I've noticed this update really killed battery life. I had to charge at work today.

Also VLC can't seem to find any media on my sd card
    11-14-16 01:35 PM
    I've noticed this update really killed battery life. I had to charge at work today.

Also VLC can't seem to find any media on my sd card
    Battery life is not as good as I hoped it would be. I'm concerned that it might have taken a slight turn for the worse. It might be an app that isn't fully compatible with MM. But there's been times I've noticed it's been better. Keeping an eye on this one.
    11-14-16 02:46 PM
    Mine seems to have settled down around 15 hours with heavy SOT. Impressed, but then again, I was getting about the same pre MM.
    11-14-16 02:50 PM
    Battery life is not as good as I hoped it would be. I'm concerned that it might have taken a slight turn for the worse. It might be an app that isn't fully compatible with MM. But there's been times I've noticed it's been better. Keeping an eye on this one.
    Loaded mine night before last and I am getting worse battery life with MM than before update. I'm hoping it needs to settle down.

I also get an error on restart. "Waze isn't responding". I have Waze app but havnt loaded it since update.
    Last edited by baspeed; 11-14-16 at 05:20 PM.
    11-14-16 03:56 PM
    Battery life for myself has been a lot better, I'm an above average user and I used to top off around lunch time to get me from about 50 percent (6 hours worth) and I've noticed I'm about 70 percent around 2 now. I'm still at 25 percent and it's been 13 hours off charge.

And after about 6 months of missing the "quick smart share" feature of bb10, I'm really happy to see Google adopted it in marshmallow, really fast to share stuff with my favorite peeps.

Other than that, I tell you I really thought my life would change for the better with this update... not. So. Much. :-D
    11-14-16 06:01 PM
    I have had this issue when staying at certain hotels or resorts. I would have data while out and about. When I returned to the room, I could not get any connections. While supposedly on data, it would not work and I had to log into the resort system for wifi. What upset me was that the second resort it happened at, I could never get data from the phone (as opposed to wifi) and I wanted a secure connection to book a shuttle and pay with credit card. Even rebooting did not work. Nor did deleting that wifi account. It was sort of locked out completely from using cell data. Very odd. I even posted about it a few months ago. Something about data limbo or similar.
    I am still trying to get it to work. I called vzw and they reset my network provisioning, I reset the network settings, booted is safe mode, and replaced the Sim card. Same problem. Called BlackBerry PRIV support and went thru their list of troubleshooting steps. Strangely, as we were testing email, Internet, etc the mobile data just turned on. So we got nowhere because it won't connect this morning until I reboot.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-15-16 04:38 AM
    Finally got HD Calling to work. Didn't have to call VW. So far battery life is disappointing. Anyone who's wiped and installed the update have any better results? I'm starting to wonder if that might help me here.
    11-16-16 09:20 AM
    Finally got HD Calling to work. Didn't have to call VW. So far battery life is disappointing. Anyone who's wiped and installed the update have any better results? I'm starting to wonder if that might help me here.
    I did the factory reset, then autoloader route. I *think* my battery life is better. However, I normally top off after lunch since I'm at my desk for a while and have a Quick Charger there. But a couple days I've not had that option and I've been ok by the end of the night, whereas before I might be in the red if that happened.

The only problems I've had with the update so far were 2 BB apps that refused to update, but that seemed to work itself out in the Play store because they are fine now.
    11-16-16 09:44 AM
    Loaded mine night before last and I am getting worse battery life with MM than before update. I'm hoping it needs to settle down.

I also get an error on restart. "Waze isn't responding". I have Waze app but havnt loaded it since update.
    A few restarts probably won't hurt either. I had a few bugs that worked themselves out after a few reboots.
    11-16-16 09:45 AM
    I've noticed after the update: When phone is in do not disturb mode(total silence) and a message or email comes in, the red led is not blinking to let me know I received a message. Prior to the update it was not doing that and even though the phone was in do not disturb I would get the led notifications. Am I doing something wrong or is there possibly a setting I have turned off.
    11-16-16 10:00 AM
    I've noticed after the update: When phone is in do not disturb mode(total silence) and a message or email comes in, the red led is not blinking to let me know I received a message. Prior to the update it was not doing that and even though the phone was in do not disturb I would get the led notifications. Am I doing something wrong or is there possibly a setting I have turned off.
    I think that they have changed a couple of things in do not disturb. Total do not disturb is completely off. Perhaps try priority mode. That might work better for you. Then again, I could be incorrect.
    11-16-16 10:40 AM
    I did a complete wipe then autoloader. My battery life has been phenomenal since MM. Night and day.

I'm getting close to twice the battery life than I was before the update. It's been better than I could have imagined.
    john_v likes this.
    11-16-16 11:49 AM
    I also wiped out and used the autoloader. Battery life is doin really well since the upgrade.
    john_v likes this.
    11-16-16 12:00 PM
    Still can't get HD Voice to enable, though I haven't had battery issues. Thinking about using the autoloader without disabling the wipe. No doubt that will fix it. The problem is I've been saving everything locally on the phone and synchronizing very little with Google, so I'm going to have to figure out how to backup and restore all of that, or else bite the bullet and figure out how to sync it with Google.
    11-16-16 12:43 PM
    You can back a lot up to Verizon and just leave Google out of it. I don't like the cloud but once you get done and restore stuff you can go back to Verizon and delete it all, shut the cloud back down
    bibbula likes this.
    11-16-16 01:21 PM
    I tried all the various suggestions on this and other forums to get WiFi and HD calling working , ended up using the autoloader. All working now. Took a while to set everything back up but all working well and battery life is great
    bibbula likes this.
    11-16-16 05:44 PM
    Wiped, then updated OTA. Battery life is very good. Think I'm experiencing sevice issues similar to AT&T phones even though I'm on Verizon. In the middle of a texting convo yesterday, logged into public WiFi, then started having issues sending and receiving texts. Signal started to drop to 0-1 bars. Anyone else have this happen?
    11-17-16 09:49 AM
    You can back a lot up to Verizon and just leave Google out of it. I don't like the cloud but once you get done and restore stuff you can go back to Verizon and delete it all, shut the cloud back down
    This is working very well for everything but calendar data. That's the only thing keeping me from biting the bullet. But thanks for the suggestion; this has gotten me 90% there.
    11-17-16 01:16 PM
    Sounds like the best course of action here is to wipe and start over. Something I think I can do over the weekend. It must be a compatibility issue between and app and the OS.
    11-17-16 03:49 PM
    Ugh . . After waiting so long I don't know if I'll be able to keep this phone . . Signal at my house is 1x, was always high 3g of low 4g on my turbo 2
    i was afraid of that , a lot of newer phones have the same reception issue
    just curios any improvement after settling down ?
    11-17-16 04:25 PM
    i was afraid of that , a lot of newer phones have the same reception issue
    just curios any improvement after settling down ?
    Not that any one wants more expense but I would consider a WeBoost, especially as you say newer phones seem to have fewer bars showing.
    11-17-16 09:20 PM
    Not that any one wants more expense but I would consider a WeBoost, especially as you say newer phones seem to have fewer bars showing.
    my cars system come with something similar ,but what about when i'm not driving , iphone 6 and 7 it's one of the worst ,lg does a little better BB 10 is the best but useless now ,samsung it's not an option for me
    i was hopping i can try priv but i guess not , now still waiting for a redesign verizon passport
    11-17-16 10:29 PM
    Still can't get HD Voice to enable, though I haven't had battery issues. Thinking about using the autoloader without disabling the wipe. No doubt that will fix it. The problem is I've been saving everything locally on the phone and synchronizing very little with Google, so I'm going to have to figure out how to backup and restore all of that, or else bite the bullet and figure out how to sync it with Google.
    I had to do a factory reset.
    bibbula and ajblakely like this.
    11-17-16 11:02 PM
    I had to do a factory reset.
    So I bit the bullet and did it and boy do I wish I'd done this sooner. Phone is even faster and cooler running than before. Also, I now have HD Voice and WiFi Calling. I solved the backing up of calendar items with an app called Calendar Import-Export from Sufficiently Secure. That seems to have gone perfectly as far as I can tell thus far. I highly recommend a factory reset then using the autoloader.
    Even setting everything up again has been kind of fun, though I wouldn't want to do this often.
    FF22 and ajblakely like this.
    11-18-16 02:02 PM
    This is working very well for everything but calendar data. That's the only thing keeping me from biting the bullet. But thanks for the suggestion; this has gotten me 90% there.
    The app super backup pro will backup calendars
    FF22 and bibbula like this.
    11-18-16 03:58 PM
929 ... 3435363738