While the Venice is certainly a very sexy looking phone, I have a tendency to have slight mishaps with my devices. So I'm wondering with the curved glass and the slider form factor, what kind of protective cases will be available for the Venice without detracting too much from the form and function of the phone. And I'm also wondering if the screen will be Gorilla Glass 4 and if a film-based screen protector will be enough to keep it safe from falls. I've grown used to using tempered glass screen protectors on my Q10 and prefer the feel of those over film-based protectors. But, given the curved screen, I doubt that a tempered glass one will be available. Thoughts?
    09-02-15 09:24 AM
    The device does not yet officially even exist. I would think a discussion involving accessories might be a bit difficult.

If it's the same screen as the Edge, then there will be plenty of things available. If it's different, then sales will drive third party support.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    Last edited by conite; 09-02-15 at 03:25 PM.
    shravan kumar10 likes this.
    09-02-15 09:32 AM
    Good question Louzer. I've been asking that myself I would think we will see screen protectors for the Venice similar to the ones made for the s6 but the slider option does make the device case difficult. I remember also having a difficult time getting cases for the torch, but I was able to find a great two piece case down in Florida

Don't be surprised if that glass is the exact same size as the S6
    09-02-15 09:35 AM
    Venice Cases and Screen Protectors?-blackberry-venice-tinhte.jpg

I was thinking that this is a pretty sharp corner that will probably ding pretty badly if dropped.
    09-02-15 09:41 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackberry-venice-tinhte.jpg 
Views:	2076 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	369383

I was thinking that this is a pretty sharp corner that will probably ding pretty badly if dropped.
    My Z10 has the rounded corners, and they still dented easily with short (foot-high) falls on a hard floor. Now I have a hard shell with inner neoprene wrap around the phone. It just bounces with falls now.

Not sure if such a case would be possible with the slider. That is my worry as well. Because I'd need one no matter what.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 10:17 AM
    My Z10 has the rounded corners, and they still dented easily with short (foot-high) falls on a hard floor. Now I have a hard shell with inner neoprene wrap around the phone. It just bounces with falls now.

Not sure if such a case would be possible with the slider. That is my worry as well. Because I'd need one no matter what.

Posted via CB10

so I had a moto droid 3, loved that thing and found a case for it that barely fit and ONLY fit because it had a visible gap between the screen and the rest of the phone, the venice however - by the photos I see, there is no gap to install a case on it...
    09-02-15 10:47 AM
    Would be cool if somebody makes a case that fits tight and doesn't allow the phone to open, for the folks who just want a VKB.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 03:23 PM
    Would be cool if somebody makes a case that fits tight and doesn't allow the phone to open, for the folks who just want a VKB.

Posted via CB10
    I'm sure there will be people looking for that...if sales are good that will probably happen
    09-02-15 03:39 PM
    I'm sure there will be people looking for that...if sales are good that will probably happen
    If not, you could just try not opening or dropping it as that shouldn't be too difficult and would PROBABLY be the cheapest of all your options.
    Carjackd likes this.
    09-02-15 03:41 PM
    The device does not yet officially even exist. I would think a discussion involving accessories might be a bit difficult.
    We have seen high resolution pictures of the device and sliding mechanism and curved display aren't a secret since MWC. I think asking how to protect a curved display and how to attach a case to the slider form is legitimately and more realistic than all the crazy OS speculations which simply base on fantasy.

I'm also interested in how a case/backside protection could look like without blocking the sliding mechanism. I like hard shells but they always go around the corners which would block the slider...

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 04:58 PM
    Keep an eye out on eBay. Often cases are up for sale before the actual phone is released.

Passport SQW 100-1 OS 10.3.2.2639 Winnipeg,MB
    09-02-15 05:03 PM
    If not, you could just try not opening or dropping it as that shouldn't be too difficult and would PROBABLY be the cheapest of all your options.
    Lol...exactly
    09-02-15 08:18 PM
    09-02-15 08:20 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41eYY2zQd9L.jpg 
Views:	839 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	369468
    I LOL'd..

But on a serious note, I want this once the Venice releases:

A CURVED tempered glass screen protector for the s6 edge... no reason why I can't get something similar once the venice releases.
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    09-02-15 09:19 PM
    If only it were that easy... .

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 10:52 PM
    09-02-15 11:24 PM
    They have the jump on everything!
    09-03-15 01:09 AM
    You know about a quoted "everything is made in China except water and air" lol
    andre3030 and Carjackd like this.
    09-03-15 01:13 AM
    Which. I assume, is at least a small potential confirmation that the Venice is at least really going to happen.

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on the mighty Qued! - Channel C003DAB77
    Carjackd likes this.
    09-03-15 10:01 AM
    A search for Venice on Ebay has resulted in a search for LG730 which was dubbed Venice.

http://www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg-LG730-venice

Venice Cases and Screen Protectors?-img_20150906_031052.png

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 01:17 PM