you can test short code texting by texting "help" to 40404. That is Twitter's short code and regardless of whether you use Twitter, you should get a response.
    I got a response stating that I was following a user, so I guess it works
    FF22 and 00stryder like this.
    11-04-16 05:26 PM
    you can test short code texting by texting "help" to 40404. That is Twitter's short code and regardless of whether you use Twitter, you should get a response.
    Well, that worked on my ShopBB, T-mobile simmed Priv but since I don't have a text allowance I won't waste my $0.10 on trying it on Verizon.
    11-04-16 05:28 PM
    Well, that worked on my ShopBB, T-mobile simmed Priv but since I don't have a text allowance I won't waste my $0.10 on trying it on Verizon.
    Doesnt do anything on my VZW priv
    FF22 likes this.
    11-04-16 05:29 PM
    I believe it's 20 cents on Verizon.
    FF22, 00stryder and zephyr613 like this.
    11-04-16 07:08 PM
    I believe it's 20 cents on Verizon.
    Thanks a lot!!!! I guess I should check the bill. Maybe 4 or 5 texts per year. They did include texts when I got the global package for Portugal this past June.

Damn, you are right they are 20 cents per message. I"m being ripped off!
    Last edited by F2; 11-04-16 at 07:35 PM.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    11-04-16 07:19 PM
    Anyone got anything good? I'm trying to be patient here
    11-06-16 08:01 PM
    Anyone got anything good? I'm trying to be patient here
    I've got some chocolate cake! What more could you want?
    SteelGreek likes this.
    11-06-16 08:27 PM
    I've got some chocolate cake! What more could you want?
    I've got some cognac to follow it.
    FF22 and SteelGreek like this.
    11-06-16 08:29 PM
    I've got some cognac to follow it.
    Chocolate cake and cognac? I thought we we waiting for the M release, not the C.
    ggendel likes this.
    11-06-16 08:32 PM
    Chocolate cake and cognac? I thought we we waiting for the M release, not the C.
    It's been so long waiting for Marshmallow that we've had to look for other desserts.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-06-16 08:46 PM
    Finally got the update, I'm in Indiana. Been running for 24 hours now and things seem pretty snappy. Battery life has been noticeably better for me as well. I ran into something I hadn't ever noticed before... Is there a way to change the digital clock widget on the home screen to black? I recently changed a background that puts the time, date, and alarm info directly in a light area of the background pic. I couldn't find anything in the options or when I try to add a new widget. Am I stuck to finding a new place on my homescreen for my clock?
    FF22 likes this.
    11-10-16 02:05 PM
    Finally got the update, I'm in Indiana. Been running for 24 hours now and things seem pretty snappy. Battery life has been noticeably better for me as well. I ran into something I hadn't ever noticed before... Is there a way to change the digital clock widget on the home screen to black? I recently changed a background that puts the time, date, and alarm info directly in a light area of the background pic. I couldn't find anything in the options or when I try to add a new widget. Am I stuck to finding a new place on my homescreen for my clock?
    I don't think you can get rid of it - try moving it to a screen you don't plan on using (like a 3rd pane or something like that). I only use two screens for my apps so that might work.
    11-10-16 04:27 PM
    you could look for a 3rd party clock widget in the play store that might allow more options
    FF22 likes this.
    11-10-16 04:36 PM
    I use a widget called DIGI clock settings. Has a bunch of fonts and can customize to any color.
    sreidenb likes this.
    11-11-16 07:57 AM
    I've updated to Marshmallow on my PRIV from Verizon.

When I try to activate WiFi calling (Settings > Advanced Calling > Activate Wi-Fi Calling), I get the following error almost immediately:

"Unable to activate Wi-Fi calling at this time. Please try again later."

This has been happening since I updated to MM on Tuesday, and it happens every time. I've called VZW and they've confirmed that my account is provisioned correctly. The Advanced Calling option is on, and HD Voice is working.

Anyone else having trouble? Any ideas?
    bibbula likes this.
    11-11-16 10:44 AM
    I called Verizon and they had to turn off my advanced calling. I then turned the feature on in settings and it worked properly
    FF22, bluesqueen23 and bibbula like this.
    11-11-16 10:59 AM
    Can someone confirm that the built-in Android SIP dialer that we used to have on Verizon PRIVs with Lollipop is gone now in Marshmallow? I can't seem to find it anymore! I think it used to be under Phone > Settings > Calls > Account, but it's not there anymore.
    11-11-16 11:39 AM
    I called Verizon and they had to turn off my advanced calling. I then turned the feature on in settings and it worked properly
    You can turn this off in the app or online in your account overview.
    11-11-16 12:10 PM
    You can turn this off in the app or online in your account overview.
    This hasn't worked for me after several tries. Will report back when I have time to call Verizon support.
    11-11-16 06:00 PM
    When I try to activate WiFi calling (Settings > Advanced Calling > Activate Wi-Fi Calling), I get the following error almost immediately:

"Unable to activate Wi-Fi calling at this time. Please try again later."
    Solved.

I had previously disabled all of the Verizon crapware apps. Apparently, the Verizon Login app must be enabled in order to activate and use WiFi Calling.

Settings > Apps > 3-dot menu > Show system > Verizon Login > Enable

Then WiFi calling can be activated the regular way: Settings > Advanced Calling > Wi-Fi Calling

I hopes this helps somebody else. VZ tech support was entirely unhelpful.
    FF22, bluesqueen23 and Nephthys like this.
    11-14-16 11:20 AM
    It has been mentioned in a few other threads but VVM is finally available.
    12-08-16 05:30 AM
5,246 ... 208209210