Horizontal keyboards are horrific on phones. It's the same ratio and size as every other wildly successful smart phone so the masses put the demand on stuff... I am just lucky there is a keyboard as that's my dealbreaker.

Posted via CB10
    Vertical (portrait) style keyboards is where it's at. Let's think about it for a second a slide out keyboard similar to Motorola's Droid requires extra effort. Not only are you sliding out the key but thay screen needs to rotate as well, not to mention that now you have a pretty wide keyboard.

With portrait style keyboards since the keys are so close together you're able to get to them alot faster thus typing at a greater speed.

Also, I notice some people make the habit of using their entire thumb to press on the keys, the key here is to use the top tip of your thumbs. Bend both thumbs all the way down pointing at the keyboard, allowing both the fingertip and the tip of the actual thumb make contact with the key. It also helps if you cut your fingernails. Having long fingernails and typing on a physical keyboard can be a pain in the ****.. Okay that's enough of my rambling.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    astrodan13 and nonamenomore like this.
    09-22-15 12:31 AM
    Vertical (portrait) style keyboards is where it's at.
    I agree, but want to add to this. Older phones that had landscape keyboards were a lot smaller than phones nowadays. This slider is so wide compared to those phones that the keyboard will not feel cramped. A landscape keyboard on today's phones would be so wide it would be hard to use.
    09-22-15 03:43 AM
    I thought this was supposed to have stereo speakers (top and bottom). It appears to only have a bottom speaker unless the top phone port doubles as a stereo speaker ?? Sound is a selling point for me as the only Androids that I have bought have all been HTC Ones...
    If that's how you think...

I agree, but want to add to this. Older phones that had landscape keyboards were a lot smaller than phones nowadays. This slider is so wide compared to those phones that the keyboard will not feel cramped. A landscape keyboard on today's phones would be so wide it would be hard to use.
    The Passport is already pushing the limits of mobile keyboard with, imo. It's more comfortable, but less efficient than the Q10 or Classic. So much thumb travel time. The Venice should be perfect if the balance is right.
    Posted via CB10
    ayngling and nonamenomore like this.
    09-22-15 07:57 AM
    If that's how you think...

The Passport is already pushing the limits of mobile keyboard with, imo. It's more comfortable, but less efficient than the Q10 or Classic. So much thumb travel time. The Venice should be perfect if the balance is right.
    Posted via CB10
    Having a passport today this is totally true. You have incredible acuracy with the passport, but you can simply tipe about 10% quicker with a Q10 due less travel time. A bigger keyboard would only be usefull if you could use more than one finger for each hand

Posted via CB10
    ayngling likes this.
    09-22-15 12:39 PM
    One thing I really hope it has: slide open to pick up phone, slide close to hang up. One pet peeve I had with my Pre that it didn't have slide to hang up, but luckily patches fixed that.
    09-22-15 01:01 PM
    Having a passport today this is totally true. You have incredible acuracy with the passport, but you can simply tipe about 10% quicker with a Q10 due less travel time. A bigger keyboard would only be usefull if you could use more than one finger for each hand
    This is exactly why I went back to my Q10 from the Passport (although it is awesome), and I wholeheartedly agree, the only step up must be a keyboard where you can use more then one finger from each hand.
    09-22-15 02:02 PM
    This is exactly why I went back to my Q10 from the Passport (although it is awesome), and I wholeheartedly agree, the only step up must be a keyboard where you can use more then one finger from each hand.
    Yes you may be able to type quicker but due to the touch pad and tools for correction and editing can it be evened out when comparing overall for typing and editing? I know I find the editing tools for selecting or just scrolling to the space I want very useful.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 02:22 PM
    Yes you may be able to type quicker but due to the touch pad and tools for correction and editing can it be evened out when comparing overall for typing and editing? I know I find the editing tools for selecting or just scrolling to the space I want very useful.
    I don't feel it evens out on the passport, but the venice gives the best of both worlds. I am really looking forward to holding the (physical) shift button while selecting by swiping on the keyboard.
    09-22-15 04:24 PM
    One thing I really hope it has: slide open to pick up phone, slide close to hang up. One pet peeve I had with my Pre that it didn't have slide to hang up, but luckily patches fixed that.
    Oh man, I was thinking this exact same thing earlier today. Slide open to answer and slide close to hang up would be absolutely amazing. Matrix-Nokia-Style. And since it'll be Android, it may be able to be added if BlackBerry doesn't.

This would be amazing. I'm on the fence about the Slider, but this would get me 100% onboard.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 07:56 PM
    I really must say, we've now experienced many product releases from apple and othe Manufacturers that by this time we should have learned not to release a new product so close to apple's new iPhone announcement. The Priv may have squeezed a little publicity but was surely cut short not to flourish into the public knowing. As bad as BlackBerry's marketing is so is their judgment on timing. For a product on which they will be depending so much you would think they could have done a better job to find the best time to make a press release but I guess they may have been pushed into it by leaks? I don't know the answer but I would expect they will finally implement at the very least a minimal marketing campaign on this phone, if not I don't know what they are thinking. Money doesn't grow on trees and neither does publicity.

Let see some movie stars or pro athletes promoting this phone!

Fingers crossed.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 10:36 AM
    BB10 is the best MSG'ING OS around, the only thing missing is as we all know, app development and support. I do hope they keep up with it so I can keep my Passport.
    I would be very surprised if app developer adoption of BlackBerry 10 were to actually *increase* with the announcement of an Android phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 03:32 PM
386 ... 141516