Someone linked me to the best selling devices on Verizon (not sure what other filters were used), but thought it was noteworthy that I counted it to be at 12.

I remember reading here it was at 18 and someone joked "probably only above the Classic and Passport" . Guess it moved up over a few more :-)

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-24-16 07:49 PM
    is this the Priv being 12th best seller? of what period of time though
    03-24-16 08:11 PM
    is this the Priv being 12th best seller? of what period of time though
    I have no idea, but a week or so ago I was reading on here and someone mentioned it was #18 and another joked probably just above the Classic and Passport...

I guess my point was that the Priv has moved up several spots if the link was correct. I have no reason to believe that the Priv is not doing well since during the last CC, Chen stated he'd expect a Priv price drop around February which has yet to happen.

03-25-16 01:53 AM
    I have no idea, but a week or so ago I was reading on here and someone mentioned it was #18 and another joked probably just above the Classic and Passport...

I guess my point was that the Priv has moved up several spots if the link was correct. I have no reason to believe that the Priv is not doing well since during the last CC, Chen stated he'd expect a Priv price drop around February which has yet to happen.

good point. u still have the link?
    03-25-16 10:34 AM
    good point. u still have the link?
    Just check it out here: the last item on the first page
    Smartphones | Verizon Wireless
    laid-back likes this.
    03-25-16 11:37 AM
    Just check it out here: the last item on the first page
    Smartphones | Verizon Wireless
    Cause that Galaxy Core Prime is a huge hit

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Berrydroid
    03-25-16 05:57 PM
    The Priv sales were likely never expected to be mind blowing out of the gate. I think it's more of a longer term project with the Priv passing with flying colors as their first attempt.

I think the intention was to have sales grow more slowly over time as opposed to out of the gate, runaway success.

Remember, the Priv is still new and still being launched in markets around the world.

I wonder how it will do in Japan though. I know Japanese people like inexpensive flip phones and flip phones are still the most popular devices in Japan and other Asian markets.

Perhaps Japanese users will appreciate the hardware keyboard and slider mechanism because it's a mechanism slightly similar to a flip mechanism. That's a long shot though, considering how expensive the Priv is and how Japanese folks seem to prefer cheaper phones and perhaps augment the experience with a tablet.

BlackBerry has also never been popular in Japan, so there's that too.

03-27-16 08:28 PM