Why would I be laughed off the forum? I don't care what you think or anyone else. I'm just trying to find out what is and isn't. I'm not saying it is one way or the other definitively so I guess I can't be wrong but you on the others hand have put yourself on one side of the fence. If you are wrong then I guess you will be embarrassed.
    Enjoy your laugh little boy.

And By the way that's the video I told you he said it was android skinned lmao!!! Who's laughing now )))))))))

Children....ugh!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 12:59 PM
    Lol your posts are so ignorant, just stop.

It will have Google services, for the last time it's an android with blackberry productive suite.
    09-20-15 01:03 PM
    Why would I be laughed off the forum? I don't care what you think or anyone else. I'm just trying to find out what is and isn't. I'm not saying it is one way or the other definitively so I guess I can't be wrong but you on the others hand have put yourself on one side of the fence. If you are wrong then I guess you will be embarrassed.
    Enjoy your laugh little boy.

And By the way that's the video I told you he said it was android skinned lmao!!! Who's laughing now )))))))))

Children....ugh!!!

Posted via CB10
    Lol... brutal. Just brutal. The way you're going on and on about this, I imagine you could have the device in your hand, and still somehow believe that it is BB10 skinned as Android,.. so I guess you'll never *really* know.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 01:08 PM
    Lol... brutal. Just brutal. The way you're going on and on about this, I imagine you could have the device in your hand, and still somehow believe that it is BB10 skinned as Android,.. so I guess you'll never *really* know.

Posted via CB10
    Some people just refused to believe what's clearly right in front of them.
    09-20-15 01:14 PM
    that's the video I told you he said it was android skinned
    It is. But skinned and forked are two separate things, luckily. Google will allow handset manufacturers to skin Google's android, and still have Google Play, but not to fork it. That is why Samsung can have the Touchwiz skin and still have Play, while Amazon's Fire Phone and Blackphone's PrivatOS cannot.

A ton of leaks indicate that BlackBerry secured android is running Google's android (with some security patches on it), with a light skin. (The skin is probably light so that it will be quicker for BlackBerry to update their OS whenever Google has fixed a vulnerability.)
    09-20-15 01:17 PM
    It is. But skinned and forked are two separate things, luckily. Google will allow handset manufacturers to skin Google's android, and still have Google Play, but not to fork it. That is why Samsung can have the Touchwiz skin and still have Play, while Amazon's Fire Phone and Blackphone's PrivatOS cannot.

A ton of leaks indicate that BlackBerry secured android is running Google's android (with some security patches on it), with a light skin. (The skin is probably light so that it will be quicker for BlackBerry to update their OS whenever Google has fixed a vulnerability.)
    That is a very good explanation and point. I will look into that.

Thank you for the info and for not being rude like over addicted Berries in here.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    09-20-15 01:21 PM
    Sorry didn't mean to ruin your day with relevant info you missed from the video. Perhaps turn on the volume next time and you can hear what he is saying next time.
    I totally understand that you feel this way if someone told you Google does not allow Play services on a skinned android. They do, luckily, but they do not allow it on forked android versions.
    09-20-15 01:21 PM
    Thank you for the info and for not being rude
    My pleasure
    09-20-15 01:22 PM
    Sorry didn't mean to ruin your day with relevant info you missed from the video. Perhaps turn on the volume next time and you can hear what he is saying next time.
    :-)

Posted via CB10
    OK - at what time code does he use the words "skinned?" He does say "running android" and "software very androidish" - so where does he say "skinned"?
    09-20-15 01:27 PM
    "The weight is very balanced, it is slim and has great features from both BlackBerrry and Android, like Universal Search, Hub, and Google Services."
    Joao Oliveira and Bbnivende like this.
    09-20-15 02:04 PM
    This phone makes a lot more sense now after the Good acquisition. Chen's plan is starting to unfold. BB10 + BES is an eroding market even with BES's capabilities to containerize other devices. Companies simply want no part of it. Now with Good Chen can sell them a secured Android device that leverages AFW, has a VKB + touch sensitive PKB, good specs, access to all the GAPPS, Google Services, as well as Play Store. The device also uses stock Android so any OS updates (security fixes) will come to the device much faster. Add in the Blackberry apps like hub, contacts, search, and you have a very compelling offering to enterprises. Chen can also promise licensing discounts to companies willing to exclusively offer only their device to their employees. Brilliant strategy on paper. Let's hope it works for Blackberry's sake.
    The companies should just buy iOS. It's probably more secure and works better with Good.

BB10 is an eroding market because Chen has neglected it. He killed developer relations, didn't convert to Qt5, and didn't provide any Blendy APIs. Basically, BlackBerry will be forsaking all the potential future profits of owning it's own platform to become an Android device manufacturer. Makes you long for the days of Thor and Mike L....

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 02:20 PM
    The companies should just buy iOS. It's probably more secure and works better with Good.

BB10 is an eroding market because Chen has neglected it. He killed developer relations, didn't convert to Qt5, and didn't provide any Blendy APIs. Basically, BlackBerry will be forsaking all the potential future profits of owning it's own platform to become an Android device manufacturer. Makes you long for the days of Thor and Mike L....

Posted via CB10
    It was done looong before Chen ever came along. He was the only one smart enough to get off the pot.

But let's not derail this thread.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    09-20-15 02:33 PM
    I wonder if email will be as good as BB10 email. Nothing compares. I imagine that would be a deal breaker for most corporate users
    09-20-15 02:41 PM
    I wonder if email will be as good as BB10 email. Nothing compares. I imagine that would be a deal breaker for most corporate users
    What's the alternative? It will certainly be as good as any iPhone or current Android device.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    09-20-15 02:44 PM
    I really hope so too. I think this is one thing BlackBerry understands very well, though, so I bet they will do all they can to make it just as good as on BB10, and Android is flexible, so (almost) whatever they want to do they can.
    09-20-15 03:07 PM
    I love the hardware, but I will pass if I can't put BB OS 10 on it instead of useless Android.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 03:34 PM
    I don't particularly like Android and if BlackBerry can reinvest in the BB10 and app/Dev support with some of the funds from the anticipated sales of the Venice or new line of BlackBerry/Android phones, I would be more than happy to keep my masterful Passport for a long time.

When I migrated over to Android from iPhone I found that some Android apps were buggy when applied to say a samsung phone with the Touchwize skin. I wonder how much frustration would be had with this new version on the Venice. I think I'm happy with my level of minimal frustration on my Passport but I will keep a close ear to how it develops over the first 6 months after release.

Still I hope for its great success so that it may fill the BlackBerry coffers and let them revitalize BB10 and grow their Android sibling.

Posted via CB10
    astrodan13 likes this.
    09-20-15 06:56 PM
    this phone is going to be the motorola razor of 2016
    09-20-15 07:52 PM
    I hope MKBHD reviews this once it's out as it will should get a good amount of exposure on youtube to the android crowd. He has not reviewed any BB10 phones before.
    The_Passporter likes this.
    09-20-15 08:03 PM
    Play nice people.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    astrodan13, 00stryder and ayngling like this.
    09-20-15 08:11 PM
    Nope, the G3 doesn't lag too badly it just stutters a lot. I have one & don't like the stutter and therefore don't use it. My Note Edge doesn't stutter but still lags a bit although not as bad as my Note 3.
    I'm sorry, but how do you differentiate between "stutter" and "lag" exactly?

They both sound undesirable.

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    09-20-15 08:14 PM
    Email and calendaring I would hope. Let's just say collaboration features.

I'm cautiously optimistic though as carrying forward the hub functionality would seem to be a good sign.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 08:16 PM
    Email and calendaring I would hope. Let's just say collaboration features.

I'm cautiously optimistic though as carrying forward the hub functionality would seem to be a good sign.

Posted via CB10
    As long as they don't bring over the BB10 Contacts app.

Lol

Posted via CB10
    The_Passporter, extisis and tmf06 like this.
    09-20-15 08:18 PM
    As long as they don't bring over the BB10 Contacts app.

Lol

Posted via CB10
    Lol well, if the contacts app icon from the leaked pics/video are any indication, we may not be so lucky...
    09-20-15 10:57 PM
    Android contacts app is garbage, and I've used lots of Androids, up to the latest ones. That's my impression anyway. I prefer the BlackBerry 10 contacts app, though iOS one is the best IMO.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 12:14 AM
386 ... 1213141516