GEEZ!!! Will you take the time it takes to type nonsense and use it to read the link in the post above before spewing.

The problem is its skinned android not touchwize. Opposite and different idea

Posted via CB10
    TouchWiz is a skin. As is MotoBlur, Sense, other no-name skins by Sony and LG, and whatever BB calls how it's dressing up the UI for Venice. They're all basically a UI that sits on top of the Android OS replacing the stock Android UI. Not opposite or different other than in name.

Venice hands-on video-chillpill_285_150color.jpg
    vgorous, kbz1960, ayngling and 2 others like this.
    09-20-15 10:43 AM
    Actually,.. it's pretty much the exact same. Despite whatever you have read or heard to the contrary. You're confused, because it doesn't make sense,.. and that's exactly why it's not true. lol.

Posted via CB10
    Only devices with Android on it first as the OS are granted Google Play Services.

No devices running a forked ecosystem or dual boot are granted Google Play Services as far as I've read and seen.

Samsung has Android first then they skinned Touchwize on top that's ok
    (it does not replace the OS that's why they call it skinned)
    They wanted to run their own OS Tizen but they haven't yet cause Google threatened to cut them off.

If BB10 is first on this device they will continue to be cut off as well.

This is why you see many cheap and old android devices being sold in a drug store or something that don't have the Google play store but some cut down similar version and no Google Play Services.

I'm am not confused in the least!

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 10:47 AM
    f BB10 is first on this device they will continue to be cut off as well.
    Actually, you are very confused.
    Where did you see BB10 come up first on this device? This is an Android device. That's what everyone is trying to tell you. I think you are confused about the term "skinned".
    bp2k7 likes this.
    09-20-15 10:52 AM
    Only devices with Android on it first as the OS are granted Google Play Services.

No devices running a forked ecosystem or dual boot are granted Google Play Services as far as I've read and seen.

They wanted to run their own OS Tizen but they haven't yet cause Google threatened to cut them off.

This is why you see many cheap and old android devices being sold in a drug store or something that don't have the Google play store but some cut down similar version and no Google Play Services.

Posted via CB10
    This is a 100% Android device. Period. It boots up with a BugDroid on the screen. BB10 or QNX are nowhere to be seen on this device. It's fully OHA-compliant.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    09-20-15 10:54 AM
    This is a 100% Android device. Period. It boots up with a BugDroid on the screen. BB10 or QNX are nowhere to be seen on this device. It's fully OHA-compliant.

Oh you own one? What's the serial number?

Or did you get a call from John Chen directly?

Have you worked on it with BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 11:04 AM

If you believe BlackBerry secured android to have BB10 under the hood then you are right, there is a chance Google would not accept it (or maybe they would, it would still pass the compatibility test suite, but who knows). Many people on this forum was hoping for exactly that, a BB10 or QNX core, with android on top, IF Google allowed the Play store on it.

However, evidence is mounting that this is not BB10 underneath, it seems it is the "normal" linux kernel, with a large amount of fixes (grsecurity/pax, etc, cf. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grsecurity ). Because of this, everyone here do not doubt the presence of Google Play.
    09-20-15 11:05 AM
    I'm pretty sure the video and all the leaked images have painted a very clear picture that it will be running Android,.. not BB10 skinned to look like Android, not QNX skinned to look like Android,.. just Android with some BlackBerry apps and built-in UI enhancements.
    True . . . as discussed in http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...lider-1039008/ .

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 11:06 AM
    Venice hands-on video-img_20150920_190740.png

Guys anyone care to translate, I think they are saying STV001 come,s with BB10

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 11:08 AM

Guys anyone care to translate, I think they are saying STV001 come,s with BB10

Posted via CB10
    This is a complete fake, uploaded by an individual.

09-20-15 11:09 AM
    This is a complete fake, uploaded by an individual.

That people keep posting over and over again...lol
    09-20-15 11:10 AM
    Loool glad I didn't open up a thread! Would've been torn to "threads" Loool by you guys!

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 11:12 AM
    True . . . as discussed in http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...lider-1039008/ .

Posted via CB10
    I do not know from what technology came the power to decide what kernel is being run from a picture lol. I'm not a hater I love BlackBerry and my Passport and will probably stay regardless but facts are facts and I will repeat what I said a few times.

The guy doing the leaked video of the Venice said in no uncertain terms that it was a android skin. I guess your argument will have to be with him since that is the most informative info we have thus far.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 11:14 AM
    Oh you own one? What's the serial number?

Or did you get a call from John Chen directly?

Have you worked on it with BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    It's a Grsecurity-hardened Android kernel. Plus the Google Apps are all present.

Venice hands-on video-blackberry-venice-aa-6-840x1132_edit.jpg
    Venice hands-on video-blackberry-venice-leak-1-copy_edit.jpg

09-20-15 11:16 AM
    Very nice pictures. Where did you download them?

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 11:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    Fact 1: it's android with Google play services. Fact 2: there's no qnx or duck hiding a bear hypervisor.

Posted via CB10
    astrodan13 likes this.
    09-20-15 11:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    Everywhere?

Crackberry, AndroidAuthority, Evleaks, etc.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-ven...ation-and-more

AnimalPak200 likes this.
    09-20-15 11:28 AM
    here's to hoping your right.

I guess we will be finding out if these pics are real and your facts are correct very soon.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 11:29 AM
    You can find them here: https://cyberbyt.es/bbvenice
    The_Passporter likes this.
    09-20-15 11:29 AM
    This is like the reverse of when Captain Picard is tortured on Star Trek:TNG and they try to get him to say he can see five lights where there are only four. However here, Crackberry members are torturing themselves and can see a hypervisor and QNX kernels where none exist.

Venice hands-on video-mqdefault.jpg
    09-20-15 11:43 AM
    This is like the reverse of when Captain Picard is tortured on Star Trek:TNG and they try to get him to say he can see five lights where there are only four. However here, Crackberry members are torturing themselves and can see a hypervisor and QNX kernels where none exist.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mqdefault.jpg 
Views:	560 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	372231
    All we are asking is proof there is non, after all they don't exactly have a history of making phones with on other platforms. This is why there is discussion and if I missed something, someone else may present it and hence more discussion.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 12:06 PM
    LOVING IT!!!!

I'm definitely buying this. I know the outer shell will look much better in final revision but hot damn. It has the touch-sensitive keyboard like the Passport? SOLD!

Didn't see the red blinking light but that's okay, I can do without. My money is ready for this bad boy!!!
    It does have a message indicator light

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 12:13 PM
    All we are asking is proof there is non, after all they don't exactly have a history of making phones with on other platforms. This is why there is discussion and if I missed something, someone else may present it and hence more discussion.

Posted via CB10
    You have basically two choices at this stage:

1) It's an android phone

2) A lot of people including named figures with track records such as Evan Blass and various others all releasing various consistent images and information independent of each other that is faked (or they are all working together in some elaborate con) . That's before you getting to the logistics of mocking up a slider-phone, loading android on it to make a hands on video....

There has no zero evidence of a) dual boat, b) a bb10 version or anything else but an android phone... none.

So yes it could be that there is no android slider phone but at this stage, the most parsimonious solution based on the information we have, all of google's previous history and what they will license is that... it is an android phone.
    astrodan13 and nonamenomore like this.
    09-20-15 12:16 PM
    You have basically two choices at this stage:

1) It's an android phone

2) A lot of people including named figures with track records such as Evan Blass and various others all releasing various consistent images and information independent of each other that is faked (or they are all working together in some elaborate con) . That's before you getting to the logistics of mocking up a slider-phone, loading android on it to make a hands on video....

There has no zero evidence of a) dual boat, b) a bb10 version or anything else but an android phone... none.

So yes it could be that there is no android slider phone but at this stage, the most parsimonious solution based on the information we have, all of google's previous history and what they will license is that... it is an android phone.
    When I see the live demo or video review of a google play services app being downloaded an operated I will believe it.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 12:45 PM
    here's to hoping your right.

I guess we will be finding out if these pics are real and your facts are correct very soon.

Posted via CB10
    What will your screen name be after you are laughed off the forum

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 12:51 PM
    When I see the live demo or video review of a google play services app being downloaded an operated I will believe it.

Posted via CB10

There is already a hands on video very clearly showing Google services displayed. Google Search, Chrome, Drive, Play Store, ect.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 12:57 PM
386 ... 1112131415 ...