There will be more BB10 phones. Dont believe the noise! Why would you leave BB for Windows? Windows situation cant be better.
    BlackBerry has made its last BB10 phone. You have to realize that. BB10 is done.
    thinkinfinity likes this.
    10-06-15 03:48 PM
    There will be more BB10 phones. Dont believe the noise! Why would you leave BB for Windows? Windows situation cant be better.
    Because I can't stand android. Had iphone for years and then android for about 10 months before moving to BB10. BB10 is by far the best - i cannot stand android - it looks so amature on the phone and I spent my entire 10months looking for a proper email client which can do what bb10 does effortlessly!!
    That's the main reason I'm even considering lumia 950. Not a big fan of apps - so it shouldn't bother me too much.
    10-06-15 03:49 PM
    I don't know much about the Windows phones, but would it be the same as BB10 in that there will be no Google Play Services?

Posted via CB10
    Correct.
    From the frying pan into the fire.
    10-06-15 04:05 PM
    The Lumia running Windows 10 will have tons of PC apps, which could actually be better. There are also things like 'bluestacks' or whatever it's called, for running android apps on windows.

If a person has to maintain their Lumia 950 like a Windows 10 PC with security and cleaning tools, that's the only draw back really. The only devices that do not require any BS security layers of apps are BlackBerry 10 devices. Oh well, whatever.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 05:44 PM
    The Lumia running Windows 10 will have tons of PC apps, which could actually be better. There are also things like 'bluestacks' or whatever it's called, for running android apps on windows.

If a person has to maintain their Lumia 950 like a Windows 10 PC with security and cleaning tools, that's the only draw back really. The only devices that do not require any BS security layers of apps are BlackBerry 10 devices. Oh well, whatever.

Posted via CB10
    Windows 10 Mobile already has the native ability to run Android apps. There are loads of videos showing it from DP testers. But they suffer the same issue of no GPS as BB10 has.
    10-06-15 05:54 PM
    Windows 10 Mobile already has the native ability to run Android apps. There are loads of videos showing it from DP testers. But they suffer the same issue of no GPS as BB10 has.
    To be honest, not going to do that again.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-06-15 05:56 PM
    To be honest, not going to do that again.
    Oh, agreed. I was simply pointing out that Bluestacks wasn't strictly necessary if one wanted to use an Android app on WinMob10.
    10-06-15 06:00 PM
    I think windows 10 runs asteria so android apps won't be a problem.
    10-06-15 06:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    Lumia has a Snapdragon 810 and cannot run x86 programs, aka "PC apps". It can only run Windows 10 Universal apps.
    10-07-15 04:01 AM
    So far I don't see any automated/scheduled notification control in the windows phone or an app to accomplish it. The only thing I can find is that windows doesn't allow access to that part of the OS. Can anyone confirm that this is the case? That is one of the things that Blackberry does VERY well. Quiet hours is simply not sufficient.
    10-09-15 06:15 AM
    So far I don't see any automated/scheduled notification control in the windows phone or an app to accomplish it. The only thing I can find is that windows doesn't allow access to that part of the OS. Can anyone confirm that this is the case? That is one of the things that Blackberry does VERY well. Quiet hours is simply not sufficient.
    https://play.google.com/store/search...profile&c=apps

There's no shortage of that in the Play store.
    10-09-15 08:10 AM
    On Windows Phone 10, Android apps can be ported.
    Chris P. Bacon likes this.
    10-09-15 12:40 PM
    On Windows Phone 10, Android apps can be ported.
    A) as long as the developers do port and b) no side loading and c) runs as smoothly as a native app - no lag or other issues. Windows phone is then a viable option to replace my BB10 device.
    10-10-15 08:49 AM
    As far as I know, at least for Windows Phone 8.1. you cannot sideload an app. And the phone OS is sandboxed. For Windows Phone 10, I don't know, I don't have it yet.
    10-10-15 08:53 AM
    As far as I know, at least for Windows Phone 8.1. you cannot sideload an app. And the phone OS is sandboxed. For Windows Phone 10, I don't know, I don't have it yet.
    That was a lot of my understanding and concern. I can't deal with not having device control automated. I get that BB10 is likely gone, sadly. But I will bring my activities to Microsoft before I will bring them to Alphabet. I have WIN10 on my home devices and don't quite like that level of snooping but I will go kicking and screaming into that good night. It will take a massive groundswell from people to stop the spying. I only see sheeple unwilling, uninterested and uninvolved.
    10-10-15 02:59 PM
    That was a lot of my understanding and concern. I can't deal with not having device control automated. I get that BB10 is likely gone, sadly. But I will bring my activities to Microsoft before I will bring them to Alphabet. I have WIN10 on my home devices and don't quite like that level of snooping but I will go kicking and screaming into that good night. It will take a massive groundswell from people to stop the spying. I only see sheeple unwilling, uninterested and uninvolved.
    But Windows 10 wants to be all up in your business. We just got a new desktop, and I made the mistake of setting it up with my Hotmail/Outlook credentials. It was a bit too much for me!

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 04:25 PM
    But Windows 10 wants to be all up in your business. We just got a new desktop, and I made the mistake of setting it up with my Hotmail/Outlook credentials. It was a bit too much for me! Posted via CB10
    Yes. I agree. I set up a laptop without specific email/credentials. I set up a tablet WITH specific credentials. If you set it up to own it then it looks to own you.
    10-11-15 11:48 AM
    Now that we know the price of Priv (CAD900), wondering whther to get the priv or Lumia 950 for CAD750 and save some dollars. I really like Priv from what I've seen so far except it runs android which i hate. Torned between this and lumia which looks really attractive.

Please help me with your suggestions.
    10-27-15 03:33 PM
    Windows phones have no apps so if you like that then go for it.

Personally the only reason I have stuck with BlackBerry 10 is the Android runtime. Without that I would have left a long time ago.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    10-27-15 03:37 PM
44 12