad shape, so it is taking a long time to write out the final headers. how long are you waiting before terminating the app?
    06-02-16 03:52 PM
    are you saving to external SD card or internal storage?
    if external, are you able to reproduce if you switch to internal storage? it's possible that the SD card is slow, error-prone, or in bad shape, so it is taking a long time to write out the final headers. how long are you waiting before terminating the app?
    Using the external SD so that is a possibility. Will run some tests set to internal.

The ten minute video I took of my son playing the other day I really wanted to keep, so I gave it almost two minutes to no avail.

The card I'm using is a Sony 64GB microSDXC class 10 UHS-1.
    06-03-16 01:53 PM