High. Very very high.
    and yet again that's bla1ze saying something BUT not telling us everything lol
    needforbbx likes this.
    09-20-15 01:24 AM
    High. Very very high.
    Too d**n high?? ;-P

�   Leakers' gonna leak... :-)   �
    09-20-15 06:22 AM
    BB10 variant. Yes please.

OS developed [/] tick
    Hardware developed [/] tick

So why not? Wouldn't overburden neither their budget nor their resources, I dare to believe... :-)

09-20-15 06:25 AM
    Man, I remember when the legacy users were crying about why BlackBerry abandoned legacy OS for BB10 and now look...
    Yeah, now look.... now they are abandoning BB10 for Android. Is that the point you are trying to make?
    09-20-15 06:52 AM
    See...so many people are connected to an OS. I don't know why. I'm a brand loyalist so I'm loyal to BlackBerry as a brand and not based on the OS. I want BlackBerry to succeed. Even if that means going Android, I approve and support it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-20-15 07:10 AM
    I love how Blaze makes up for his harshness by adding "lol" ;-) almost every post ;-)

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    09-20-15 07:47 AM
    See...so many people are connected to an OS. I don't know why. I'm a brand loyalist so I'm loyal to BlackBerry as a brand and not based on the OS. I want BlackBerry to succeed. Even if that means going Android, I approve and support it.

Yes, some people are more concerned with what a handset can do, and how it operates, then the label on it. No idea why you would be surprised by that. For me, it's a productivity tool, not something to be "loyal" to.
    Allanon89 likes this.
    09-20-15 08:00 AM
    BB10 variant. Yes please.

OS developed [/] tick
    Hardware developed [/] tick

So why not? Wouldn't overburden neither their budget nor their resources, I dare to believe... :-)

•   Leakers' gonna leak... :-)   •
    Someone claimed here that they were told by a BBRY hardware developer (anyone remember the thread?) that they still stick with the same aging 2012/2013 processors on the BB10 devices because of the prohibitive cost of qualcomm drivers for such low numbers - if that is the case, that would also weigh against a BB10 slider.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    09-20-15 08:08 AM

That's what's known as ecosystem lockin. If for example you have paid apps amounting to X $ switching to another platform will cost you <cost_of_phone> + X $. The "beauty" of Android is that it has a softer ecosystem lockin. Moving between OEMs, you move your apps with you.
    09-20-15 08:45 AM
    and yet again that's bla1ze saying something BUT not telling us everything lol
    CDMA version just means Verizon didn't tell BlackBerry to go play in traffic ...like they did with the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    jope28, FF22, Anilu7 and 1 others like this.
    09-20-15 09:10 AM

A brand loyalist? What does that mean? That you like a brand, no matter what they do / produce, etc? Makes absolutely no sense to me.

I like the simplicity of OS10, how everything plays fine together. I don't care for the name written on the device. If they would release an open source version of OS 10 or sell it to another company, I'd go some place else....
    Allanon89 and vanrickman like this.
    09-20-15 10:47 AM
    Yeah, now look.... now they are abandoning BB10 for Android. Is that the point you are trying to make?
    No - was pointing out how the same is happening again, people resisting the move to android because they swear by BlackBerry 10 as being the best.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 12:15 PM
    He also posted it with a prayer emoji. Like he's still praying for it lol. I say where's the beef? If it exists, where is it? There's been 0 sign of it.
    And, of course, the clocks on either half don't match.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 01:06 PM
    I'm still getting the android version but I thought it'd be cool at least for the BlackBerry 10 die hards to keep hope alive.

Man, I remember when the legacy users were crying about why BlackBerry abandoned legacy OS for BB10 and now look...
    Yes, I think we can all agree that Mike L's initial roadmap of continuing to develop BBOS through version 9 while building BB10 was the way to go. Moving to an entirely new platform is very tempting, but it's also something that only one or two tech companies have survived doing.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 01:16 PM
    No - was pointing out how the same is happening again, people resisting the move to android because they swear by BlackBerry 10 as being the best.

Posted via CB10
    No. I think a lot of people here want to see BlackBerry continue to have a platform of its own as it always has. It's a huge step down to become just another device manufacturer making Android phones. The profit potential from things like OS licensing and app sales just isn't there for an Android shop. Also, the ability to differentiate in cool and interesting ways is gone, as well. BlackBerry 10 was supposed to give us big Blendy advantages in distributed computing and such to win the future, but we all understand that the present is something of a lost cause. And, many of us have been shocked at how Chen has seemingly halted all development and killed developer relations. We don't want to go Android because it pretty much means that even if the company sells 40 million devices, it can never be great, again, because it'll just be a device shop and not a platform. But, then, we stop and wonder how much Chen has hurt or damaged the BB10 effort and, well, do we have a future in the platform wars, anyway? It's stunning how much better Nadella at Microsoft is then John Chen. Stunning.

Posted via CB10
    Allanon89 and vanrickman like this.
    09-20-15 01:25 PM
    Bro.
    Bla1ze did you already get your hand on one of slider demos ?
    ayngling likes this.
    09-20-15 01:39 PM
    Maybe their keeping it close to the chest.

Posted via CB10
    What purpose would that serve? If by some miracle they released both variants which one do you think people would buy more of? Do you think people outside of diehard BlackBerry fans are pining for a slider with BB10? The only shot BB has at making any type of decent sales is with an Android version. Sure, people in here will by the slider version with BB10, but that's just going to be enough from BlackBerry's marketshare from dropping to less than 3% globally, which isn't worth their time.
    BerryRipe likes this.
    09-20-15 02:56 PM
    As someone who has been hoping for a BB10 slider since I purchased my z10 when it first became available for sale in Canada I have to say I'll be very disappointed if Blackberry doesn't release a BB10 version of Venice however its not because of a loyalty to the Blackberry 10 OS that a lot of people on here seem to have. It's because I think Blackberry is repeating the same mistake it made when it launched Blackberry 10 by launching a 'half-baked' version of Androidberry.

I think I represent your average Blackberry user when I say that I honestly don't care what the underlying OS is on a Blackberry phone.... if Venice represents the death of QNX powered Blackberry 10 and a switch to Androidberry, I can live with that. However, what I do care about is the user experience of Blackberry 10 that I've come to love and that is something I can't live without.

Here's what Blackberry 10 means to me:
    - A unified hub where I can easily find/sort all of my messages
    - Gesture based UI
    - The peak to hub gesture from any app
    - Amazing virtual keyboard
    - Blackberry Blend
    - That customizable blinking LED notification light that will always scream Blackberry phone

And here's what I've always felt that Blackberry 10 has been missing:
    - Apps

So the launch of Venice running Androidberry finally solves the one issue that it had become evident Blackberry 10 was always going to suffer from... Apps and developer support. I know people here like to downplay the importance of apps but it's simply the way the world is moving and after the failure that was the Amazaon App store on Blackberry 10 I think it became evident to John Chen and Blackberry that a move to Android was the only way to go.

However John Chen and Blackberry have also been touting how they will bring the Blackberry experience to Android with the Blackberry Productivity Suite etc.... I took this to mean that when we finally saw the final product, Blackberry would have found ways to re-create the things users love about Blackberry 10 on an Android device. When the rumours first surfaced that Venice was going to be an Android-only device, I was still excited about getting it because I assumed that Blackberry would deliver on the Productivity Suite but it seems like I once again had too much faith in the company.

From what I can gather going off of information based on the leaks the Venice will not offer a true unified hub experience, will not offer a gesture base UI, will not offer a peak to hub feature, may or may not use the Blackberry virtual keyboard, will not offer a Blackberry Blend functionality but will thankfully still have that blinking LED notification light. So aside from the slider form factor, no features that make a modern Blackberry a Blackberry. This is a poor showing from a company and a CEO that loves to talk about how it is becoming a software company because when it comes to Venice, the hardware division seems to have delivered with an incredible slider form factor and specs. Venice has been let down by a software division that couldn't deliver anything more than a slight tweak to the stock Android experience.

So where does that leave me? Well I'm left hoping for a BB10 version of Venice that it sounds like will never exist. Not because I have anything against using an Android powered Blackberry phone but because I had faith Blackberry could customize the Android OS to the point that they could deliver a BB10 style experience combined with access to all of the Android apps in one amazing package. But just like when Blackberry 10 first launched, it sounds like they will be bringing a product to market that doesn't have all the features their loyalists have come to love and doesn't offer anything unique enough to peak the curiosity of those who might want to give the Blackberry brand a second chance. With a BB10 version of Venice seemingly DOA, the only thing I'm left hoping for is that this time it doesn't take Blackberry almost 3 years to bring the experience/features users want to their new Androidberry phones.
    Last edited by outoftheice; 09-20-15 at 06:03 PM. Reason: corrected spelling/formating
    09-20-15 05:57 PM
    Venice BB10 Variant-mockit_20092015160605.jpg
    Totally legit classic running Android.

It it totally not a mock it render.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 06:06 PM
    That's what's known as ecosystem lockin. If for example you have paid apps amounting to X $ switching to another platform will cost you <cost_of_phone> + X $. The "beauty" of Android is that it has a softer ecosystem lockin. Moving between OEMs, you move your apps with you.
    Because of Google... it's the Playstore.

Just hypothetically, if they made it available on iOS, you could have your apps there too. Cobalt / Snap anyone?

:-)

09-20-15 06:14 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MockIt_20092015160605.jpg 
Views:	1485 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	372281
    Totally legit classic running Android.

It it totally not a mock it render.

Posted via CB10

More info, please? ;-)

BerryRipe likes this.
    09-20-15 06:19 PM
    To what point would a BB10 Variant be
    1. BlackBerry 10 apps are hardly getting updated even twitter and facebook
    2. No new Dev tools for almost a year
    3. Android runtime is outdated 4.3 of apps are starting to not work properly due to api being out dated
    If BlackBerry doesn't do something soon BB10 will be just another playbook
    Mecca EL likes this.
    09-20-15 06:29 PM
    I want more leaks of the slider bring on more!! Can't wait for release looks slick! Android robot with a shield at startup that's gonna be cool! )

09-20-15 06:34 PM
    I strongly doubt BlackBerry is going to release a BB10 version of the slider. It would be FOOLISH.

It would confuse consumers and take away from from the Android version. BlackBerry needs the slider to be a heavy hitter, not overshadowed by a crappy BB10 version.

What if a consumer walked into AT&T wanting to buy the Android slider and somehow got a BB10 version? Man, they would be PISSED.

Real hope would be created by showing some existence of a BlackBerry 10 version, there has been none. Even the six versions argument doesn't work out.. There was six versions of the Z30 as well in the beginning for different regions. There's 2 KNOWN regional variations of the slider right now STV100-3 which is for APAC and STV100-6 which has been pegged for North America.. the others are thus far unaccounted for but the fact of the matter is having six STV100 versions means nothing and is not entirely unheard of or something that has never happened before and it's certainly no sign of a BB10 version.

I hope it will have world-wide radio frequencies like Passport.
    09-20-15 07:16 PM
    Bla1ze did you already get your hand on one of slider demos ?
    Of course: and because of the NDA we get erroneous rumours elsewhere and Bla1ze says "wait 'till the 23rd" or whatever day it is.

I think I liked CrackBerry better when CrackBerry management had the connections and got the leaks, rather than signing NDAs and embargoing everything.... but that ship has sailed with... other stuff that other BlackBerry fan sites or general tech sites do better than CrackBerry does now. But CrackBerry does have the critical mass of regular participants and the best volunteers and mods on the Internet, and all the news does find its way here by way of members reposting it... So there's that. But it has been a long time since I ever saw another tech site saying "CrackBerry.com is reporting..." But more and more I'm seeing on CrackBerry.com "Mobile Syrup is reporting..." etc... letting other sites scoop them on BB news. C'est la vie... et la guerre.
    09-20-15 08:08 PM
139 1234 ...