Spent this past weekend in Toronto at VELD music festival. Decided to video tape some of my favourite Dj's and when I played back the video in the hotel room I found the audio in my videos were extremely muffled. The priv microphones obviously couldn't handle the extremely loud and bass filled music. I've been to other edm music festivals before with my previous phone, (iPhone 6), and never experienced an issue with sound whatsoever. Small hiccup here obviously but these are moments I like to always look back on, and unfortunately the videos I recorded aren't even worth watching. Picture quality this weekend was phenomenal as always with the priv though.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-01-16 07:05 PM
    That sucks lol. I was at Digital Dreams a few weekends ago in Toronto and recorded a few of the songs with my Passport and had no issues.

Fortunately for me, I purchased the Priv 5 days ago lol. That's a bummer to hear.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-16 07:21 PM
    Ya definitely frustrating!! I have videos from my iPhone last summer from veld and mount woozy and I still like to look back on them. Not sure what the problem is. Just poor mic quality I guess.

08-01-16 07:33 PM
    Download Blackberry Virtual Expert and run its audio/mic tests. Try recording from a stereo system and see if you can vary the results.
    08-01-16 08:00 PM
    Veld was insane! How about garrix' intro and end? Let alone his whole damn set, was crazy!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    08-01-16 08:56 PM
    I recorded some footage at Molson Amphitheater of a Journey concert on my Priv, and it couldn't handle the loud parts either. Hopefully BlackBerry can improve the Mike through a software update, but I won't hold my breath.

08-01-16 09:33 PM
    Veld was insane! How about garrix' intro and end? Let alone his whole damn set, was crazy!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    Amazing. He's my all time favourite. Been following his rise to the top since he was like 17. Straight chills down my back for an hour and a half

08-02-16 02:05 AM
    It's the software... it's horrible, whatever they before the last update they messed up, even my snaps sound horrible while at musical events

08-09-16 07:02 PM
    Had no issues with my passport either, the priv audio recording software is bad far the priv

08-09-16 07:04 PM
    Well I guess it's a good thing that it's a software issue rather than hardware for such a "premium" device. It would be nice if they fixed this with an app update of the camera or something.
    08-15-16 02:37 PM
    Yeah man .. Now we just gotta let them know, I send blackberry this info via Twitter, doubt they will fix this and time soon

08-15-16 02:51 PM