Wouldn't need it if it supported Chromecast and WiFi sharing.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-18-15 01:25 PM
    Has there ever been a BlackBerry device that doesn't?

Posted via CB10
    Has there ever been a BlackBerry with Android?

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    09-18-15 01:26 PM
    I really like the swipe from the bottom hub integrated alongisde google now and BB search.
    Well this feature is a absolutely Android basic. Most Androids give you the ability to select what app you want to start that way, and where the icons should come up... So I don't see how this makes it unique...
    09-18-15 01:28 PM
    Passport... battery life? You mean 7 hours on PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639?

Posted via CB10
    Used to be like that but my os/radio combo gets me a 12h of heavy usage. Really heavy.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 01:31 PM
    For me I also need the file system to be sensible, BBM video and BlackBerry Travel.

I didn't see any of that yet so I'm seriously not sold.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    09-18-15 01:38 PM
    For me I also need the file system to be sensible, BBM video and BlackBerry Travel.

I didn't see any of that yet so I'm seriously not sold.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm... good point about BBM video, that will be interesting to see whether they add that.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 01:41 PM
    Has there ever been a BlackBerry with Android?

Doesn't matter, it's still a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    bakron1 and david7saad like this.
    09-18-15 01:41 PM
    Doesn't matter, it's still a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely. My point was that it's not because every BlackBerry ever has had a notification LED that the Venice will. I guess it wasn't obvious without the whole context.

09-18-15 01:44 PM
    Lawd that looks pretty and it looks like they are putting serious effort into the camera. BB don't price it over $600 please.
    09-18-15 01:44 PM
    I'm not sold because the experience on this Android will be more clumpsy in use than BlackBerry 10. I agree it looks great and yes there is a HUB , but it's not the same experience you will have with the BB10 hub, ask yourself do you using the Hub app on your BB10 device?

Also thing like apps that are open are keep open moslty and wiht active frames you see which are open and you can close them. Also no peek, gesture or swipe of wipe to wake up.

Again it looks great and the phone also but if you go from BlackBerry 10 to Android stock with Android apps you will probarly regret.

You also must ask you self ? Do you really need Google apps or all other Android apps enough? and I'm sure the phone will come out with BB10 after all Android hysterical people get there bite in this we will see an BB10 slider and I hope in Passport size.
    gebco, Allanon89 and markus2107 like this.
    09-18-15 01:45 PM
    They used LG's knock to wake lol.

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    09-18-15 01:48 PM
    Now that the touch capacitive pkb is confirmed, I'm wondering too if they'll port over:

1. BBM Video. They should imho, even if they limit it to 1 on 1 video chat so not to kill BBM Meetings sales.
    2. BlackBerry Blend. Please, yes, with an open api so devs can add their apps to it.
    3. Remote File Access, esp integrated into a BB File Manager. Again, this would be fantastic.
    4. Device Switch so you can port your BB10 contacts, etc over to the Slider (Oh, the irony).

There's more, but those are biggies that would be fantastic to see included. I think they should go for broke and throw it all in, lol.

EDIT: On a side note, the way these leaks etc seem to be spaced out I'd bet the farm these are controlled leaks to build hype. Seems to be working.
    09-18-15 01:53 PM
    We know the physical keyboard is a niche draw; it remains to be seen just how large or small that niche is.

Attachment 371966
    Even if it is just a gimmick, it will probably compel journalists/bloggers to write about it, and help show the world that BlackBerry is an innovative company. This is about rebranding.
    09-18-15 01:57 PM
    Even if it is just a gimmick, it will probably compel journalists/bloggers to write about it, and help show the world that BlackBerry is an innovative company. This is about rebranding.
    Uh... how is the keyboard (the primary interface with which a user enters text into their communication device)... 'a gimmick'?

A gimmick is something like the 3d touch, or the edge notifications, maybe even voice assistants,.. but a keyboard is certainly not a gimmick.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 02:01 PM
    Sorry blackberry... My passport is my last blackberry then...
    Android no way... Since ios9 Mail can do attachment now, it's time to move
    09-18-15 02:11 PM
    Uh... how is the keyboard (the primary interface with which a user enters text into their communication device)... 'a gimmick'?

A gimmick is something like the 3d touch, or the edge notifications, maybe even voice assistants,.. but a keyboard is certainly not a gimmick.

Posted via CB10
    A physical keyboard, to be clear, is a slightly niche feature almost no other notable devices currently have.
    09-18-15 02:13 PM
    Used to be like that but my os/radio combo gets me a 12h of heavy usage. Really heavy.

Posted via CB10
    What combo?

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport | Been around the world, don't speak the language but workin' wide need no explainin'
    09-18-15 02:15 PM
    Hmmm... not bad!

BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.3.2.2639; BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.1.2480
    09-18-15 02:16 PM
    Wth is a 'professional reviewer'??

Bloggers that get paid for the ads their content causes to be viewed? Yeah... no.

Posted via CB10
    Talking bout CNET, Crackberry, MobileTech Review, etc, etc. Reviewers who go through a device with a fine tooth comb. While there is a degree of subjectiveness or agenda, they can't go over board cause they lose credibility & eventually the audience for their ads. So yea I'll put up with ads just to get a thorough review.

Better than forums where most of the posts are unfortunately semi-literate and way too agenda driven & subjective. They have never been proven to be accurate descriptions of the device to me.

At least with pro reviewers I can filter out their opinions and just focus on what they are describing.
    kbz1960 and pantlesspenguin like this.
    09-18-15 02:19 PM
    The physical keyboard is gimmick because there're already a virtual keyboard.

3d touch (I believe you refer to Apple's 3D Touch) isn't gimmick because it can help making the virtual keyboard more realistic.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 02:20 PM
    What combo?

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport | Been around the world, don't speak the language but workin' wide need no explainin'
    Os 10.3.2.2639 with 799 radio.
    Holds up really well

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 02:20 PM
    Someone who doesn't want a touch-sensitive keyboard that turns the selection cursor on and off every time you accidentally lightly touch the keyboard, or having to use two hands all the time.

There is always a risk with a multi-purpose user interface component like a touch-sensitive keyboard that it will inadvertently switch to it's other 'purpose' when you don't want it to. The touch-sensitive keyboard is a poor substitute for two separate single-purpose user interface components like a keyboard (that's just a keyboard) and a trackpad (that's just a trackpad). When you have a separate keyboard and trackpad, you don't accidentally turn your keyboard into a trackpad when you type, and you don't accidentally turn your trackpad into a keyboard if you 'touch it wrong'.

Also, the hard Call Start and Call End keys on the toolbelt are useful for hanging up a phone call without having to look at the screen which first requires waiting for the proximity sensor to realize the device isn't pressed to your head so it will activate the screen so you can actually even have a "call end" button to push.

Also, despite the popularity of Android in general, the most popular and critically acclaimed devices have PHYSICAL home buttons. It is baffling to me why device manufacturers who are lagging very VERY far behind Apple and Samsung (whose devices ALL have home buttons) don't manufacture a single flagship device WITH a home button on it. Google's Kool-Aid has these stupid soft buttons or capacitive buttons that you have to have lit up or be looking at to use, but a home button like on the best selling Samsung and Apple devices provide a tactile user interface component that other device manufacturers confusingly just don't understand that lots of people actually want. Personally I'd love an Android device where the home button wasn't a moving target (when the device is rotated for example). This isn't hard, but apparently most of these handset vendors don't have any UX experts on board. It may be why I prefer my Samsung Galaxy S4 to my LG Nexus 5 device, even though they're pretty similar in terms of power and screen quality etc.

Irritations like these may not bother "civilians" (i.e. non BlackBerry 'purists'), but they sure bother me.
    I agree on actions starting you didn't want to start but I haven't used a passport to see how often that happens to people.
    09-18-15 02:21 PM
    They used LG's knock to wake lol.

Posted via CB10
    Not just LG. The Sony xperia line and the one plus one has this feature as well. It's convenient.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    sayf777 likes this.
    09-18-15 02:23 PM
    Sorry blackberry... My passport is my last blackberry then...
    Android no way... Since ios9 Mail can do attachment now, it's time to move
    I think it is BB10 under Android skin. So stay tuned. Let's wait and see.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 02:23 PM
    The physical keyboard is gimmick because there're already a virtual keyboard.

3d touch (I bilieve you refer to Apple's 3D Touch) isn't gimmick because it can help making the virtual keyboard more realistic.

Posted via CB10
    Gimmick?

Even if you prefer a vkb, there are many times one would want to use the keyboard without taking up screen space, or use the capacitive keyboard for scrolling or fine cursor control, or use it for custom shortcuts.

If well balanced (which the guy in the video said it was), people may like to use it instead anyway.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    Plazmic Flame and david7saad like this.
    09-18-15 02:26 PM
386 ... 34567 ...