My PRIV is an awesome phone. But now it just runs slow lags so bad it's time to move on. Want a Blackberry. But there is no choices.
    03-12-18 07:49 PM
    Buy a Verizon compatible KEYone. Closest you'll get for now.
    bibbula and GR9930 like this.
    03-12-18 07:52 PM
    I would wait until BlackBerry to release next PKB device. Keyone is nearly a year old now so i wouldn't recommend it especially if you're concerned about the performance.
    GR9930 and Jo Erne like this.
    03-12-18 08:18 PM
    I took the plunge and replaced my PRIV For a KeyOne a week ago. This KeyOne is awesome. I was at the airport watching people scramble to find a power outlet to charge and I realized that with the great battery on the KeyOne (unlike the PRIV) , I didn't have to worry about recharging. I loved my PRIV (except for the lag and the poor battery) but this KeyOne rocks! I bought the Verizon compatible version from Best Buy.
    bibbula and GR9930 like this.
    03-12-18 08:19 PM
    I would wait until BlackBerry to release next PKB device. Keyone is nearly a year old now so i wouldn't recommend it especially if you're concerned about the performance.
    That assumes the next device will be available for VZW or come in a VZW compatible version.
    Wezard likes this.
    03-12-18 09:52 PM
    That assumes the next device will be available for VZW or come in a VZW compatible version.
    All BlackBerry Android PKB device had cdma models so most likely yes.
    03-12-18 10:07 PM
    All BlackBerry Android PKB device had cdma models so most likely yes.
    Glass half full.. or half empty.

One could argue the Priv had real VZW support while the KEYone only had partial support and say support for Verizon compatible models is on the decline. Next step in that decline could be no Verizon versions at all, not even 'Verizon compatible'.

It's not likely, but it's possible.
    GR9930 likes this.
    03-12-18 10:10 PM
    I'm in the same boat for multiple reasons:

1. No more Security updates
    2. In the last month or so, the phone slowed down to a crawl. Literally 5 seconds to open Hub. The problem for me was low storage. Backed up and deleted all photos / videos and voila, back to normal ie fast.

I'm still left with no security updates which I don't like. If there's no new BlackBerry phone by June, I'll likely have to move on which I don't want to do.
    03-20-18 12:44 AM