Anyone else have a very hot device?

While charging and also when I am using it for a solid session of 10 mins, the device is hot in the back.

Want to compare to everyone else's experience.
    11-06-15 08:10 PM
    Mine was hot for a bit but then it cooled down.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Blackberry Priv
    11-06-15 08:13 PM
    Sounds like Android induced nuking. Try turning off the phone for a minute then restarting it.

My Note does this from time to time. It's a software process that gets stuck and the hardware processor starts working overtime causing the heat.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Brian Beaudoin likes this.
    11-06-15 08:14 PM
    Mine was too, then it settled in by the evening. Still has some warmth, but it is lesser and lesser after a while, almost don't notice it now.
    11-06-15 08:14 PM
    Mine was hot for a bit but then it cooled down.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Blackberry Priv
    I think when a new device boots up and downloads stuff, heat does get generated
    Sparksx likes this.
    11-06-15 08:15 PM
    It's the fast charging I guess. My note 5 also gets hot if fast charging switched on.
    11-06-15 08:16 PM
    My passport used to get smoking hot but then after the next OS update it stopped.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 08:17 PM
    Thanks, only had it for a few hours and was doing the full setup and initial poking around.

Will see how it goes after a few reboots and settling in.

How about when charging, how hot for everyone?
    11-06-15 08:18 PM
    My Priv has taken a few hours to settle in and work correctly. Remember some things are updating in the background which will cause a slow down it took over two hours to catch up.
    Sparksx likes this.
    11-06-15 08:22 PM
    I don't know, mine continues to get hot after about 10-15 minutes use. I've had it set up since around 12pm today and its cool until I start using it then it really gets hot.
    moneymatt05 likes this.
    11-06-15 08:44 PM
    Cool, hopefully we can all update after a full day and beyond to see if there are improvements
    11-06-15 08:45 PM
    I have been using mine since about 1:00PM CST. I picked it up from the AT&T store. It is VERY hot. It charges like it is on fire. I have tried quick charging and regular charging both make the phone hot. Also, after using the phone for a few minutes it gets very hot. It is really bad. I have been using Android for many years now and this is really not normal. I have rebooted the phone, updated all the blackberry apps (manually in the play store) and nothing is helping.

There is no updating going on in the background, it is all complete by now. It is cool and normal until I use it for a few minutes. Then it gets very hot. It gets hot all across the back and around the top and buttons. Sometimes it is so hot I can feel it through the screen.

This is a not a good start to this phone.
    11-06-15 09:05 PM
    curious the reviewers never really mentioned the heat issue, almost none of them, even the scathing ones. I am guessing software then? optimization? review units and for sale units have some differences? very weird.

Hope others can chime in.
    11-06-15 09:08 PM
    It will normalize after some hours, keep In mind the device needs to sync, index and most important encrypt all the data on the device internal storage, external card needs to be indexed too.

This all takes time, and depending on how much that info is, it can be awhile

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    Sparksx likes this.
    11-06-15 09:09 PM
    Any continuous use for 10 mins or so mine gets very warm.
    11-06-15 09:11 PM
    I know that on android or any smartphone email sync issues can cause excessive heat. So far after updating my apps and whatnot and letting the email sync for a while $y phone doesn't get that hot anymore

11-06-15 09:11 PM
    Very hot. I'll see if this changes after its done syncing.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 09:12 PM
    I only have 1 email account set up and it's set at 30 days of past emails. Syncing is done. The phone gets hot when you use it, period.
    11-06-15 09:13 PM
    curious the reviewers never really mentioned the heat issue, almost none of them, even the scathing ones. I am guessing software then? optimization? review units and for sale units have some differences? very weird.

Hope others can chime in.
    How about users take a few days to let the device settle in before jumping to conclusions.
    11-06-15 09:17 PM
    My Priv gets super hot playing android games like Hayday, fallout shelter etc... For around 3-5 mins and if I stay on for 10 mins it gets superrr hot... Don't think that's a good thing but what can I do...?

11-06-15 09:19 PM
    I only have 1 email account set up and it's set at 30 days of past emails. Syncing is done. The phone gets hot when you use it, period.
    That's odd. I have multiple exchange accounts set to push along with calender subscription and it's not hot. Did you update the BlackBerry apps? If you're not sure go into the play store and search for it then see if it says update

11-06-15 09:20 PM
    I have turned off advanced 4G LTE services on the phone to see if that helps with the heat. It says it enables HD voice and enhanced communications over the cellular network. It seems like it is not getting as hot now. I am on wifi so I don't think it was using that for data (unless they have a hidden feature like Apple and Samsung to switch to LTE on a "bad" wifi connection).

I will report back. My phone is with AT&T.
    11-06-15 09:36 PM
    Priv is hot, yes. Hot device. Very popular.

Posted via CB10
    Sleepy_ER_Dr likes this.
    11-06-15 10:02 PM
    Cool, hopefully we can all update after a full day and beyond to see if there are improvements
    This appears to be a widespread problem from comments from "Average Joes" to tech sites. This may be a internal processor that generates alot of heat. My Z30 has been cool since day 1. I have a Nokia 925 Windows phone that heated up since it was new and eventually would lock up on me. I used the Nokia just for the camera because it is superior to Z30's camera. I had an android years back that heated up when it was new and eventually would freeze up also. I hope this work out for the Priv owners. I held off on buying the PRIV.
    11-06-15 10:22 PM
    I've had my Priv since Friday and it still gets very hot when using the device. Whether using Google Maps, downloading apps, or playing a game for 5 minutes, it gets so hot I can't even hold the phone anymore. The battery life is horrible too. I'm not sure if there is an issue when any apps are running that something else in the background is making the CPU process extra cycles which in turn also eats up the battery. Leaving the phone unplugged overnight (about 11 hours) the battery only dropped 4%, but playing a game for 5 minutes the battery will drop 4%. Not good. I hope it's just a software issue and BlackBerry will soon issue a patch.
    11-09-15 05:06 PM
33 12