They can already have that by pulling in code underneath CyanogenMod Privacy Guard app. Remember app permissions have been in Android since KitKat but its been buried and arcane to the average user; Marshmallow just makes it user friendly.

Attachment 371990
    Oh yeah, I know about App Ops and Jelly Bean. It's just a bonus with Marshmallow now that Google is officially supporting it on stock Android. Long overdue, but great to see that it's now going to be officially available to everyone.
    09-18-15 03:30 PM
    No showing off the hub or other important apps?? Really?

What a waste of a video.

Posted via CB10
    Next leak video. Lol.
    09-18-15 03:30 PM
    Aside from that sliding keyboard, I'm not impressed with this device.
    09-18-15 03:34 PM
    LOVING IT!!!!

I'm definitely buying this. I know the outer shell will look much better in final revision but hot damn. It has the touch-sensitive keyboard like the Passport? SOLD!

Didn't see the red blinking light but that's okay, I can do without. My money is ready for this bad boy!!!
    Why do you think the outer shell will look much better? Or is it that just that you hope it will.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 03:35 PM
    Aside from that sliding keyboard, I'm not impressed with this device.
    You want it to print money too?!

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    09-18-15 03:35 PM
    Why do you think the outer shell will look much better? Or is it that just hope it will.

Posted via CB10
    Go look at the pictures of the LEAKED Passport, that thing look absolutely disgusting. The pre-release device looks ugly on purpose, the final form will be well trimmed and clean. Once you see the leaked pre-released Passport pics, you'll understand.
    will308 likes this.
    09-18-15 03:37 PM
    It's not lagging.. It's just how the implementation of scrolling was done. They realistically should have added a continued reaction scroll, like letting it slide a bit more before stopping. The way it works when you use a touchscreen device to scroll up and down with your finger. The problem here is that they made it a 1 to 1 ratio and it stops on a dime. They don't let it continue to scroll and slow down gracefully, thus, making it look really damn choppy when he is scrolling with it. They just need to allow for a graceful slow scroll before stopping. The device isn't actually lagging, it just appears that way because you aren't used to seeing scrolling that stops so abruptly.
    They already do this on the Passport, no?

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 03:37 PM
    We know the physical keyboard is a niche draw; it remains to be seen just how large or small that niche is.

Attachment 371966
    The big question is how many folks have really wanted a real BB keyboard, but not enough to use BB10 and settle for the various limitations and differences. Add that to the number of folks who are willing to move from BB10 to this. We will see.
    09-18-15 03:39 PM
    The new Google Secure mobile, a line of devices developed by BlackBerry....

No BB10...no upgrade for me...Oh wait, Verizon won't have it anyway....lol.
    09-18-15 03:42 PM
    The new Google Secure mobile, a line of devices developed by BlackBerry....

No BB10...no upgrade for me...Oh wait, Verizon won't have it anyway....lol.
    One of evleaks' posts was that it would come out on all four major US carriers.
    ayngling and david7saad like this.
    09-18-15 03:47 PM
    Oh wait, Verizon won't have it anyway....lol.
    This phone will replace my Verizon LG G2, if they get it. I have been wanting a BlackBerry on Verizon. Have my Passport on TMO and the coverage is just not great once I get off the beaten path.

(Fingers crossed...)
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-18-15 03:53 PM
    Interesting that the screen is curved but not the display

Q10 on 10.3.2.2474
    09-18-15 04:12 PM

I think this will sell to current BB fans and actually grab some Android fans that have been disappointed with the flagships this year. Not sure what some BB fans will do if there is no OS10 version though.
    Ironically that will be the final deathblow for BB10 - this will collapse support amongst the faithful.
    09-18-15 04:14 PM
    People are going crazy on the android's reddit page.
    09-18-15 04:28 PM
    I love my Z30, but I'm getting this. After watching the video, it's looking sweeter and sweeter. At least you tap and swipe up to get to main screen almost like BlackBerry 10. If the hub works as good as my Z30, I'm sold.

Rocking a Z30 on Verizon
    Yeah, I have the excellent Z30 as well, and now the super Passport Stainless Steel Silver Edition. Would love to see a Z50, but I may get the "Venice" as well!!

Posted via CB10
    ayngling likes this.
    09-18-15 04:33 PM
    Interesting that XDA already has a subforum for this device. They seem confident that it will be an Android device they can play with.
    BlackBerry Venice - XDA Forums
    09-18-15 04:40 PM
    I really like the change in direction,otherwise forget about it, lol

Sent from my 5 star BlackBerry Passport
    09-18-15 04:46 PM
    Well this feature is a absolutely Android basic. Most Androids give you the ability to select what app you want to start that way, and where the icons should come up... So I don't see how this makes it unique...
    It's unique in the fact it has 3 ring targets. Most have a single one which is usually used for Google Now. Having multiple is usually a feature used on custom ROMs and is great. I've generally used them for the notification and quick settings as it's far quicker to swipe them than reposition my finger. I could easily be wrong but I know of no stock OEM that includes this feature (maybe One Plus One but they are using Cyanogen).

As for the video I'm impressed. No B10 skin, just vanilla droid so should score well with reviewers. And is getting a fair amount of coverage from the media. I'll be surprised if this doesn't sell really well.
    09-18-15 04:52 PM
    Love that it has the touch sensitive keyboard. It's so much better to scroll through long web pages, I use it a lot on my Passport
    09-18-15 04:52 PM
    Ironically that will be the final deathblow for BB10 - this will collapse support amongst the faithful.
    Exactly.
    09-18-15 04:55 PM
    Interesting that XDA already has a subforum for this device. They seem confident that it will be an Android device they can play with.
    Its 100% going to be android so ...
    09-18-15 04:56 PM
    I'm wondering, nowhere I've seen specs on the actual keyboard, do we know or have an idea if it will be backlit enabled?
    09-18-15 04:58 PM
    Its 100% going to be android so ...
    I more meant that XDA is confident they can do something with it.
    09-18-15 05:00 PM
    I don't know, not convinced yet:

1. Battery life?
    2. Too used to Peek and flow now, not sure how the hub is integrated in Android
    3. A little plastic-ish... I know this is a test device and the real deal usually is much nicer, but still.
    4. That curve edge, what's it for?

At this point no urge to camp outside of ShopBlackBerry store

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    1. Battery life should be predictable... expect something like most androids have in the 5 - 5.5 inch phones. Don't expect the phone to come with huge battery like 6 inch phones have.

2. Have you seen the video? if not, you should before posting, but even if you did, the hub will be integrated like he shows at 1:05min. The rest, well, it's the hub, so basicly he should get messages from different apps all together, that's basicly what the Hub does in BB10.

3. How do can you see that in the video? the front is done with the Glass screen, want it made of diamond? The back seems the same glass weave the Q10 and Z30 have, and to me, it's better looking than the passport, while the feel is about the same, both Z30 and passport have the rubberized finish wich makes the phone grippy. Yeah, the keyboard is plastic, but what did you expect? it is touch sensitive, wich is GREAT!

4. To look good and eye catching. Easy as that. S6 Edge with this screen is selling pretty well despite being 100$ more expensive than the regular S6.
    09-18-15 05:06 PM
    And that's not a bad thing. I guess it's Game On for rooting...
    Xaiux and david7saad like this.
    09-18-15 05:11 PM
386 ... 56789 ...