Just got home and finally had a look at this video - so far I am loving the look of this thing. The phone looks really slim for a slider, and the way they've implemented the Hub and Universal Search is very smart - I just hope the few changes they've made to Android still allow them to get OS updates to carriers as quickly as possible. There's clearly work to be done to optimize scrolling with the touch-sensitive keyboard too, but I'll reserve judgement till we see a release version of the phone.
    09-18-15 08:09 PM
    Anyone else notice that yellow bar that popped up when he pulled down the android settings. Kinda looks like BB10 tutorial prompts when you first use your phone. seems interesting. Or does Android have similar prompts/notification like that too?
    Noticed that aswell. this phone seems to be a mix. Very excited for this to be released soon. Or more leaks with someone who knows something about BlackBerry. Haha

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 08:40 PM
    For me, as long as it has BlackBerry 10 virtual keyboard or better, BlackBerry Hub or better, quick settings or better, peak or better, BlackBerry 10 multitasking or better, BlackBerry 10 browser or better, BlackBerry 10 universal search or better, instant reply or better, and a few other BlackBerry 10 features I am down.

After using BlackBerry 10 going to anything else for the above things are a no go.

And it has full access to play store, what's there not to like?

Posted via CB10
    will308 likes this.
    09-18-15 08:47 PM
    Does anyone think us recent passport users may get an option to update or get this OS when it's released on the slider?

Posted via CB10
    Hope so. We know it's possible.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 08:55 PM
    I'm wondering, nowhere I've seen specs on the actual keyboard, do we know or have an idea if it will be backlit enabled?
    It would have to be or you cannot type on it in low light or dark. You must not have had a physical keyboard ever before. Lol

Posted via CB10
    nonamenomore likes this.
    09-18-15 09:05 PM
    The display is edged aswell. it's like the BLOODY GALAXY S6 EDGE for fu** sake...lol. It's like this:

https://fs01.androidpit.info/userfil...wc-14-w628.jpg

yes, the usefullness is not much. who knows if blackberry is going to implement some features like samsung. The owner of the video OP posted said the edged screen made it confortable to use. Probabily it's a design feature aswell to make the device look thinner that waht it actually is. The S6 edge looks thiner than the normal S6, but it's actually a tiny bit thicker.

Attachment 372010
    I guess you're right, who knows. It'll be great if the display is edge as well

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 09:05 PM
    Anyone think that it'll look better if it was rounded?

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 09:07 PM
    For me, as long as it has BlackBerry 10 virtual keyboard or better, BlackBerry Hub or better, quick settings or better, peak or better, BlackBerry 10 multitasking or better, BlackBerry 10 browser or better, BlackBerry 10 universal search or better, instant reply or better, and a few other BlackBerry 10 features I am down.

After using BlackBerry 10 going to anything else for the above things are a no go.

And it has full access to play store, what's there not to like?

Posted via CB10
    Don't be unrealistic. You can't put a square peg into a round hole. This isn't a BB10 device. It will have its own strengths that will outweigh what is being lost imo - namely a massive ecosystem and great hardware.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    Last edited by conite; 09-18-15 at 09:53 PM.
    09-18-15 09:24 PM
    Anyone think that it'll look better if it was rounded?

Posted via CB10
    It's ok, just wait for AT&T's 'fattened' version.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 09:28 PM
    It does look thin . . . unlike good old Torch devices.

Attachment 371954

Posted via CB10
    I miss my old torch.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 09:48 PM
    I miss my old torch.

Posted via CB10
    Indeed, I used to throw mine at walls and on the road to show people how much more durable it was than android phones and iPhones at the time.
    09-18-15 09:51 PM
    They already do this on the Passport, no?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, but it has never worked right on the Android Runtime either. It has always been that kinda lame abrupt scrolling from what I remember in my short time with owning the Passport.
    09-18-15 10:24 PM
    Yes, but it has never worked right on the Android Runtime either. It has always been that kinda lame abrupt scrolling from what I remember in my short time with owning the Passport.
    Except in Chrome. There it acts like (page down/up)*1000.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    09-18-15 10:28 PM
    Interesting. It's like having a mega touchpad underneath the screen.

Posted via CB10
    ayngling likes this.
    09-18-15 10:55 PM
    Interesting. It's like having a mega touchpad underneath the screen.

Posted via CB10
    Sans mouse cursor.
    09-18-15 10:58 PM
    what exactly you mean with jellyglass efects?
    The difference between the chat bubbles in iOS 6 vs. iOS 7 for example:

Venice hands-on video-messages-screen.png
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    09-18-15 10:59 PM
    When the device isn't even out yet and I'm sure the software is not yet polished you can't criticize the lag. Is this the first time you've seen a video of phone software pre release? You guys are really reaching!
    The guy did say they it was BlackBerry skinned Android so we don't yet know if it will have Google Play Services. Will be interesting to see.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 11:06 PM
    The capacitive keyboard looks great. I wonder if it will bring up a pointer in text fields (android already has mouse support built in) or if you'll be able to hold down shift and use the capacitive gestures to select text like with the trackpad? I think BlackBerry may win a lot of new marketshare with this, but only if the price is right.

Lots of positive chatter on android sites....
    nonamenomore likes this.
    09-18-15 11:18 PM
    Go look at the pictures of the LEAKED Passport, that thing look absolutely disgusting. The pre-release device looks ugly on purpose, the final form will be well trimmed and clean. Once you see the leaked pre-released Passport pics, you'll understand.
    It does seem rather plain. Maybe they will Passport it with multiple versions of the same phone.

What we are seeing are plastic wrap models.

Posted via CB10
    Alain_A likes this.
    09-18-15 11:40 PM
    Now that the touch capacitive pkb is confirmed, I'm wondering too if they'll port over:

1. BBM Video. They should imho, even if they limit it to 1 on 1 video chat so not to kill BBM Meetings sales.
    2. BlackBerry Blend. Please, yes, with an open api so devs can add their apps to it.
    3. Remote File Access, esp integrated into a BB File Manager. Again, this would be fantastic.
    4. Device Switch so you can port your BB10 contacts, etc over to the Slider (Oh, the irony).
    Although I can appreciate your desire to see 3rd party app support on BlackBerry Blend, I can't really see BlackBerry releasing an open API for any random dev to integrate their apps into Blend. Remember that philosophically Blend is designed to be almost like a portal view into your BlackBerry device from your desk/laptop or iPad/Android tablet. It's intended to be used to provide quick access securely and not retain any actual information on the device itself once the connection has been broken.

What I would expect to happen, likely much further down the road as BlackBerry seems to have their priorities set on other ventures at this time, is for BlackBerry to approach select companies/dev houses like they did for Facebook and Twitter for BB10 and offer to add in integration into Blend. Remember, BlackBerry is still facing an uphill battle with dev support; who's to say dev would flock to modifying their apps and services to support Blend in the first place?

The good news I have for you is that Blend appears to be present on the Venice as depicted in the pic shared below (icon in the far right column, just above Google Drive), so there's that at least.

Venice hands-on video-crackberry-image.jpg
    Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 12:02 AM
    I love my Z30, but I'm getting this. After watching the video, it's looking sweeter and sweeter. At least you tap and swipe up to get to main screen almost like BlackBerry 10. If the hub works as good as my Z30, I'm sold.

Rocking a Z30 on Verizon
    good for you, i'm not. silly kid, Hub is for BlackBerries.
    09-19-15 12:28 AM
    good for you, i'm not. silly kid, Hub is for BlackBerries.
    I thought apples were for kids! Silly me

Rocking a Z30 on Verizon
    extisis and Xaiux like this.
    09-19-15 12:37 AM
    stunning..
    09-19-15 12:43 AM
    BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition is the best

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 01:29 AM
    Passport on AT&T
    09-19-15 01:31 AM
386 ... 7891011 ...