At least I think that's what it was. 256mb OS update.

Anyone else on Verizon get the patch ?

Verizon now has Unlimited d4g data on all plans. Go go big red. 4 lines $45 each. Any reason I should give up my grandfathered plan besides saving a ton of $?
    02-26-17 06:03 AM
    Yes, I have this month android security update on my Priv. I have not switch to Verizon unlimited data because I really don't know if it will be cheaper for me to do so.
    02-26-17 07:56 AM

Verizon now has Unlimited d4g data on all plans. Go go big red. 4 lines $45 each. Any reason I should give up my grandfathered plan besides saving a ton of $?
    I gave up my grandfathered unlimited data, switched my office number to my Priv, kept my iPhone as my personal cell, added my parents (for the 3rd & 4th line) and saved $100/month. I've noticed no difference in speed. Their fine print says that they may throttle you in high congested areas at peak times after you've used 22gb in a month. After you return to a non-congested area, you go back to 4G/LTE speed. I live in a fairly rural area in Middle TN. So, I will more than likely never experience any throttling. Plus, I also have an iPad that has cell service. In conditions of any throttling, I can always grab that. Each line gets unlimited data. It made literal sense and cents for me to switch.
    02-26-17 11:04 AM

I would go ahead and switch. The prices for data will only continue to drop as these carriers compete with each other, until 5g comes out, then whoever has the best will jack up their prices until competition catches up, much like what happened in the transition from 3g to LTE. Everything is cyclical.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    02-26-17 04:47 PM
    I wish Canadian wireless carriers offered unlimited 4G data plans. The cheapest "unlimited" data plan that I can find costs approximately CAD145.00 for 100 GB. This is strictly data and for a Rocket Hub not a smartphone.
    02-26-17 07:06 PM