It'll probably look better in person

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 11:30 AM
    It'll probably look better in person

Posted via CB10
    My approach to online dating.
    09-19-15 11:48 AM
    I agree with that, the icons and general skin look babyish on this. It sucks.

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    Androiders will defend it, reality will sink in eventually though. The interface does look like crap and Not impressed. I guess it impresses the run of the mill droid user. Not us.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 01:17 PM
    Androiders will defend it, reality will sink in eventually though. The interface does look like crap and Not impressed. I guess it impresses the run of the mill droid user. Not us.

Posted via CB10
    I've never used Android myself, and I'm impressed, so...

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 01:27 PM
    BB10 is not profitable for BlackBerry as it stands.
    i'd like to rephrase this if you don't mind:

The BlackBerry handset division is not sustainable if the only devices BlackBerry sells run BB10 OS.

Which is to say that if BlackBerry can produce handset hardware and that hardware can run a secured version of Android OR BB10, there may be enough BB10 customers to justify further development of BB10.

Android slider for $800 or BB10 for $850?

My choice is the BB10 version.

(EDIT for those who don't do math just "because", if every BB10 device sold for a premium of $50 over that of the Android version, and they sell only 1 MILLION BB10 versions, that's $50 MILLION dollars for BB10 development. Sounds like enough to keep BB10 going if you ask me.... and since the development cost to more-than-just-maintain BB10 is probably not anywhere NEAR $50 million, it needn't be that much anyway. Or, I'd take a 16 GB + empty Micro SD card slot BB10 version for the same price as the 32 GB + empty SD card slot Android version, that kind of price difference.
    Last edited by RyanGermann; 09-19-15 at 02:08 PM.
    ayngling, 00stryder and Allanon89 like this.
    09-19-15 01:44 PM
    [Republication � partir de *Ann's BlackBerry Ch... C0001BBB7]
    If this is accurate, the Venice STV 100-6 is shown in this document with a Snapdragon 808 processor, 3 GB RAM, two quad cores, 5.4" screen, 1440 x 2560 (544.6P) display, Bluetooth 4.0, LTE-A, 18 MP CMOS main camera with 5 MP CMOS front-facing camera, OIS, Corning Gorilla glass screen and Miracast.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 372110
    09-19-15 01:46 PM

The BlackBerry handset division is not sustainable if the only devices BlackBerry sells run BB10 OS.

Which is to say that if BlackBerry can produce handset hardware and that hardware can run a secured version of Android OR BB10, there may be enough BB10 customers to justify further development of BB10.
    But even for diehards, do you really think there is much of a market for BB10 without an android runtime? I just don't see it.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-19-15 02:45 PM
    Some people complain about the video is beeing recorded or uploaded in 480p only. I think the main reason is to make sure that the id's and numbers are not readable. Don't you think?

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 04:32 PM
    Some people complain about the video is beeing recorded or uploaded in 480p only. I think the main reason is to make sure that the id's and numbers are not readable. Don't you think?

Posted via CB10
    No... probably he just decided to use 480p!

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and kja123 like this.
    09-19-15 04:45 PM
    Just 5 things that I need to know about the device

1. Battery life
    2. Speaker
    3. Camera
    4. Can the PKB do the shortcut and speed dial?
    5. Build quality

Sorry for bad english

~gly~
    09-19-15 05:05 PM
    1. Battery life should be predictable... expect something like most androids have in the 5 - 5.5 inch phones. Don't expect the phone to come with huge battery like 6 inch phones have.

2. Have you seen the video? if not, you should before posting, but even if you did, the hub will be integrated like he shows at 1:05min. The rest, well, it's the hub, so basicly he should get messages from different apps all together, that's basicly what the Hub does in BB10.

3. How do can you see that in the video? the front is done with the Glass screen, want it made of diamond? The back seems the same glass weave the Q10 and Z30 have, and to me, it's better looking than the passport, while the feel is about the same, both Z30 and passport have the rubberized finish wich makes the phone grippy. Yeah, the keyboard is plastic, but what did you expect? it is touch sensitive, wich is GREAT!

4. To look good and eye catching. Easy as that. S6 Edge with this screen is selling pretty well despite being 100$ more expensive than the regular S6.
    Of course I watched the video. I saw hub there but I was referring to the gestures flow. It's clearly a click instead of a swipe to show hub icon. As for metal, many phones like Passport use metal frame to surround the phone and some of them like HTC use metal at the back of their phones. Besides I wasn't trying to convince anyone to agree with me, just saying I am as excited. You are apparently a camper of this phone, that's fine with me but I am not, not with the information we have at the moment anyway.
    09-19-15 05:07 PM
    then you don't know better.
    Well I know enough as a Z30 user that my OS & device is slowly becoming useless to me as each month goes by. The native Map is not updated and is woefully inferior to the Google Map in terms of presentation and up-to-dated roads. BBWorld apps are no longer being updated and some have stopped working; plenty of threads about the FB app and chatting apps. Certain android apps I use like American Airlines got a recent update and now won't work without the G-Play services. I don't want to go through the hassle of having to install Cobalt's G-Play and have to reinstall over a dozen apps. I don't have the time. And speaking of the Android run time on BB10, it's already 2 versions behind, soon to be three when Android M is released. Soon Android apps on BB10 will quit working.

Soon the BB10 will only be good for emails and texting.... kinda like pre-2007 during BB's heyday. Ironic.

Every month I encounter real-world, real use problems with the BB10. The writings on the wall. I know better.
    Xaiux, LazyEvul and Bbnivende like this.
    09-19-15 06:59 PM
    saw it on YouTube..
    Liked it on YouTube ..
    Preloaded on fast tube app on my z3..
    Seen 10times till now..
    Venice hands-on video-vector-tired-cartoon-woman-sleeping-while-standing-ron-leishman-35304.jpg

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    09-19-15 07:58 PM
    i do much more on my BB10 phone than just phone, text, email. and will continue to do so. widgets and customization are cool but not what i need. it could be insane for you, it's just a lot of fluff IMO. Glad this phone fulfills all of your desires. As long as there is no BB10 variant- it's just another android. and that is just sad. Since this is BBRY's hail mary play in the 4th quarter of their handset career- it'd be nice if they also appealed to their own BB10 audience. Doubtful though.
    For me, it's another Blackberry, which is what I want hardware wise. Software wise, I like tinkering, and having all the apps I want to do whatever I want. Android does that better than BB10 for me. Unfortunately, Blackberry has hardly any BB10 audience so it's not worth appealing to them. The Venice is basically my dream phone, with Blackberry hardware plus Android software, in a portrait slider form factor.
    09-19-15 08:40 PM
    trying for what? and what's not working?
    Catering to the faithful customers. BB10 is not working and neither are PKB BB10 phones.
    09-19-15 08:44 PM
    Catering to the faithful customers. BB10 is not working and neither are PKB BB10 phones.
    i didn't mean in general. i meant for this slider. that's all.
    09-19-15 08:46 PM
    No... probably he just decided to use 480p!

Posted via CB10
    I think this is the new marketing approach of BlackBerry. Meaning that what he is showing in the video is exactly what he is allowed to show.

A classic post via CB10 app
    09-19-15 09:24 PM

The problem is, the mere existence of a Venice type device will further cannibalize the BB10 user base - further collapsing BB10's attractiveness to any developers.
    Just look at all the BB10 users who are interested in the Venice. It will actually serve to speed up the downward spiral of BB10.
    Also, this seems to be completely outsourced - not saving much of a "Handset Division" - more of a licensing deal.
    It's sad that it has come to this. All I wanted was a Z50 with BB10.
    09-19-15 09:34 PM
    So when would the developers come without an android device? Never, just like now. So what's the difference?
    As I said, the difference is that this will speed up the process. People act like there are no developers for BB10. That is not true. There are few - and shrinking. I'm afraid the end is inevitable, and this will speed it up.
    My post was a response to someone who seemed to think this could help save BB10.
    09-19-15 09:48 PM
    There's a lot more to Android than those apps. If that's how you feel, then yeah, you should stick with your legacy BB10 OS.

Posted via C5303
    I don't feel. I see. I see Androiders on their massive amount of social apps at work. While I'm using a leveler app, scientific calculator app, PDF scanner app, etc. I know there's a lot more to android but do ppl use it to its full potential? The androiders at my work show otherwise. Small sample of people but I'm sure it reciprocates 10-fold in other work sites. Fluff. I need substance man! You know me well enough.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 11:36 PM
    Love how everything on Android "appears to lag"... play with the wife's lg 3g all the time.. no lag... none at all....has to do with configuration and hardware... all the generalizations get to be tedious... wait till final version before starting all this again....
    generalizations are made because it's seen from phone to phone. there are plenty of final versions of android phones that do this even the S6, deal with it.
    Allanon89 likes this.
    09-19-15 11:54 PM
    I don't feel. I see. I see Androiders on their massive amount of social apps at work. While I'm using a leveler app, scientific calculator app, PDF scanner app, etc. I know there's a lot more to android but do ppl use it to its full potential? The androiders at my work show otherwise. Small sample of people but I'm sure it reciprocates 10-fold in other work sites. Fluff. I need substance man! You know me well enough.

Posted via CB10
    You know just about every type of app that you've mentioned is also available for Android right? Hell, I just got an email from my bank saying I could use Android Pay so now I can use my phone rather than pulling out my wallet when purchasing things

It seems like you don't like the idea of other users using their phones for social media and using time wasting apps (games, etc) I personally don't care what others do. If people want to snap chat, Instagram, and be on Facebook all day then that's on them.

It's just silly to think that one can't be productive on an android or even ios device. It's all on his you use it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    Uzi, 00stryder and pantlesspenguin like this.
    09-20-15 12:20 AM
    You know just about every type of app that you've mentioned is also available for Android right? Hell, I just got an email from my bank saying I could use Android Pay so now I can use my phone rather than pulling out my wallet when purchasing things

It seems like you don't like the idea of other users using their phones for social media and using time wasting apps (games, etc) I personally don't care what others do. If people want to snap chat, Instagram, and be on Facebook all day then that's on them.

It's just silly to think that one can't be productive on an android or even ios device. It's all on his you use it.

i'm making the point that i do more with my BlackBerry 10 phone than dial, text and email. since people are now claiming that that's all it pretty much does now, ala BBOS. anything you blurt about android man we already know. we already know how much you love it. just how you feel about your beloved android i feel about my BB10. take that as a negative comment if you wish but that's the reality. and i'm not just one person, there's plenty of us that feel the same way. not enough to turn the market, not enough to make a difference- but we're here. you need to deal with that.
    Allanon89 likes this.
    09-20-15 12:24 AM
    i'm making the point that i do more with my BlackBerry 10 phone than dial, text and email. since people are now claiming that that's all it pretty much does now, ala BBOS. anything you blurt about android man we already know. we already know how much you love it. just how you feel about your beloved android i feel about my BB10. take that as a negative comment if you wish but that's the reality. and i'm not just one person, there's plenty of us that feel the same way. not enough to turn the market, not enough to make a difference- but we're here. you need to deal with that.
    I'm far from loving my Android device. I'm not going to say it's perfect, I'm not that delusional. It has its faults but out of all the OS's, it works best for me.

I notice a few users on here tend to say that's all they do is "text, make phone calls and respond to emails" on their blackberries and they're glad that their phone lacks apps since apps are a distraction and their all about business or whatever.

I'm sure bb10 is a very capable device but that must be a reason why some bb10 users are looking forward towards the blackberry slider.

00stryder likes this.
    09-20-15 12:55 AM
    There you go using that "we" despite my obvious blunder previously. But you know what? I give up. I came here to learn more about the Venice, for my own personal interest, and what those interests are and what I want/believe is not what everybody wants/needs/believes/sees. I don't like my own part in derailing this thread so I'm stopping here. Think and say what you want but freedom of speech doesn't give you free reign to bash others for what they enjoy or are excited about. And I'm not the one who's going to do anything about it; that's what we have mods for.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 12:56 AM
386 ... 910111213 ...