From BB support to me via email

Hello* David,

I apologize for all the inconveniences and the long delay in answering you question and have opened this case to solely *provide you with an answer.

I have looked into this situation to verify if there was anything we can do in order to address this issue. During my research I have found out that Verizon hold a contract with BlackBerry that provides them with the ability to alter the operating system to add their features and applications. We have provided Verizon with the software for both the security patches and the Marshmallow operating system. With that being said, it is up to them to either release the updates to their devices or to alter and add their information in order to customize the experience for their customers as other providers do. Please note that before they release any operating system update, they must ensure that the update works with their service to prevent down time for their customer and to ensure they will be able to utilize there device to the fullest. *I must inform you that we are not privy to their internal information for updates or *software development. With that being said I regret to inform you that you would need to contact Verizon for any *further information regarding updates and software releases for your device. *As you have purchased your device directly through Verizon they also hold the warranty for your device and any refund or replacement would need to be processed through Verizon directly as we have no influence on the policies.

As this is not a troubleshooting ticket I will be closing this particular ticket. While you may reference this ticket any time in the future it will remain accessible for the next five consecutive days. You may reach us by telephone or by responding to this email for further assistance.

Please note that you will receive a brief survey once this ticket has been closed. We would appreciate any feedback that you could provide about my service.

Thank you again for contacting BlackBerry Technical Support. Have a great day.

Sincerely,

Rob,

BlackBerry Technical Support

Office Hours: 10:00am-7:00pm EDT (Monday-Friday)

NA Toll Free:*1-877-255-2377

UK Toll Free: 0808 100 7466

Europe:*+44 1753 558400

Worldwide:*+11-647-426-1108

ref:_00DA0JzH7._500F0104yrz:ref

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Wishful thinking but I'd like to know the terms of the contract and if Verizon are in breach of same.

Passport on ATT or Priv on Verizon
    ggendel likes this.
    09-13-16 07:13 AM
    Cue the music for the funeral dirge.
    F2 can help with that! He's got a video around here somewhere.
    newcollector likes this.
    09-13-16 07:52 AM
    #TomorrowPerhaps

09-13-16 08:12 AM

Hello* David,

I apologize for all the inconveniences and the long delay in answering you question and have opened this case to solely *provide you with an answer.

I have looked into this situation to verify if there was anything we can do in order to address this issue. During my research I have found out that Verizon hold a contract with BlackBerry that provides them with the ability to alter the operating system to add their features and applications. We have provided Verizon with the software for both the security patches and the Marshmallow operating system. With that being said, it is up to them to either release the updates to their devices or to alter and add their information in order to customize the experience for their customers as other providers do. Please note that before they release any operating system update, they must ensure that the update works with their service to prevent down time for their customer and to ensure they will be able to utilize there device to the fullest. *I must inform you that we are not privy to their internal information for updates or *software development. With that being said I regret to inform you that you would need to contact Verizon for any *further information regarding updates and software releases for your device. *As you have purchased your device directly through Verizon they also hold the warranty for your device and any refund or replacement would need to be processed through Verizon directly as we have no influence on the policies.

As this is not a troubleshooting ticket I will be closing this particular ticket. While you may reference this ticket any time in the future it will remain accessible for the next five consecutive days. You may reach us by telephone or by responding to this email for further assistance.

Please note that you will receive a brief survey once this ticket has been closed. We would appreciate any feedback that you could provide about my service.

Sincerely,

Rob,

This agrees with my phone discussion with Blackberry support. One of my claims was that Blackberry was releasing monthly updates. Verizon took exception to this and insisted they didn't even after I pointed them to the BB support webpage that states that. We ended up with a 3-way conversation where Verizon asked BB if they did monthly updates. They responded that they don't do scheduled monthly updates. So I pointed them to the security update page and showed them that they've been making releases at least once a month, sometimes as often as weekly. The BB person agreed that they have made updates at least every month. That nailed Verizon's anti-claim as false.

I'm waiting for my second round with Verizon support where they must supply, by post, a written response to my claims within about 10 days. If they fail, then I can sick the FCC watchdogs on them.
    FF22 and 6120111 like this.
    09-13-16 08:13 AM
    Thanks for sharing that email from BlackBerry, until now I don't think anyone's gotten as direct a response from them on the situation. Although it just confirms what we already suspected, it is reassuring that BlackBerry isn't implicated in the ridiculousness like Verizon's led some to believe (and I'm much more confident in BlackBerry's honesty than Verizon's at this point).

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android from my Verizon BlackBerry Priv
    FF22 likes this.
    09-13-16 08:14 AM
    This agrees with my phone discussion with Blackberry support. One of my claims was that Blackberry was releasing monthly updates. Verizon took exception to this and insisted they didn't even after I pointed them to the BB support webpage that states that. We ended up with a 3-way conversation where Verizon asked BB if they did monthly updates. They responded that they don't do scheduled monthly updates. So I pointed them to the security update page and showed them that they've been making releases at least once a month, sometimes as often as weekly. The BB person agreed that they have made updates at least every month. That nailed Verizon's anti-claim as false.

I'm waiting for my second round with Verizon support where they must supply, by post, a written response to my claims within about 10 days. If they fail, then I can sick the FCC watchdogs on them.
    You would think that they would prep the person on the phone with you before involving BlackBerry. That's so unprofessional for them to blatantly lie and/or claim ignorance of a very public commitment that BlackBerry has made to monthly security updates that their direct competitors have complied with, for the most part. More and more I'm becoming disenchanted by Verizon's business practices.

09-13-16 08:18 AM
    F2 can help with that! He's got a video around here somewhere.
    Google or DuckDuck "Chopin Funeral" should do it!
    09-13-16 09:23 AM

Hello* David,

Sincerely,

Rob,

So Verizon has breached the contract, BB should push the updates.
    If I remember right someone said BB can push updates without carrier consent.
    Last edited by 1linuxfreak; 09-13-16 at 11:48 AM.
    09-13-16 10:48 AM
    So Verizon has breeched the contract, BB should push the updates.
    If I remember right someone said BB can push updates without carrier consent.
    In another thread, it was suggested that Verizon would have grounds for a lawsuit in such a situation if BlackBerry were to do so.

09-13-16 11:47 AM
    In another thread, it was suggested that Verizon would have grounds for a lawsuit in such a situation if BlackBerry were to do so.

I see! If VzW did so wouldn't it cause a fiasco so large it would draw more attention than VzW would want?
    This has gotten ridiculous, what does VzW have to gain by halting updates? Forcing someone to buy an exploding S7?
    It seems VzW is looking at supporting only 4 brands of phones. We have to nip this in the bud before VzW gets the idea it can dictate what the consumer wants by limiting choices.
    FF22, 00stryder and jegs2 like this.
    09-13-16 11:54 AM
    I see! If VzW did so wouldn't it cause a fiasco so large it would draw more attention than VzW would want?
    This has gotten ridiculous, what does VzW have to gain by halting updates? Forcing someone to buy an exploding S7?
    It seems VzW is looking at supporting only 4 brands of phones. We have to nip this in the bud before VzW gets the idea it can dictate what the consumer wants by limiting choices.
    They're not limiting your choices. You're free to buy an unlocked phone and use another carrier.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-16 12:08 PM
    They're not limiting your choices. You're free to buy an unlocked phone and use another carrier.

Posted via CB10
    So if I choose to go with Verizon as my carrier I can use any phone? No! So my choices are limited to the phones that work on Verizon.
    Semantics.
    jegs2 likes this.
    09-13-16 12:38 PM
    So if I choose to go with Verizon as my carrier I can use any phone? No! So my choices are limited to the phones that work on Verizon.
    Semantics.
    The point is that if you don't like a company's business model, choose a different company. Nobody is forcing you to do business with them.

Posted via CB10
    mmcclure0453 likes this.
    09-13-16 12:40 PM
    09-13-16 01:05 PM
    Thank you for that info, filing with the Texas Public Utility Commission today.
    Looks like land line only. Darn it.
    09-13-16 02:05 PM
    Thank you fro that info, filing with the Texas Public Utility Commission today.
    Hope that wasn't sarcastic, we should each file with our respective States Utility Commission, maybe that would get some noise going.
    09-13-16 02:08 PM
    Hope that wasn't sarcastic, we should each file with our respective States Utility Commission, maybe that would get some noise going.
    No by no means sarcastic.
    I did go to the site after reading your post and actually clicked on "informal complaint" button, once I dig up the info needed I may try and file a complaint, but it looked like a land line only complaint form.
    Please let us know if you are able to file in your state.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    09-13-16 03:18 PM
    I think everyone in this thread wants one thing. We want Verizon to just be straight up and honest about their intentions with the priv. Is Verizon going to continue to support the device or not? Is Verizon going to update the security features or not? Is Verizon going to push marshmallow or not?

We all have expectations of timely updates and support for a device that is only 8 or 9 months old especially since the device was expensive and the service is also expensive.

It is to Verizon's benefit to keep its customers happy.

I can definitely say this... I will never buy a carrier locked phone ever again. I will not be a slave to the whims of the carriers to infiltrate and control my ability for security in a device nor timely updates that I as a consumer expect. I do have a reasonable expectation of support and warranty from the carrier who makes thousands from me and billions from it's consumers.

FF22, newcollector and 00stryder like this.
    09-13-16 08:20 PM
    Everyone is angry because Verizon is screwing them.

Divide and conquer. Just saw Captain America - Civil War and that's what happens as they fight each other!

I would have to give up UNlimited data and coverage in the desert boonies of Red Rock County if I dropped Verizon (and with my complaint stream - if they drop me!)

And some of us did not anticipate this level of apathy, antipathy or downright obstinate behavior from Verizon with the Priv. Yes, they are sometimes slow but this can be characterized as EVIL on their part.
    09-13-16 08:31 PM
    I think everyone in this thread wants one thing. We want Verizon to just be straight up and honest about their intentions with the priv. Is Verizon going to continue to support the device or not? Is Verizon going to update the security features or not? Is Verizon going to push marshmallow or not?

We all have expectations of timely updates and support for a device that is only 8 or 9 months old especially since the device was expensive and the service is also expensive.

It is to Verizon's benefit to keep its customers happy.

I can definitely say this... I will never buy a carrier locked phone ever again. I will not be a slave to the whims of the carriers to infiltrate and control my ability for security in a device nor timely updates that I as a consumer expect. I do have a reasonable expectation of support and warranty from the carrier who makes thousands from me and billions from it's consumers.

Well SAID!!!
    09-13-16 08:38 PM
    Divide and conquer. Just saw Captain America - Civil War and that's what happens as they fight each other!

I would have to give up UNlimited data and coverage in the desert boonies of Red Rock County if I dropped Verizon (and with my complaint stream - if they drop me!)

And some of us did not anticipate this level of apathy, antipathy or downright obstinate behavior from Verizon with the Priv. Yes, they are sometimes slow but this can be characterized as EVIL on their part.
    I`ll add GREEDY to that description

-j
    09-13-16 09:05 PM
    I`ll add GREEDY to that description

-j
    I wonder if the customer has ever been right when in comes to business dealings with Verizon. Nordstroms agrees that the customer is always right.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    09-13-16 11:55 PM
    I've worked in the service sector for some time. Most people (non service workers) believe the mantra is "The Customer is Always Right." To those in the industry the full quote is this: "The Customer is Always Right Until They Are Not." For us, the customer is always right = the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
    09-14-16 12:06 AM
    I've worked in the service sector for some time. Most people (non service workers) believe the mantra is "The Customer is Always Right." To those in the industry the full quote is this: "The Customer is Always Right Until They Are Not." For us, the customer is always right = the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
    And it is being applied just before the shaft is inserted!
    09-14-16 12:21 AM
    I hope Verizon stock falls, they get sued with liable and forces reduced pricing and less involvement with devices, and give every employee a min $5k raise on their "salary"

09-14-16 12:32 AM
1,277 ... 2627282930 ...