11-11-15 10:21 AM
33 12
tools
    I downloaded this app whichever helps identify and kill the apps causing the heat:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dianxinos.dxbs

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-09-15 07:59 PM
    It was hot during the first hour of using it setting it up and downloading the apps. Then it cooled down and I never experienced it getting hot since the first time.

Posted via Priv
    11-09-15 08:02 PM
    I have been using mine since about 1:00PM CST. I picked it up from the AT&T store. It is VERY hot. It charges like it is on fire. I have tried quick charging and regular charging both make the phone hot. Also, after using the phone for a few minutes it gets very hot. It is really bad. I have been using Android for many years now and this is really not normal. I have rebooted the phone, updated all the blackberry apps (manually in the play store) and nothing is helping.

There is no updating going on in the background, it is all complete by now. It is cool and normal until I use it for a few minutes. Then it gets very hot. It gets hot all across the back and around the top and buttons. Sometimes it is so hot I can feel it through the screen.

This is a not a good start to this phone.
    Why don't you try to get a pack of ice and put your phone in it?

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 08:04 PM
    In most of my regular use I don't have any heat issues, but the phone definitely starts overheating when updating multiple apps in succession - to the point where animations start lagging significantly as I browse Google Play. Multitasking seems to heat it up too, though I haven't noticed a performance impact in those scenarios yet. Really odd behaviour, especially for a Snapdragon 808.
    11-09-15 08:13 PM
    Oh yeah. This thing gets very hot! I imagine it is related to the poor battery life I am experiencing.

Proudly PRIVateering since 2015.
    11-09-15 09:03 PM
    Yes. It heats up a lot while updating and while charging.

Proudly PRIVateering since 2015.
    11-09-15 09:08 PM
    BlackBerry needs to resolve this, it is not normal to android, I have several, yes they heat up, but not to this extent, the forums are full of this complaint, it can't be that we are all overeacting.
    11-11-15 03:58 AM
    No issue with mine. It will warm up when working hard like downloading a large data base. That is normal.

BlackBerry Priv.
    Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-11-15 10:21 AM
33 12