Maybe they are concerned about selling their remaining stock when questions of MM and Security Updates are circulating including complaints to the FCC and BBB (better business bureau).
    But wouldn't that just increase the user base of possible complainers? ...not that Verizon is going to listen to them
    08-19-16 09:21 PM
    Go figure. I just got my oem unlocked PRIV from shopbb, ported my number out of vzw and on to AT&T last night then boom this happens. C'est la vie!
    Thanks, I was planning to jump ship to ATT for the Priv because Version were too expensive, and I told them so, you leaving must have sent the message

Passport running on 10.3.2. 2876
    jfalkingham likes this.
    08-19-16 09:50 PM
    Thanks, I was planning to jump ship to ATT for the Priv because Version were too expensive, and I told them so, you leaving must have sent the message

Passport running on 10.3.2. 2876
    Hahaha yes VZW is starting to listen to their customers?

I have to admit I love the PRIV, I'm not missing my classic per se however Android has a long way to go to be half as smooth as BB10.
    08-19-16 10:12 PM
    But wouldn't that just increase the user base of possible complainers? ...not that Verizon is going to listen to them
    Well, either have complainers but fewer overstocked Priv's or overstocked Priv and few complainers!
    08-19-16 10:25 PM
    I think this may not be a good thing for bb.
    08-20-16 09:49 AM
    I was just looking at it yesterday on verizon's website. I still want a full touch, no pysical keyboard phone but for that price might give it a try.
    08-20-16 10:08 AM
    This sale resulted in at least three more sales still hate Verizon though.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    FF22 likes this.
    08-20-16 10:20 AM
    I think this may not be a good thing for bb.
    Why? It could possibly be a good thing. Priv is not a new device anymore and the more sold the less returned devices there will be...plus they're getting ready to release new devices.

Posted via the handsome BlackBerry PRIV
    Paof-7 likes this.
    08-20-16 10:53 AM
    My mother's priv was /is still within her 2 week return period. I gave the full retail when we got it. After over an hour on thr phone with customer service and because I got it online I ended up with 2 options. Send mom's phone back and get a new one at the reduced price, pay the restock and taxes on the new one OR take a 300$ bill credit. I took the credit because it was the easiest and it meant not dealing with my mom and confusion. Bottom line though is I did manage to get the difference back. Payments stay the same but with my plan it's only 5 a month so I'm content

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    FF22 likes this.
    08-20-16 11:17 AM
    Boy this is tempting. Not sure what my wife would say.

Besides Verizon being Verizon with updates, any reason why Priv fans wouldn't jump on this?
    08-20-16 02:39 PM
    I'm supremely confident that I know what MY wife would say! And I know how loudly she'd say it!

For $400, it's a great mid-range device. Maybe this is Verizon's answer for not having DTEK.
    john_v, FF22 and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    08-20-16 03:18 PM
    I'm supremely confident that I know what MY wife would say! And I know how loudly she'd say it!
    Hahahah, yeah you're right. We do know, we'd just rather not think about it. I think there's a book they get their responses from.
    underway99 likes this.
    08-20-16 03:20 PM
    It wouldn't be the wife manual would it? You know, the book we're expected to have memorized yet none of us can put our hands on it?
    john_v likes this.
    08-20-16 03:23 PM
    It wouldn't be the wife manual would it? You know, the book we're expected to have memorized yet none of us can put our hands on it?
    That's the one. I've seen pictures of it though...

Verizon lowers price of Priv to 8 retail.-images.duckduckgo.com.jpgVerizon lowers price of Priv to 8 retail.-images.duckduckgo.com.png
    underway99 and FF22 like this.
    08-20-16 03:26 PM
    I'm not sure if I'd want the exam to be open book on that one...
    john_v likes this.
    08-20-16 03:32 PM
    I'm not sure if I'd want the exam to be open book on that one...
    Doesn't matter. Your answer will still be the wrong one, no matter what. Just say "yes dear" and hope for the best
    underway99 and FF22 like this.
    08-20-16 03:33 PM
    I don't mind so much if I know it's coming because I got it wrong. It's the blows out of the blue for the things that I didn't know that I should have read that ruin the day.
    john_v likes this.
    08-20-16 03:37 PM
    That's the one. I've seen pictures of it though...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.duckduckgo.com.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	406902Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.duckduckgo.com.png 
Views:	258 
Size:	280.7 KB 
ID:	406903
    But they can nurse you through the hernia surgery for buying it and lugging it home.
    underway99 likes this.
    08-20-16 03:54 PM
    Nah. Kindle edition. Of course, you'd need a good-sized SD card to hold it.

Makes for easy search too.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-20-16 03:57 PM
    Verizon needs to come out with MM update or straight to Android N.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-16 03:59 PM
    Nah. Kindle edition. Of course, you'd need a good-sized SD card to hold it.

Makes for easy search too.
    The complete set containing all volumes comes with it's own 2TB external hard drive.
    08-20-16 04:04 PM
    Oh good. Another power brick. I'll just take my chances (and my lumps) the old fashioned way.
    08-20-16 04:43 PM
    Why would you guys buy from verizon knowing they will never update it. The priv goes for 500$ on shop blackberry right now. And on jet.com you can get it for 450$ and its the unlocked unbranded one. Seriously
    08-20-16 05:26 PM
    Why would you guys buy from verizon knowing they will never update it. The priv goes for 500$ on shop blackberry right now. And on jet.com you can get it for 450$ and its the unlocked unbranded one. Seriously
    Some people are on Verizon because they have to be (work phone, work discount, etc). Some of us are on Verizon by choice because other carriers don't have reliable coverage in parts of the country we travel to for work or visiting family.

The shopblackberry model is gsm only, not compatible on VZW, Sprint, US Cellular, etc.

So that in a nutshell is why some people would buy from Verizon.
    jfalkingham and bluesqueen23 like this.
    08-20-16 05:32 PM
    SMH. Every thread starter who starts a thread for the Verizon Priv, please add a line in there to the effect of "Factory unlocked Privs are not an option for us. Verizon's network is very picky. We cannot just buy our phones from ShopBB, jet.com, B&H, T&A, A&W or any other place that sells non-Verizon Privs."
    08-20-16 05:32 PM
93 1234