Verizon priv photo leak-privvzw.png

YES YES! Verizon peeps! We just need to wait.
    WT44, ptpete, TERDIE and 2 others like this.
    10-30-15 12:20 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	privvzw.PNG 
Views:	4179 
Size:	636.3 KB 
ID:	378215

YES YES! Verizon peeps! We just need to wait.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post12029152

Someone beat ya to it- I'm as excited as you are though!
    architectyuan likes this.
    10-30-15 12:33 PM
    haha i hope verizon will give us a exclusive silver edition Priv on VZW!!!
    10-30-15 12:44 PM
    Lol I was getting ready to post it myself. Saw it over on Android central

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 12:48 PM
    Just don't know if this is a test unit or a sign of it coming to Verizon. We need BlackBerry or Verizon to say so directly.
    10-30-15 01:15 PM
    i dont want to be a party pooper but even the original version would work on verizon as long as it has 4g signal in the area
    lift likes this.
    10-30-15 01:35 PM
    i dont want to be a party pooper but even the original version would work on verizon as long as it has 4g signal in the area
    No.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    10-30-15 01:50 PM
    Posted to track

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 01:52 PM
    Just don't know if this is a test unit or a sign of it coming to Verizon. We need BlackBerry or Verizon to say so directly.
    Yep, I'm really surprised that we are a week away from the "official launch" and yet BB hasn't even come out with at least an effin press release saying what carriers in the US are getting it. They should have done that by now. Really a joke how they are handling this.
    cbzeduser and WWBlondieDo like this.
    10-30-15 01:55 PM
    Posted to track

Posted via CB10
    Pro tip: subscribe to thread instead, next time.

Posted via CB10
    zephyr613 and BerryRipe like this.
    10-30-15 01:56 PM
    Yep, I'm really surprised that we are a week away from the "official launch" and yet BB hasn't even come out with at least an effin press release saying what carriers in the US are getting it. They should have done that by now. Really a joke how they are handling this.
    They never really do, it's just kinda one of those things now. I think BlackBerry wishes they could just forget the US market. Whenever they do announce the carriers it always seems like they just blurt it out and rush to not be asked any particular questions. (like when and who)

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 01:57 PM
    Pre-Orders are being made right now for shop BlackBerry only, there haven't been any announcements from BlackBerry about carriers anywhere in the world. Only the carriers themselves have let it be know that they will be carrying the device, blame them.
    10-30-15 02:02 PM
    Pre-Orders are being made right now for shop BlackBerry only, there haven't been any announcements from BlackBerry about carriers anywhere in the world. Only the carriers themselves have let it be know that they will be carrying the device, blame them.
    No, I blame BB.
    10-30-15 02:06 PM
    This could just be any Priv with a Verizon sim card
    Proves absolutely nothing apart from the fact that Privs support the Verizon network, which we already knew
    lift likes this.
    10-30-15 02:22 PM
    They never really do, it's just kinda one of those things now. I think BlackBerry wishes they could just forget the US market. Whenever they do announce the carriers it always seems like they just blurt it out and rush to not be asked any particular questions. (like when and who)

Posted via CB10
    Honestly I doubt they don't care about the US market. Its huge, lots of potential money here and millions of customers. I think BB is at a point of trying to protect or rebuild its partnerships with the big 4, mainly Verizon. BB may be seen by Verizon as a liability with their tarnished name. I think BB wants enterprise sales and primarily wants to get their software back in the business side of things. Which is why they are not taking matters into their own hands but are being reserved and allowing Verizon to keep them down. Dont upset big red, right?

This "launch" has been abysmal. There is no reason to protect BB in this. It was poor marketing and adaptation that got them into this point and continuing the trend will not get them out. Time to get with it BB.
    10-30-15 02:23 PM
    Yeah, it's concerning.

I just went over to AndroidCentral...

There is a big ad for the Nexus 6 on the front page saying that it is the only Android phone to buy if you are concerned about security.

A little further down the page is a story/press release from AT&T saying that AT&T will now be accepting pre-orders for LG's new V10 Android phone, which will be available in AT&T stores on Nov. 6th (the same day as the Priv launch!). LG definitely seems to be able to coordinate their launches with AT&T more effectively than Blackberry.
    10-30-15 02:35 PM
    Yeah, it's concerning.

There is a big ad for the Nexus 6 on the front page saying that it is the only Android phone to buy if you are concerned about security.

A little further down the page is a story/press release from AT&T saying that AT&T will now be accepting pre-orders for LG's new V10 Android phone, which will be available in AT&T stores on Nov. 6th (the same day as the Priv launch!). LG definitely seems to be able to coordinate their launches with AT&T more effectively than Blackberry.
    Good points.

I think BB feels the best way to become relevant again is through enterprise sales. BUT Joe Corporate CEO doesn't even know BB exist anymore. If BB think Verizon is going to start selling 1000's of BB's to some corporation I've got a bridge to sell them. Cell phone sales in the US are changing to the European way. The fact that Verizon still has the leverage they do sucks but it wont last much longer. Nexus devices have two model numbers. One model of the nexus will work correctly on any US provider. Sill Blackberry is potentially going to have 6 or more models when all said in done, for the black Priv. Silly guys.

For me, I think the only way forward for BB is to RE-establish themselves. I honestly believe the Priv is one awesome phone. I think its grabbing a lot of attention, and rightfully so. Getting it into the hands of potential users is another thing. Verizon is not going to help BB become relevant again. They don't have to burn bridges either. I hope going forward, BB simplify their production by creating less model numbers, and just tells consumers to buy it if they like it. One of the most attractive things about the Nexus devices is that I can take it to anyone, so if I'm not in a contract and a competitor comes out with a better plan, I simply move. No equipment cost or rental fees. Verizon is still trying to keep their customers attached to them.
    10-30-15 02:46 PM
    Yeah, it's concerning.

It's amazing how AT&T keeps announcing all these new phones they're going to carry, and Verizon's current line up is antiquated. If you don't want the iPhone or the S6, choices are abysmal.
    10-30-15 03:17 PM
    It's amazing how AT&T keeps announcing all these new phones they're going to carry, and Verizon's current line up is antiquated. If you don't want the iPhone or the S6, choices are abysmal.
    I guess you missed the announcement this week? Two new Moto phones on Verizon....

What does AT&T have that you feel Verizon would be able to sell millions of.... other than the full Galaxy lineup and the iPhone lineup?
    10-30-15 03:29 PM
    Good points.

I think BB feels the best way to become relevant again is through enterprise sales. BUT Joe Corporate CEO doesn't even know BB exist anymore. If BB think Verizon is going to start selling 1000's of BB's to some corporation I've got a bridge to sell them. Cell phone sales in the US are changing to the European way. The fact that Verizon still has the leverage they do sucks but it wont last much longer. Nexus devices have two model numbers. One model of the nexus will work correctly on any US provider. Sill Blackberry is potentially going to have 6 or more models when all said in done, for the black Priv. Silly guys.

For me, I think the only way forward for BB is to RE-establish themselves. I honestly believe the Priv is one awesome phone. I think its grabbing a lot of attention, and rightfully so. Getting it into the hands of potential users is another thing. Verizon is not going to help BB become relevant again. They don't have to burn bridges either. I hope going forward, BB simplify their production by creating less model numbers, and just tells consumers to buy it if they like it. One of the most attractive things about the Nexus devices is that I can take it to anyone, so if I'm not in a contract and a competitor comes out with a better plan, I simply move. No equipment cost or rental fees. Verizon is still trying to keep their customers attached to them.
    I agree. Looking at Blackberry's management team, it's mostly people with experience in the B2B environment. With people bringing their own devices to work, Blackberry needs to focus on driving demand and sales from the consumer rather than the corporate side.

Given the experience with trying to sell the BB10 devices, I don't understand why Blackberry haven't been more focused on working with the carriers to market the Priv at the point of sale - it seems as though the device may end up launching without any carrier support at all.
    10-30-15 04:41 PM
    I think BB feels the best way to become relevant again is through enterprise sales. BUT Joe Corporate CEO doesn't even know BB exist anymore. If BB think Verizon is going to start selling 1000's of BB's to some corporation I've got a bridge to sell them. Cell phone sales in the US are changing to the European way.
    As a network engineer, I can attest to the fact that Joe Corporate absolutely DOES know about Blackberry. Especially since BYOD has grown in popularity. The corporate customer is exactly the demographic that Blackberry will be marketing to. The consumer customer will be the gravy.

Even though we all may want cell phone sales in the US to change to the European way, there is no indication that it's actually happening. Has Verizon dumped CDMA? Has Sprint? Has US Cellular? This protocol is firmly rooted.
    10-30-15 04:56 PM
    As a network engineer, I can attest to the fact that Joe Corporate absolutely DOES know about Blackberry. Especially since BYOD has grown in popularity. The corporate customer is exactly the demographic that Blackberry will be marketing to. The consumer customer will be the gravy.

Even though we all may want cell phone sales in the US to change to the European way, there is no indication that it's actually happening. Has Verizon dumped CDMA? Has Sprint? Has US Cellular? This protocol is firmly rooted.
    Even with those shower and tattoo photo ads they're blasting?
    10-30-15 05:09 PM

First off, I can tell you directly that I personally know people that work within Verizon in B2B sales in a very large market. They were the first people I called when I found out the Priv was official. Each of there responses were along the lines of "who cares" and "are they still around"? I'm not kidding. By the way, I was in the industry for over 10 years at a number of different carriers, I understand some aspects of this.

Corporations are creating more secure ways to use iPhones and Android devices with better security so that users can just use their own phones. Small and medium size businesses do not want to front that kind of money plus users dont want to carry multiple devices. I really dont think B2B sales are going to save BB, just not that type of world anymore. Maybe 3-5 years ago had they made this change, maybe.

Your point about CDMA does not change the fact of what I was saying. I agree, its HUGE here in the US which is EXACTLY why BB should have just built it into the device. I think we will slowly if not even somewhat quickly see a shift to companies going after the nexus model of creating phones. No bloat, sale your phone directly, activate it on any network.

Hell, If I am buy an UN-subsidized phone, why the heck do I have to buy it from the carrier and why do I have to also purchase a full price phone that can only be used on one provider. People are rebelling against that practice and BB is participating in it, thus, many non-typical BB people may refuse to buy the phone for that reason alone. If Verizon didnt have so much coverage, and T-mobiles network were better, people would leave Verizon. I dont know the timeline here, but I'm pretty sure manufacturers are going to flock to the unlocked model.
    10-30-15 05:21 PM
    I think the reason why AT&T or BB havnt made a formal announcement is because the Priv won't be available for a couple more weeks. I bet next week we will get a formal announcement and preorder for AT&T
    10-30-15 05:38 PM
    No.
    Yes, you would get LTE.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 05:54 PM
70 123