According to the same site, the device is expected to run OS 10.3.2

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 12:57 AM
    Androiders will defend it, reality will sink in eventually though. The interface does look like crap and Not impressed. I guess it impresses the run of the mill droid user. Not us.

Posted via CB10
    I love BB10 as much as a lot of other members here but I'm keeping an open mind and will wait to see if it offers me things that I'd like rather than being a jerk and criticizing everyone that defends it. If it turns out not to be my cup of tea than I'll decide what to do at that time.
    00stryder likes this.
    09-20-15 01:25 AM
    Oh man... has Passport-like touch keyboard.

Seriously, I don't see how this can NOT get any true gadget lover's juices flowing!

Posted via CB10
    Correct. I just have to warm up to Android a bit. Not just as a toy or to play around with it. I mean, it wouldn't hurt to have one here in the collection... :-)

(Still, a BB10 version fed to the market after the first release would probably make sense...)

�   Leakers' gonna leak... :-)   �
    09-20-15 06:16 AM
    According to the same site, the device is expected to run OS 10.3.2

Posted via CB10
    According to Thurask it'd a fake.
    09-20-15 07:27 AM
    [warn]Please keep the discussion to the video, and let's not turn this into yet another referendum on BB10 vs Android and the productivity merits thereof. And knock off the personal bickering.

Thank you. [/warn]
    09-20-15 07:46 AM
    I love BB10 as much as a lot of other members here but I'm keeping an open mind and will wait to see if it offers me things that I'd like rather than being a jerk and criticizing everyone that defends it. If it turns out not to be my cup of tea than I'll decide what to do at that time.
    Question still remains, will it have Google Play Services? This is the hinge that makes a world of difference as for app working or not. The video released said that it was a BlackBerry, skinned android on top. Last I checked Google did not approve such a design for Google Play Services.
    If such is the case then nothing will have change as far a s apps even if they let them download from the Play Store.

The Slider looks amazing and cool but again the whole thing hangs on whether John Chen can convince Google to grant them special permission to have Google Play Services which I don't know why they would if they haven't met the requirements.
    Requirements are Google first on a phone then you can skin it with what you want like Samsung does.

So here we are waiting again with no information on what is to come. Hanging in the balance while the wind blows us around.
    I for one would love a little more transparency to keep us up to date.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 08:41 AM
    Question still remains, will it have Google Play Services? This is the hinge that makes a world of difference as for app working or not. The video released said that it was a BlackBerry, skinned android on top. Last I checked Google did not approve such a design for Google Play Services.
    If such is the case then nothing will have change as far a s apps even if they let them download from the Play Store.

The Slider looks amazing and cool but again the whole thing hangs on whether John Chen can convince Google to grant them special permission to have Google Play Services which I don't know why they would if they haven't met the requirements.
    Requirements are Google first on a phone then you can skin it with what you want like Samsung does.

So here we are waiting again with no information on what is to come. Hanging in the balance while the wind blows us around.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, Google Play Services and Store will be there. Absolutely no doubt.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    09-20-15 08:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'm pretty sure the video and all the leaked images have painted a very clear picture that it will be running Android,.. not BB10 skinned to look like Android, not QNX skinned to look like Android,.. just Android with some BlackBerry apps and built-in UI enhancements.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 08:57 AM
    Question still remains, will it have Google Play Services?
    Umm, isn't that the whole point of this device? To offer a product with access to the broad Android ecosystem? If not that, then what? To make something that looks like Android but without the apps???
    kbz1960 and extisis like this.
    09-20-15 09:09 AM
    I'm pretty sure the video and all the leaked images have painted a very clear picture that it will be running Android,.. not BB10 skinned to look like Android, not QNX skinned to look like Android,.. just Android with some BlackBerry apps and built-in UI enhancements.

Posted via CB10
    Uhmm I'm pretty sure I heard the guy in the video say it is skinned android. If so then I don't think Google allows Google Play Services on devices without android first. Will be interesting to see.

Perhaps you should not just watch the video but listen to what he says also?

This URL will help you get what I'm saying.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1027673
    Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 09:57 AM
    Yes, Google Play Services and Store will be there. Absolutely no doubt.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    Lots of doubt but thanks for your reassurance.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 09:58 AM
    Lots of doubt but thanks for your reassurance.

Posted via CB10
    Why do you have lots of doubt? The leaks and video doesn't sway you huh.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 10:01 AM
    Why do you have lots of doubt? The leaks and video doesn't sway you huh.

Posted via CB10
    Well he said in the video it was skinned so:

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 10:02 AM
    You know you can customize just about everything on Android right? That's the beauty of it, download a different launcher or even some icon packs and change the look.

Or maybe it's just the wallpaper on the phone that give you that impression.
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    No, BB10 and Android are fundamentally different. The interface is different. BB10 has no use for a home button nor customisation, no provisions were made to have an area at the bottom of the screen for any of those buttons. (ie look at the Z10 all the way to the Passport). BB10 uses a lot of swiping gestures while Android doesn't.

It's not just a skin or icon pack. It's the entire interface + hardware
    A good example were the Palm Pre series. Those would never run Android well. The screen itself was tiny. The hardware on those included that odd swiping area below the screen for navigation and the swipe up to minimise the window. (a forerunner to BB10)

I see zilch swiping up to minimise windows in the video demo.

I thought the WebOS on the Palm Pres were perfect but I then went on to the Z10 because no Android customisation could get me to WebOS. BB10 was the closest
    09-20-15 10:07 AM
    Well he said in the video it was skinned so:

Posted via CB10
    I'm assuming that the reason behind an android BlackBerry would be to provide Google svcs to the whiners and complainers (not to mention appeal to the Droid crowd). Why else would they go this route? To be in the same position we're in now? Then it makes no sense to even put a google-less android on it- might as well have stuck with BB10.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and ayngling like this.
    09-20-15 10:08 AM
    I'm assuming that the reason behind an android BlackBerry would be to provide Google svcs to the whiners and complainers (not to mention appeal to the Droid crowd). Why else would they go this route? To be in the same position we're in now? Then it makes no sense to even put a google-less android on it- might as well have stuck with BB10.

Posted via CB10
    That is where I am confused also. Now we are both confused lol!!

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 10:11 AM
    Why do people keep insisting there's no Hub. At the 1:05 mark he says "BlackBerry Hub" and shows the Hub icon. Yet I still keep reading from people, "No Hub!"
    It's not the hub that they designed to be used with BB10.
    It's an android customisation that doesn't integrate as well as they envisioned and implemented in BB10. You saw how he was pressing a button to bring it up. How's the swipe up and right to get into the hub going to work properly when you are in another window then?
    09-20-15 10:11 AM
    The device will have Google Play and Google Services. I have used Samsung for the past five years or so. TouchWiz is Samsung's skin. Nearly every manufacturer has some kind of skin, but all also have Google Services.

I must say, coming from Samsung, the Venice operating system looks great. Samsung tends to over skin their OS. The Venice OS looks pure like a Nexus device, yet has a touch of Blackberry thrown in. That is what will make it a winner. Folks in Android want a pure experience with the security that it has lacked in the past. This device should provide both.
    ayngling and 00stryder like this.
    09-20-15 10:19 AM
    That is where I am confused also. Now we are both confused lol!!

Posted via CB10
    I think you're the only one that's confused. It's an Android device with a very thin (we don't know exactly how thin) BlackBerry skin. Because it's an Android device, it will have all of Google Play Services available to it.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 10:20 AM
    If both BB10 and Android are available for installation on this device, even not at the same time, I may get it for the sake of testing Android on a BlackBerry, and for the sake of this being the nearest thing to a Z50.

And after testing I probably will load it back to BB10 again to enjoy the flow.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    slade632 likes this.
    09-20-15 10:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    So... what you're saying is: this should appeal to the 'whiners and complainers' + the Droid crowd.

Time to buy more BBRY.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 10:24 AM
    The device will have Google Play and Google Services. I have used Samsung for the past five years or so. TouchWiz is Samsung's skin. Nearly every manufacturer has some kind of skin, but all also have Google Services.

I must say, coming from Samsung, the Venice operating system looks great. Samsung tends to over skin their OS. The Venice OS looks pure like a Nexus device, yet has a touch of Blackberry thrown in. That is what will make it a winner. Folks in Android want a pure experience with the security that it has lacked in the past. This device should provide both.
    GEEZ!!! Will you take the time it takes to type nonsense and use it to read the link in the post above before spewing.

The problem is its skinned android not touchwize. Opposite and different idea

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 10:28 AM
    Time to buy more BBRY.

Posted via CB10
    let's hope people do. if not then this would be all for nothing.
    09-20-15 10:29 AM
    It's not the hub that they designed to be used with BB10.
    I wonder what has happened to those apk files which were found in the leaked image.

https://mobile.twitter.com/evleaks/s...40552639102976

Venice hands-on video-blackberry_apk.jpg

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 10:32 AM
    GEEZ!!! Will you take the time it takes to type nonsense and use it to read the link in the post above before spewing.

The problem is its skinned android not touchwize. Opposite and different idea

Posted via CB10
    Actually,.. it's pretty much the exact same. Despite whatever you have read or heard to the contrary. You're confused, because it doesn't make sense,.. and that's exactly why it's not true. lol.

Posted via CB10
    bp2k7 likes this.
    09-20-15 10:40 AM
386 ... 1011121314 ...