Absolutely! What's wrong with you guys? Can't you just ignore the device if it's not appealing to you??

I mean, are you also posting on Windows Phone forums how bad that OS is and recommend BB10?!

OS wars are getting too religious these days. And they call their selves atheists.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    09-21-15 01:32 AM
    Nice. Love Android, so secure
    09-21-15 04:47 AM
    BB10 is the best MSG'ING OS around, the only thing missing is as we all know, app development and support. I do hope they keep up with it so I can keep my Passport. This Passport is the only phone I've been able to use for 1.5 years and it hasn't slowed down that I can notice. Usually I want to wipe my phone every 12 months but I actually forgot about that while enjoying this efficient OS. I do wonder how long this new Venice, Android phone will take to slow down? Hmm..... It's unfortunate android is so popular...

One thing that may be enticing about this phone is if it is like Motorola, kept close to android stock. Maybe a little BlackBerry influence to make messaging better but that's it.

Also I wonder how long it will be before it's rooted. You know once the challenge has been set, all the rooter's out there will be going to work to disprove BlackBerry's claims on security.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 09-21-15 at 06:35 AM.
    09-21-15 05:51 AM
    I don't particularly like Android and if BlackBerry can reinvest in the BB10 and app/Dev support with some of the funds from the anticipated sales of the Venice or new line of BlackBerry/Android phones, I would be more than happy to keep my masterful Passport for a long time.

When I migrated over to Android from iPhone I found that some Android apps were buggy when applied to say a samsung phone with the Touchwize skin. I wonder how much frustration would be had with this new version on the Venice. I think I'm happy with my level of minimal frustration on my Passport but I will keep a close ear to how it develops over the first 6 months after release.

Still I hope for its great success so that it may fill the BlackBerry coffers and let them revitalize BB10 and grow their Android sibling.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know how any of it will bring developers, they all ready tried paying them off, begging them etc. If they haven't come yet they never will.
    09-21-15 08:01 AM
    Android contacts app is garbage, and I've used lots of Androids, up to the latest ones. That's my impression anyway. I prefer the BlackBerry 10 contacts app, though iOS one is the best IMO.

Posted via CB10
    : /

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 08:08 AM
    Well my hope is that they will target this android version to consumers and try and keep BB10 updating for business. If they loose any Dev's that work on crucial apps that aren't already on GPS then I'd hope they will do what they did with Facebook but put more energy into keeping them running well with updates as well.

All I can do is hope cause I find BB10 does work the best for me, more so than android or iPhone. I've played with Windows Phone and may have to try that one day if dark days prevail over BB10 but I will give this Venice a shot if I absolutely have to. The keyboard is what is the kicker for me. Touchpad and shortcuts.

Posted via CB10
    I hear ya. I was thinking about wp10 too but I don't want to go from one OS with few good apps to another.
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    09-21-15 08:46 AM
    John Chen is a crafty fellow. If he can surprise us with an android phone then maybe just maybe he can offer another suprise for BB10. We all know he loves BlackBerry personally as admitted.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 08:49 AM
    John Chen is a crafty fellow. If he can surprise us with an android phone then maybe just maybe he can offer another suprise for BB10. We all know he loves BlackBerry personally as admitted.

Posted via CB10
    He might love Blackberry but its not clear he loves BB10 (which he inherited from the previous CEO) - it might have shifted but for a long time if you read his interviews he'd go out of his way never to utter the words BB10.
    09-21-15 09:07 AM
    Getting a little tired of cleaning this thread. Keep it civil before the thread gets closed and infraction start flying. Last warning.
    09-21-15 09:08 AM
    I thought this was supposed to have stereo speakers (top and bottom). It appears to only have a bottom speaker unless the top phone port doubles as a stereo speaker ?? Sound is a selling point for me as the only Androids that I have bought have all been HTC Ones...
    09-21-15 10:38 AM
    All seems nice and the touch sensitive keyboard pushed me over the edge. Now I just need a full reveal.

Posted via CB10
    nonamenomore likes this.
    09-21-15 10:53 AM
    : /
    Posted via CB10
    Sorry
    I thought this was supposed to have stereo speakers (top and bottom). It appears to only have a bottom speaker unless the top phone port doubles as a stereo speaker ?? Sound is a selling point for me as the only Androids that I have bought have all been HTC Ones...
    Two speakers behind the large bottom grill, one flush to the left, the other to the right, both front firing. Unfortunately, this is not the optimal setup for media consumption where top and bottom is better (for example, like the Z30). However, this phone is not targeted for media consumption (read, watching movies and playing games). It is intended to be a workhorse.
    09-21-15 12:10 PM
    Sorry

Two speakers behind the large bottom grill, one flush to the left, the other to the right, both front firing. Unfortunately, this is not the optimal setup for media consumption where top and bottom is better (for example, like the Z30). However, this phone is not targeted for media consumption (read, watching movies and playing games). It is intended to be a workhorse.
    Is that confirmed? Well, as confirmed as the rumoured specs can be, lol. Never had a Z30 but love the sound on the Passport so I'm expecting the sound to be pretty good on the Slider as well.

And thinking on it, a really good sound experience from the Slider (like HTC) could be another big selling point for them. Specs, specs, specs, ha. =)
    09-21-15 12:46 PM
    Will it be better than the passport speakers?

CB10�Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2639
    09-21-15 12:59 PM
    This is sweet i'm very interested in knowing more about this device.

 Q-ing through with my Q 
    09-21-15 01:02 PM
    Is that confirmed? Well, as confirmed as the rumoured specs can be, lol. Never had a Z30 but love the sound on the Passport so I'm expecting the sound to be pretty good on the Slider as well.

And thinking on it, a really good sound experience from the Slider (like HTC) could be another big selling point for them. Specs, specs, specs, ha. =)
    This is based on what can be observed about the current design. It is not confirmed. We will of course know for sure once the phone launches, but I'm 99.9% certain the above will be the setup.
    Will it be better than the passport speakers?

CB10•Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2639
    Should be. Passport has downward firing speakers, where as Venice appears to be front firing. Since the speakers face you, you get more sound traveling towards you, the listener. This should make for a better experience.
    moegh, ayngling and anon(9353145) like this.
    09-21-15 01:03 PM
    This is based on what can be observed about the current design. It is not confirmed. We will of course know for sure once the phone launches, but I'm 99.9% certain the above will be the setup.

Should be. Passport has downward firing speakers, where as Venice appears to be front firing. Since the speakers face you, you get more sound traveling towards you, the listener. This should make for a better experience.
    Thanks. I already love the Passport for speakerphone calls, especially with the microphone / sound software that adjusts based on distance from the phone. I'm not sure if any other Android OEMs (including HTC) have access to that kind of tech? And it blasts out nice volume for music as well. Anyway, hopefully that carries over as well.
    09-21-15 01:09 PM
    The form is not to my liking. I tried the SONY Ultra and the 9 X 16 ratio in a phone that large was awkward. Add the sliding keyboard and the Venice seems to hit that physically uncomfortable level for me (however haven't held it so really do not know). Maybe if they had it sliding at the side?

Doesn't really matter as I'm sticking to my Passport. Right proportions and the right OS.
    The_Passporter and dusanvn like this.
    09-21-15 01:10 PM
    So far since the revelation that it will be running android definitively , no one has hinted at the possibility that they will release two versions of the Venice or at least I haven't seen any. I do hope they come out with both versions, one BB10 and the other BlackDroid lol. Infact that would have been a great name.

To offer two versions of the phone or even the option to load whichever OS you want when you wipe it would be great but I assume that would create a vulnerability for rooting. I hope is is possible or at least give us both to choose from in store.

Anyway that was just a thought

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 09-21-15 at 04:58 PM.
    09-21-15 03:29 PM
    Thanks. I already love the Passport for speakerphone calls, especially with the microphone / sound software that adjusts based on distance from the phone.
    Didn't know this was a feature... only on the PP?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 03:58 PM
    Didn't know this was a feature... only on the PP?

Posted via CB10
    I think it's a software feature, part of the IP / Patents for BlackBerry? For the life of me I can't remember where I read it though, lol. Regardless, speakerphone calls on my Passport are incredible vs my iPhone 6. iPhone no question wins on camera, but BlackBerry owns them on audio quality when it comes to actual voice calls. If they can port that quality over to Android it's another win for them. At least for me, anyway.
    Last edited by Reaney; 09-21-15 at 05:00 PM.
    ayngling likes this.
    09-21-15 04:35 PM
    The form is not to my liking. I tried the SONY Ultra and the 9 X 16 ratio in a phone that large was awkward. Add the sliding keyboard and the Venice seems to hit that physically uncomfortable level for me (however haven't held it so really do not know). Maybe if they had it sliding at the side?

Doesn't really matter as I'm sticking to my Passport. Right proportions and the right OS.
    Horizontal keyboards are horrific on phones. It's the same ratio and size as every other wildly successful smart phone so the masses put the demand on stuff... I am just lucky there is a keyboard as that's my dealbreaker.

Posted via CB10
    The_Passporter likes this.
    09-21-15 04:44 PM
    Someone mentioned how is BB going to secure Android?
    check this out,
    at 1:00 min in he mentions a BugDroid holding up a shield
    You think the shield is actually what is securing Android?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 10:05 PM
    You think the shield is actually what is securing Android?

Posted via CB10
    LOL
    09-21-15 10:20 PM
    Can't wait for more information on this phone!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 11:43 PM
386 ... 13141516