I recently bought an unlocked CDMA Priv and went to both my local Verizon solution guys and Verizon online tech support to get the needed SIM card and activate service replacing my current phone. They tried but were unable to help me because when Verizon recently stopped selling the Priv they also closed their system to adding new Priv IMEIs.

They tried to connect with the SIM cards formerly used and they no longer will connect unless the phone's IMEI is already in the database.

They said if I can find a seller who has a Priv that originated with Verizon and is in their system database, I can text them the IMEI and they'll check to confirm whether it's there and can be activated. Can anyone suggest how I might find a seller who has Privs that have IMEIs already in Verizon's system database?
    06-06-17 06:44 PM
    Can anyone suggest how I might find a seller who has Privs that have IMEIs already in Verizon's system database?
    Hrmm, doubt many people are going to be willing to hand over an IMEI for someone else to use and risk being locked out themselves over VZW's nonsense.
    06-06-17 07:12 PM
    I'm looking for a SELLER with a phone for sale that was originally in Verizon's system. Verizon wholesaled out their remaining inventory when they stopped selling the Priv.
    06-06-17 07:17 PM
    what do you mean unlocked CDMA PRIV. There are STV100-2 that Verizon doesn't have the IMEI loaded from the batch manufacture dates?
    bibbula likes this.
    06-06-17 07:18 PM
    glad i bought my Verizon Priv off ebay last week and there was no problems getting it set up at the VZW store
    06-06-17 08:29 PM
    I recently bought an unlocked CDMA Priv and went to both my local Verizon solution guys and Verizon online tech support to get the needed SIM card and activate service replacing my current phone. They tried but were unable to help me because when Verizon recently stopped selling the Priv they also closed their system to adding new Priv IMEIs.

They tried to connect with the SIM cards formerly used and they no longer will connect unless the phone's IMEI is already in the database.

They said if I can find a seller who has a Priv that originated with Verizon and is in their system database, I can text them the IMEI and they'll check to confirm whether it's there and can be activated. Can anyone suggest how I might find a seller who has Privs that have IMEIs already in Verizon's system database?
    I don't know if this will help but when I bought my unlocked CDMA Priv I couldn't get the new Sim to activate. I spent a ton of time on the phone with Verizon to no avail, long story short I stuck it in my wife's iphone and it activated. After the activation was complete I stuck it back in the Priv and it everything worked just fine.

This was about 45 days ago, not sure if it will help but worth a try.
    FF22 and bibbula like this.
    06-06-17 08:38 PM
    Thanks for this suggestion ... might try doing this with my wife's Galaxy.
    06-06-17 08:43 PM
    Any luck?
    06-07-17 05:55 PM
    glad i bought my Verizon Priv off ebay last week and there was no problems getting it set up at the VZW store
    I just received a Verizon PRIV from eBay seller bidallies. I placed the SIM card from my Classic into the VZW PRIV and it worked without any issues including updating to the latest security patch (May) for Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    06-09-17 01:45 PM
    I just received a Verizon PRIV from eBay seller bidallies. I placed the SIM card from my Classic into the VZW PRIV and it worked without any issues including updating to the latest security patch (May) for Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    I hope you enjoy the Priv. It will be a change from the Classic (bb10)
    06-09-17 09:01 PM
    I didn't have that problem with t-mobile that sounds very strange.
    06-09-17 09:38 PM
    I did not know that they sold unlock CDMA Privs in the first place.
    06-10-17 08:32 AM
    I did not know that they sold unlock CDMA Privs in the first place.
    I guess there are two forms of UNlocked Privs.

The Verizon Priv is sold by Verizon UNlocked. You can use it in Europe with a European sim card without any additional assistance from Verizon. BUT it is probably locked as far of OS/Security Updates to Verizon. Frankly, I have no idea if you moved to Europe and used a European sim card if you would get updates or not and from who.

The other UNlocked versions were sold by ShopBB - they could be used with gsm carriers and the OS/Security updates come from BB and are not carrier dependent. BUT ShopBB never sold cdma versions.

Probably if you buy a cdma version from Best Buy or Amazon, it would be a verizon model.
    06-10-17 03:41 PM
    I have a factory unlocked CDMA purchased through Amazon. I'm not sure if BlackBerry unloaded excess stock Verizon didn't need to third party retailers, but my phone has no Verizon branding and receives updates with the other unlocked Privs.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-11-17 12:05 PM
    I saw now that TCL took over, there is a CDMA version of the Keyone being sold unlocked on Amazon. I was never able to find a non carrier unlocked CDMA Priv though. I just wonder if that means the updates will come straight from BlackBerry or of these are just debranded Verizon phones that will still require the Verizon updates. I also wonder if Verizon will even carry them now :-(
    06-12-17 06:50 AM
    I saw now that TCL took over, there is a CDMA version of the Keyone being sold unlocked on Amazon. I was never able to find a non carrier unlocked CDMA Priv though. I just wonder if that means the updates will come straight from BlackBerry or of these are just debranded Verizon phones that will still require the Verizon updates. I also wonder if Verizon will even carry them now :-(
    Good questions. We probably won't know an answer till later in the Summer (that is supposedly when Sprint might be getting the device, too).

Or maybe Verizon will watch how these "private" sales go and if successful, offer the device, too. Or it might be easier on Verizon if they never have to guess the sale numbers and just don't stock the device and not sweat how many contract renewals (not a ton, I'd guess) they don't capture by not offering the KEYone.
    06-12-17 09:03 AM