Because Apple will have reinvented the Keyboard. Again.

Posted via CB10
    No, NO KEYBOARDS! Remember what happened to the stylus? That's why it's a Pencil now!
    Joao Oliveira, tmf06 and Sparksx like this.
    10-27-15 12:40 PM
    If I walk into an att store and I go look at the note 5 (which I have btw. Terrible battery life), then right next to it look at the s6 edge(+) then right next to that look at the priv. All 3 have same if not very similar pricing. First thing I notice is the s6 Edge has a curved screen. Cool that's pretty sweet. Oh wait the priv has that too? Costs the same? OK why would I get this over the edge? Wait the priv has a keyboard and a curved screen? Sounds perfect to me.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. It's all about carrier support for this phone. 90% do not research or look for ways to buy a phone outright online. They don't care. They walk into a carrier store and buy whatever the rep tells them to. In my experiences so far most reps really liked the q10. Loved the keyboard but couldn't recommend it because of lack of popular apps. I personally have a passport but have to carry a s4 around just to use snapchat which is why I don't even use the pp anymore. Now there is no app gap. I can have a phone with the apps I need and want along with a keyboard. Carrier reps are excited for it and it's not just anothe4 glass slab. Also on the month finance plans att sprint verizon and tmo push, the priv costs the same as any other flag ship. So it's not gonna be a big deal. A lot of people want a keyboard phone and that's easily doable.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    deadcowboy and wyrdfool like this.
    10-27-15 12:46 PM
    10-27-15 12:53 PM
    How does the rollout, pre-sales, and yada yada change your user experience?

And who really cares if the Priv has phenomenal sales? (outside of shareholders) I am not saying that to slag you but seriously, why does it matter?
    Fair questions. I guess for me, I'm very worried now about Blackberry's commitment to actually selling hardware and that they will dump hardware in a year like Chen basically said and then I'm left with a very expensive stranded device. It's all about the phone getting traction with the general market and I'm just not seeing that happening, especially at this pricing so good sales do matter.

To me, no Launch Event, Chen's bumbling interview, very light marketing, no CDMA carrier support, premium pricing that only Apple gets, and Chen threatening to walk away for hardware in a year if they don't hit their targets tells me to proceed with extreme caution. I'm not looking for another Playbook experience, I guess.

Oh, and 'slag' is just a stellar word!
    10-27-15 01:04 PM
    The Verge doesn't CARE about the PRICING.. This article was just an excuse to BASH BlackBerry. They just used pricing to hide their TRUE intentions. Read between the lines people. STOP fixating on the Price. It is what it is.

Quit Complaining and Boss Up. #Priv
    nokia4life likes this.
    10-27-15 02:28 PM
    The verge is the fox news of tech.

It was created by some tech hipsters who didn't like the quality of tech news so they created a new site that is a hundred times worse then what they hated just like fox became. What a brilliant ideal.

It a perfect illustration of what's wrong in this country. Corporate owned bias news that just dumbs the population down.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 02:31 PM
    NO WAY I click on that Verge link and enhance their revenue!

If tainted water comes from a well you know is tainted, why are you surprised the water is tainted?

Find another well.

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    tmf06 likes this.
    10-27-15 02:33 PM
    The verge is the fox news of tech.

It was created because some tech hipsters who didn't like the quality of tech news so they created a new site that is a hundred times worse then what they hated just like fox became. What a brilliant ideal.

It a perfect illustration of what's wrong in this country. Corporate owned bias news that just dumbs the population down.

Posted via CB10
    Funny thing is back then, I left Engadget for them. And now I stopped reading them and actually read more stuff on Engadget.
    MO3iusONE and anon(8063781) like this.
    10-27-15 02:34 PM
    Mmmm....."expensive" is relative. Maybe the author is unable to afford a PRIV, so to him it would be expensive. On the other hand, the market will dictate the price trajectory. I am sure BBRY knows how much they need to sell to consider the phone a success. So, if people are looking for iPhone or Samung-like numbers, that's not going to happen but that doesn't mean it is a failure.
    10-27-15 02:49 PM
    Since when The Verge hate BlackBerry so much?

Oh wait..

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 03:03 PM
    Since when The Verge hate BlackBerry so much?

Oh wait..

Posted via CB10
    Since it was Thisismynext. Forever basically.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 03:19 PM
    Mmmm....."expensive" is relative. Maybe the author is unable to afford a PRIV, so to him it would be expensive. On the other hand, the market will dictate the price trajectory. I am sure BBRY knows how much they need to sell to consider the phone a success. So, if people are looking for iPhone or Samung-like numbers, that's not going to happen but that doesn't mean it is a failure.
    Because their price points post-2007 have been so bloody successful at driving sales?
    10-27-15 03:21 PM
    F... the verge seriously, with all my heart and soul...
    10-27-15 03:28 PM
    Don't know if they are right or wrong.....

Just wish BlackBerry would launch this thing and allow for all the reviews to go live. Once a few starting piling on, it could lead to some changing their views and maybe their reviews on the PRIV....

A launch a couple of weeks ago before the price was "revealed", might have turned out more positive.
    10-27-15 03:50 PM
    How is it too late? It's a device running an existing established operating system. It's not like BlackBerry is releasing BB10 now after running BBOS up to this point.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 03:55 PM
    Don't know if they are right or wrong.....

Just wish BlackBerry would launch this thing and allow for all the reviews to go live. Once a few starting piling on, it could lead to some changing their views and maybe their reviews on the PRIV....

A launch a couple of weeks ago before the price was "revealed", might have turned out more positive.
    How can The Verge be right? History has already shown how tech blogs totally miss the pricing versus what people will pay for something, e.g. $399 original iPod, $599 (with contract!) original iPhone, especially when the device hasn't been released yet.

Specs were released first and everyone drooled... until the price was released. A launch a couple of weeks ago without the price wouldn't have helped because every review will hold their recommendation until the price is revealed.
    10-27-15 04:36 PM
    Ah the verge lol these guys always **** on BlackBerry so nothing new here.

Posted via CB10
    Any device but apple. Microsoft sucks too according to them. Apple makes best

Posted via CB10
    rai187 likes this.
    10-27-15 04:46 PM
    The verge are like cnet!

From Le Passport(sold)  or Z30  / 10.3.2.2789
    10-27-15 04:50 PM
    Take no notice of those bunch of bellends..

Passport to heaven..
    10-27-15 04:56 PM
    Take no notice of those bunch of bellends..

Passport to heaven..
    Free advertising lol

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 05:05 PM
    Yet when Apple comes out with the iPhone 7T, now with Typewriter accurate text technology(tm), they will be ALL over it.
    The iPhone 7TS will have the never before seen magic touch PKB.

Or is it just Tomatoes and Salad, I always mix that one up.
    10-27-15 05:12 PM
    Added quote of article to OP.

Really don't need to see a propaganda machine like The Verge benefit from this click-bait.
    10-27-15 06:02 PM
    I'd love access to the time machine you guys have who are talking about the launch.

It launches on the 6th.

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    10-27-15 06:05 PM
    How does the rollout, pre-sales, and yada yada change your user experience?
    If the device does not sell well you may never see the OS updates to Android 7 maybe not even 6. That is why the success of the launch matters.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 06:48 PM
    I honestly am sick of reading these articles. It's pretty simple if you don't like something about the phone or think it's too expensive why bother with wasting your time on it? I liked the device so I ordered it and I obviously would have liked it to be cheaper but since I liked it enough I went ahead with it. These freaking articles have no evidentiary basis to them but is just an opinion of the author. Not like they did a market research that lasted several months, extracted multitude of data, devised algorithms and then made the call that 'it's too late'. Seriously, I can write a damn article right now and talk about how this is going to be a big come back for BB.

Anyway, just a little rant now that I think I have heard or read about it being 'too expensive' or 'too late' a million times. If you don't like it, don't get it and move on.
    Let's think about BlackBerry surviving phone business not about some bloke richness

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 06:52 PM
238 12345 ...